Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The truth is, I failed

1 cup Almond milk, 1 scoop chocolate Protein powder, tablespoon of Protein rich Peanut Butter, half a frozen banana, and some ice cubes. Tastes like a Reese's Cup and 30+ grams of protein depending on type of powder and Peanut Butter.< /p>

1 cup almond milk, half a cup greek yogurt, mandarin orange, vanilla Protein Powder, table spoon sugar free whip cream and ice. Tastes like a creamsicle and again 30+ grams of protein possible.

These shakes have more calories than the recommended but will get you going and over the "yuck" feeling. Just eat light between and it will balance out. Of course someone will say talk to the nutritionist and that's fine just an option.

Okay, I have not been on here for a while myself and I have only lost 48 lbs in 9 months myself, but as of 1/1/16 I decided I am not going to do this anymore. I did this for a reason, and that reason was to feel better about myself.

I have done a lot of soul searching and I know I self sabatage myself, and maybe that is what you do too. Here is were we will be held accountible and I am glad to be back. Iook foward to seeing how I do as well. So AmyFromCincy please keep going and don't lett want we did be in vain. We can do this. I have another 65 lbs to go and I am glad to see I am not the only one in this situtation. Please keep me posted on how you do.

I personally suffer from a binge eating disorder, so I very actively work with an eating disorder program while I am on this journey. It is very worth looking into why you are eating what you are eating. Good luck!

I completely agree with this. Please seek a therapist. During my eval, the psychiatrist gave me the name of someone and urged me to call her immediately if I felt my food issues were going to sabotage my sleeve.

I have also been urged to attend support groups - and I would suggest you do the same.

Of course, take my advice with a grain of salt, as I have not been through it yet. But this is the information that I was given on my journey so far.

I wish you all the luck in the world. I know you can pull through this and get back on track if you try.

What a shame! I agree that you haven't handled WLS nearly as well as you could have.

Simple question: Do you still want to turn things around?

"You need to stop your self imposed pity party and take control of this situation...starting right this minute."

yes, you are absolutely right.

as for the "yucky" food comment...I just mean meals just seem so heavy and nauseating. And forget about Protein shakes. Right from jump those things grossed me out.

My dear Amy,

Don't give up as of yet! It is not over till its over! Try Premier Protein chocolate, it tastes like choc milk and Muscle Milk Cookies and cream. They both are really good, but if they are too heavy for you try diluting them with some milk it mellows the taste. Another good unflavored powder is unjury Medical Protein Unflavored, it mixes well with everything and is tasteless. You can mix it with anything, juice, Soup, regular lowfat choc milk, any food really. Also when you mix it if its too heavy you can always put half a scoop instead of a full scoop. Best of luck to you!

You have lost a prime window of opportunity but you have not lost the war. There have got to be some healthy foods out there you'd like. Maybe you need to start looking at recipes and trying some new things. I just posted my story. Read it if you'd like to know who this advice is coming from. But trust me, that sleeve will be your friend for the rest of your life. You just need to work on how to take advantage of it at least 95%. (No one will be perfect!)

Now that this is off your chest, how can we help you become a success story? It is possible you know that, right?

There are other good, tastier, choices for Protein other than Protein shakes.

Here's a link to some examples of Proteins, their serving size, calories and protein/serving.

http://www.todaysdietitian.com/pdf/webinars/ProteinContentofFoods.pdf

Stay positive.

You have gotten good advice here regarding Protein drinks so I have nothing to add to that.

I wanted to address your comment that real food was yucky because it is heavy. Well, that's the point of it. Protein is supposed to fill you up for long periods and feed your body and keep you full so you don't graze like you are doing now. So I hate to say this but we all just have to suck it up, you included, and eat our protein to stay full and nourished.

You should really heed the advice given here and do a hard restart. Go back to basics, cut out all junk, and work the program hard while you still can.

"You need to stop your self imposed pity party and take control of this situation...starting right this minute."

yes, you are absolutely right.

as for the "yucky" food comment...I just mean meals just seem so heavy and nauseating. And forget about Protein shakes. Right from jump those things grossed me out.

