Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where Are You???

For some of us, we're approaching the two month mark. I was just wondering where everyone is as far as weight loss, food, clothing size, emotionally, etc. I can't be happier with my weight loss...I'm down 46 lbs since pre-op. But I have to admit that between my initial consultation and pre-op, I gained about 10 lbs! UGH. :faint:

As for food, I don't push it but I don't deprive myself either. If there's something I want, I'll have a bite to satisfy. Last night, I had just a little serving of ice cream. One thing that's hard for me is looking at those small portions. For example, this morning for Breakfast, I had granola Cereal. I poured a very small amount in the bowl but before I finished it, I won't say I was full but I was satisified so I should have stopped right? Wrong...I finished it. That whole thing about not wasting food. I will tell you that I have thrown out more food in the last two months than probably the rest of my life put together.

As far as clothing, all of my clothes are getting loose. Especially my jeans. The other day, my husband said "You've got to stop wearing those baggy ass jeans." They didn't used to be so baggy. :whoo:

As far as emotionally, I'm good but I know that people are going to start to notice very soon. I'm one of those who didn't tell everyone, only a select few. I didn't want to food/diet police checking on me every minute plus I didn't want to answer questions all the time. I felt like if they wanted to know about Lap-band, do what I did. Go to a seminar. I'm not saying I wouldn't help people but I just don't feel the need to advertise.

I'm anxious to hear from others. Feel free to elaborate.

Renee

I just returned from a vacation with my family to Disneyland. The trip was great but eating was a nightmare. I avoided the kids meals in the park because they consisted of a hamburger or chicken nuggets. Both things I A)shouldn't eat and B)can't swallow without PB'ing! I'm back on track now but wondering if I'm really going to lose all the weight I need to lose.

Do you ever feel this way? I've lost only about 25 lbs now and I have this longing dread in my mind that I will never start losing weight quickly and steadily..

Weight Loss - 39lbs since pre-op

Clothes - no change in size, but what I have fit better

food - before today, not enough restriction, so I had to make the choice to stop - definitely understand, "I will just finish that". I had my 2nd fill today, so I hope to have a better stop now. I have tried really hard to make good choices, but if I want something I eat a little of it. It helps not keeping junk in the house.

Emotionally - good this week, I was a little angry when my mother was here visiting - she kept asking my husband why it was working for him but not me! Like 35lbs in 4 weeks wasn't good enough. I finally said something just before she left - when was the last time you lost 35lbs in 4 weeks? She called yesterday to say that she and my sister were clothes shopping for me, because they knew how much it was going to cost me to keep replacing clothes. I said you guys keep saying this isn't going to work, so why would I need new clothes? I know a snotty thing to say, but they have not been very supportive. Now I am determined to prove them wrong!

I have lost 28.5 lbs so far. I haven't changed clothes sizes yet, they are much more comfy now. They were really tight at time of pre-op. As for food I try to be good but nights seem to get to me. I am really good at Breakfast and lunch. I am getting ready for work or at work so it is all I have to eat. After I get home from work it all falls apart. I make good supper choices, it is after supper where I seem to snack alot. Emtionally I am doing ok because I take medication for it. If not I think I would probably fall apart. Even though I have lost weight my mother doesn't really have any thing good to say about it. I went out to eat with her one night and she said nothing has changed. I guess she didn't seem to notice that I only ate the fish I got and none of the sides. It is best for me not to say anything to her. I do seem to remind her all the time that my dr told me that it might take 3 years to take all the weight off.

I'm just over a month since my surgery. I'm down almost 20 pounds. I'm a little frustrated that I haven't lost any weight in the last week. I got my fill and can finally eat solid foods but now I'm not losing weight :-(

I've been too tired to try and exercise but I'm guessing I'm going to have to suck it up and do it anyway. I just don't like to sweat :0) I don't want to ruin my make up or have to redo my hair. (I know - pathetic excuses)

Even as it is, I love my band and only wish I could have done this sooner. My 20 pounds shows and people are noticing (even my kids and they wouldn't see an elephant walk by (no puns/jokes intended)).

Good luck to everyone! It feels so good to finally be going in the right direction!!

I was banded June 19 and am down 23# so far and have dropped from a 22 to an 18/20 depending on how they are made. I have not had too much trouble with food choices for the most part. The week of my time of month was very tough though. I could have ate anything that did not eat me first. I try to go to Water aerobics 2 or 3 times a week and I also walk when I get the chance, 2.5 miles 1 or 2x a week.

I am going in on Monday to get my second fill and I hope that I get closer to the restriction I am hoping for. I do tend to get hungry mid afternoon, I really notice it if I am not busy. I am not tight now and I found that the only thing I have had trouble with is a big hotdog or hamburger bun.

Every one is doing so great, keep it rocking!

i started out at 330, then 317 at consult, 307 at surgery, and 285 at rebanding May 24th.

The last fill was the first GREAT fill, which brought restriction! i have 6.5cc's in a 10cc small AP band. Its very comfortable to have.

But, this morning at wiegh in, i weight an all time low of 275. I ride about 4 miles each morning, walk half that each night, keep track of my food at fitday.com. I still fight. I bounce wieght back on...two days ago i woke up to 278, so i upped my excercise and started doing protien shakes in the mornings INSTEAD of trying to eat solids and just pb'ing them back up. I can wear the next size down (24 down to 22 on some things). I no longer have to ask for an extention on a plane...i walk easier, and move easier.

I really want to lose this weight but its very slow for me.

im hoping it will increase.

I was banded 6/25 and am down 23 lbs. My clothes are definetely getting very loose, and people are starting to notice the weight loss. It's such an incentive when you hear people say they notice you're getting thinner. I started at 260, and am down to 237. Haven't gotten my first fill yet. Am planning that for the last week of August. The weight loss is slow, but it is at a healthy rate, and I'm very encouraged.

Good luck to all of us!!!!

Peggy