Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Early March Sleevers, Tell us what to expect. I go March 16 ( God willing) I would love to hear first hand how you are doing. Pain level, able to sleep? Water? etc.

My surgery was on Wednesday the 2nd. I had a revision from band to sleeve. I woke up in some pain but the anesthesiologist gave me a block in one of my nerves in my tummy and that was great. I had a revision from a band so I think that's where a lot of my pain came from, having to remove the port, band and scar tissue. I slept a lot day 1, first night would have been ok if the nurses didn't keep coming into the room. I got up and walked every couple of hours because the gas pains were pretty bad, it feels like someone sitting on your chest and back, very uncomfortable. I don't even really feel like I was in too much pain, maybe a 4/5, it was mostly discomfort. I didn't get nauseous until I was about to leave the hospital, I did throw up a tiny bit of mucus but I felt better after I got some meds for the nausea. My rid home sucked because there were a bunch of bumps but once I was laying on the couch I felt better. Picked up some chicken Soup from a local Mexican restaurant and strained it so could get something in me besides Water and ice. It was delicious! I slept on on night 2, I have an adjustable bed so I slept at an angle with pillows all around me. I was scared I was going to roll over onto my tummy. Days 3 and 4 were good, minimal pain, got up and shower and that felt good. My diaphragm was definitely swollen pretty bad, still is a little bloated. Last night was a little rough for me, I didn't sleep good and I woke up in some pain, I might have pushed it too much yesterday. Today has been ok, took another shower and got really tired. I wanted to go back to work tomorrow but I think I'm just going to work from home, my drive it pretty far and I don't think I'm ready for that. It has been hard getting in liquids, today I've had a Protein drink, water, chicken noodle Soup broth, and a Popsicle. I need to get out of the house so I'm going to go to the store for my full liquid diet this evening.

Good luck!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

One more thing, I'm not hungry but the mental cravings are killing me! I'm just reminding myself that I'll have food in a few weeks and this is all worth it.

Thank you for the play by play its so helpful. How long was your surgery since it was a revision? @@GalleyGal

Nervousnelly719 I think it took about 2 hours. I don't remember exactly.

And anesthesia was a breeze? @@GalleyGal

@@nervousnelly719 Yes, the anasthesia was fine for me. I remember being wheeled in and them giving me stuff to relax then just going to sleep, I remember telling them goodnight lol. Once they woke me up I was in pain but they took care of it right away, that was the worst of the pain I felt.

march 28th!!

March 16..getting nervous

I am getting a revision from a recently failed Lab Band. It cant come soon enough for me. I feel like I am on a downward spiral..I've already gained 20 lbs.