My dear Amy,

Don't give up as of yet! It is not over till its over! Try Premier Protein chocolate, it tastes like choc milk and Muscle Milk Cookies and cream. They both are really good, but if they are too heavy for you try diluting them with some milk it mellows the taste. Another good unflavored powder is powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Medical Protein Unflavored, it mixes well with everything and is tasteless. You can mix it with anything, juice, Soup, regular lowfat choc milk, any food really. Also when you mix it if its too heavy you can always put half a scoop instead of a full scoop. Best of luck to you!

I absolutely hated Unjury, and their unflavored powder had a horrible taste to it - made me throw up and even smelling it still will cause gagging. So it's not universally liked. ;)

Of all the different Protein powders I tried, I found that the Syntrax Nectars blend in better. As a matter of fact, their Grapefruit flavor mixed with Crystal Lite Lemonade tastes EXACTLY like Fresca Soda. I keep that one on hand. Also, I find that when mixed with low-fat milk or almond milk, the vanilla, strawberry, and chocolate flavors are more true.

i got to thinkin' and wanted to ask you who prepares the food that you eat, and are they a good cook? When I was younger, I had anemia and anorexia. The doctor gave me a B12 shot once a month and insisted that I eat liver twice a week. The only way my mother knew how to cook it was to fry it in a pan with onions. I felt like I was eating my shoe.

A Mexican neighbor came to the rescue and would mince the liver and put it in her taco meat and other highly spiced dishes. I could not taste the liver and did not care that it was there. This was all a matter of how the same food was fixed differently by two different cooks.

Mother's range of cooking was limited with basic meat and potatoes, and anything made with noodles, bread or rice. She could make outstanding Desserts, but regular food - not so much.

When I met my boyfriend in 2006, he introduced me to many foods that I had never had, and some I had never even heard of. What comes to mind is avocado, sunchokes, asparagus, Hollandaise sauce, crab, zucchini, eggplant, cheeses beside American, cheddar, and mozzarella, yogurt, pistachios....the list goes on and on.

If the menu in your home is limited, then it is high time your branch out and explore what else is out there. If there is something you think you would like better if it were prepared differently, speak up. I have always thought that MUST have been some Israelite woman traveling 40 years in the desert with Moses who should have written a cookbook: 101 Ways to Fix Mannah. Men didn't ask for directions back then either!

I was sleeved on April 27, 2015. First, Celebrate what you have accomplished. Next, you need to hit the re-set button. You haven't lost out yet. I don't do many Protein shakes myself. I use the powders sometimes in sugar free pudding or Greek yogurt though. My husband really likes the Premier Protein pre mixed shakes and that is what I drink when I do. I would see your nutritionist and come up with some foods that don't make you feel bad. I eat a very wide variety of foods. I've learned to embrace Beans as well. I NEVER ate them before surgery. Also, you need to exercise. It will help. I've been working out since 2 weeks after surgery. I now run 3 mornings a week, I walk 3 mornings a week, I do Zumba one night a week, and body pump 2 nights a week. Some people will say, "I don't have that much time." Well, I work full time, am in school to get my MBA, married, and have a 10 month old daughter. You don't have to do anything major...just get moving. I have had many stalls along this morning. My starting weight was 290-294. My surgery date weight was 260. Now I am 143. It's not easy, but it is so worth it!! Don't give up!!

I had my surgery on 4/2/15. Pre surgery diet I was 260, surgery day I was 248. Im now 210. Yes, 38 whopping pounds in 9 months (but really ive been at 210 since october). The thing is that the people I know all act like ive done something astounding. Theyre not looking at the numbers and comparing it to what I should have done. I have exercised zilch and graze on junk because "food"food is yuck and heavy. I feel like I have thrown my chance away.

Nope, there is still plenty of opportunity to correct...Now what? People have offered tons of great advice for you here already so I won't repeat. Best Wishes

I didn't read all of the details so forgive me if this has been asked but have you tried white fish like tilapia? It is Protein, but very light on the stomach. I've been trying to think of "real food" options that are light. Wasabi peas are a bit spicy but it is not a spice that impacts the stomach, just the sinus, and are a good source of Protein as a snack. Pepitas, no shell pumpkin seeds, are a favorite snack of mine. 1 oz. equals 10 grams of protein. Another I feel is light on the stomach.