Bay Area surgeons?

16 posts in this topic

Looking for a surgeon in the Bay Area haven't had much luck getting my calls returned from some clinics any suggestions of call returning docs would be greatly appreciated ????

There are lots of Bay Area's in the US - could you be a bit more specific?

Dr. Zare - the best!

Dr Khalil was great

Who you can see and where you can have your surgery may have a lot to do with who your insured by, and which medical group/IPA you're with if you have H M O insurance. Are you H M O, or P P O?

In that case, there are large bariatric surgery centers at UCSF, CPMC (San Francisco); John Muir Concord (both Dr. Chin and his group, and Dr. Kwan and her colleagues; Valleycare in Pleasanton, and Alta Bates-Summit in Oakland (First Surgical). I believe there is also one down the Peninsula, but I don't know for certain.

My PCP's office had such trouble with Dr. Chin's office staff that I was switched to Dr. Kwan and I'm very, very happy with both her and her staff. I manage a lot of clients who use both First Surgical and Valleycare, and they are happy with both. I don't have any first hand experience with the San Francisco locations or surgeons.

I will say Dr Chins office was a hassle but I put up with it because of his reputation as a surgeon. I found one person in the office who got things done and that's who I work with solely now.

Sent from my iPhone using BariatricPal