Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The truth is, I failed

I just wanted to add, please try swai fish. it is very light and moist. It has a very very light fish taste. It is almost just pure Protein. I sprinkle it with lemon and garlic, and bake, sometimes with a little ghee, sometimes just plain. It has a super high moisture content, it almost turns to mush as soon as you start chewing it. You can use it to meet your Protein goals and not feel overly full.

I hated the Protein shakes but managed to gag them down anyway. That is until someone posted about GENEPRO unflavored Protein powder. I mix it into sugar free pudding, sugar free hot cocoa etc. I've mixed in cottage cheese or yogurt into the Protein Shakes with a little sugar free jam and it turns out like a fruit milkshake. There are ways to get the Protein in that is not so gross. I like ricotta cheese better than cottage cheese so I mix the Protein Powder into that and you can't even tell and 1 scoop adds 30 grams of protein.

As hard as it is to eat, nothing tastes as good as thin feels.

Buy yourself an nice outfit one size down and hang it on your bedroom door where you have to look at it several times a day. I find that a great motivating factor. I just go shopping in the back of my closet and decide what I want to fit in next.

Thank you all for commenting and giving me suggestions and encouragement. I think I will look into finding a therapist. I guess I wasn't really ready but tried to convince myself that I was and that everything would work out.

I personally suffer from a binge eating disorder, so I very actively work with an eating disorder program while I am on this journey. It is very worth looking into why you are eating what you are eating. Good luck!

I second what you are saying here!!! too suffer from binge eating disorder, as well as alcoholism. I'm scheduled to be sleeved in February. I went through intensive outpatient therapy later last year as I got closer to being cleared for surgery for exactly this reason. Dysfunctional eating will not be cured by getting this surgery. You need help. You've been given a physical tool, but you haven't been given the mental tools and resources to learn how to cope with the urges and the emotional eating that you have used in your life. I just want you to know you are not alone. This is not your fault. You sound like you're beating yourself up. This is a genuine disorder. You need help. What's great is once you get the emotional support you need, you have a fantastic tool in hand, or in abdomen ????, to help carry you through to your physical goals. I wish you all the luck. I don't know where you're located but if you look for eating disorder programs there are a few around the country. Best of luck. You aren't alone. And this isn't your fault.

So I started the 5 day reset today. Having Atkins shakes which I think are okay content wise. Thank you everyone for all of your input.

Good luck Amy. This is a reset, day 1.

I don't think you have failed as long as you don't give up. You need to find a good NUT to work with who will encourage you and keep you accountable and you might need to see some kind of therapist to work through issues. We all come from a lot of baggage...maybe from our weight alone, maybe from childhood abuse, maybe from being in an abusive relationship and these things, if they aren't properly taken out and worked with will eat away at any success you make. I know you've gotten a lot of great advice up above about doing a pouch reset and just cleaning up your diet, but you also have to be committed to this for life. You can't get lax otherwise,, you will end up right back where you were. Obesity is a disease and while wls does put it into remission, it's up to us to keep it in remission.

Thank you, Sajijoma.

Day two of reset. Yesterday sucked but I was 99% successful. At bed time I was starving and couldn't sleep so I had a few bites of shredded cheese and that did the trick.

I think I get confused about when to drink Water. So I have some Protein shake and wait 30 minutes before I drink anything? but then don't drink 30 mins before "eating" again?

Thank you, Sajijoma.

Day two of reset. Yesterday sucked but I was 99% successful. At bed time I was starving and couldn't sleep so I had a few bites of shredded cheese and that did the trick.

I think I get confused about when to drink Water. So I have some Protein shake and wait 30 minutes before I drink anything? but then don't drink 30 mins before "eating" again?

Protein shakes are liquid. They flow out of your sleeve just as fast as any other liquid, so the 30 min rule doesn't apply. Just drink your Water whenever.

1 cup Almond milk, 1 scoop chocolate Protein powder, tablespoon of Protein rich Peanut Butter, half a frozen banana, and some ice cubes. Tastes like a Reese's Cup and 30+ grams of protein depending on type of powder and Peanut Butter.< /p>

1 cup almond milk, half a cup greek yogurt, mandarin orange, vanilla Protein Powder, table spoon sugar free whip cream and ice. Tastes like a creamsicle and again 30+ grams of protein possible.

These shakes have more calories than the recommended but will get you going and over the "yuck" feeling. Just eat light between and it will balance out. Of course someone will say talk to the nutritionist and that's fine just an option.

Copying these recipes!! I have yet to find a Protein shake I like so I'm willing to keep looking! Thanks ????