Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scared to eat different foods

it depends on the source of the carbs. Look I did not get fat eating carrots or lima Beans. or even bananas. so as my NUT recommends I have added them in, keeping in mind my daily carb allowance. even oatmeal. this is not the same as having candy, or chips, or cake. You will loose weight if you are eating balanced, healthy FOODs and not food products.

Its so hard to not have carbs when they are in everything I eat. Even oatmeal so I don't worry so much about them. I just try and make sure that they are as low as possible . My nut told me no fruit because there is too much sugar but I have a Halo or Cutie or 2 almost every day. I don't actually eat them just suck the juice out. Sounds weird but it satisfys me. Everyone is different,

In my opinion, you would be better off eating the halo or cutie rather than just sucking out the juice. The juice is where all the sugar is and the flesh and pulp is where you get the Fiber. You might as well just be eating straight sugar if you think just sucking out the juice is somehow a good alternative. SMH.

I know everyone has there own opinion's but I was told by my Nut to not eat the halo because it has to much pulp which is not good for my sleeve. Her suggestion and also my surgeon suggestion was if I wanted to have one only suck the juice out so I do.

I am 4 months after surgery.

its interesting how the different NUTS and surgeons manage post op care. I was cleared last week at one month to eat anything and take any OTC meds I need.

@@lisalisa1212

Good for you for sticking up for yourself. I think some people on here need to remember that we are just following our dr/dietians orders, and they don't need to post such rude comments

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

it depends on the source of the carbs. Look I did not get fat eating carrots or lima Beans. or even bananas. so as my NUT recommends I have added them in, keeping in mind my daily carb allowance. even oatmeal. this is not the same as having candy, or chips, or cake. You will loose weight if you are eating balanced, healthy FOODs and not food products.

Its so hard to not have carbs when they are in everything I eat. Even oatmeal so I don't worry so much about them. I just try and make sure that they are as low as possible . My nut told me no fruit because there is too much sugar but I have a Halo or Cutie or 2 almost every day. I don't actually eat them just suck the juice out. Sounds weird but it satisfys me. Everyone is different,
In my opinion, you would be better off eating the halo or cutie rather than just sucking out the juice. The juice is where all the sugar is and the flesh and pulp is where you get the Fiber. You might as well just be eating straight sugar if you think just sucking out the juice is somehow a good alternative. SMH.
I know everyone has there own opinion's but I was told by my Nut to not eat the halo because it has to much pulp which is not good for my sleeve. Her suggestion and also my surgeon suggestion was if I wanted to have one only suck the juice out so I do.

I am 4 months after surgery.

No offense intended, I just think it is strange and counterproductive.

Did they give any reason why they thought the pulp of a halo would be bad for your sleeve at 4 months post-op? That in itself sounds strange to me.

@@lisalisa1212

Good for you for sticking up for yourself. I think some people on here need to remember that we are just following our dr/dietians orders, and they don't need to post such rude comments

How is disagreeing rude?

Citrus fruits are a ton of sugar and acid. Since a lot of people have Gerd issues, not really the best choice. Berries are the best fruit choices. Strawberries, blue berries, etc

I use the nature valley dark chocolate and almond.. I tried fruits.. I used to eat watermelon everyday before surgery and it's just different to me now.. I'll keep trying but I mainly just eat the good stuff I love lol.. I'm a seafood freak

Interesting about watermelon. I had sleeve 12/30 - i had my entire colon removed in 2015 - watermelon is a huge no-no for colon "people" it reconstitues itself in you and is hard to pass. It isnt fully Water like some people think. I love the taste - fond memories!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using the BariatricPal App