Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie here..finally approved and scheduled for surgery on the 25th!

Hi Everyone,

I decided to be proactive and called my insurance (BCBS Federal) and found out that I was approved on Friday, so I called my doctor's office right away this morning and got everything scheduled. I still have appointments to do the EGD, blood work, meet with the nutritionist to get my liquid diet, and meet with the nurse and do the precertification at the hospital...but I'm scheduled for the 25th!

For those who may be wondering, I had to do 3 months with a nutritionist without gaining weight, get a psych evaluation (I passed, LOL), and provide a 2 year weight history before the insurance would approve me.

I just told my boss, who will keep the real reason I'll be on leave in confidence. I'm hoping to just need to take 2 weeks off.

Oh I'm so nervous and excited I can hardly stand myself right now, LOL.

Is there anyone else scheduled for surgery near when I am?

Also BCBS FEP approved within a day of submission, then quickly scheduled Jan. 20th. EGD tomorrow (yikes). I hope this is the last hoop. They always come back with something else they've decided I need to get.

My EGD is scheduled for tomorrow, too! Is yours the regular one done at the hospital, or one using a scope going into your nose at the doctor's office? They gave me a choice, and I chose the one that is just a procedure in the doctor's office. I never heard of it being done that way, but it sounds easier. (No sedation, supposed to take 5 mins, etc.)

They doctor's office emailed me a printout of the rest of my appointments. I assume that as long as the scope doesn't find anything and my blood work comes back normal, everything else is a go for the surgery. I hope so at least!

Also BCBS FEP approved within a day of submission, then quickly scheduled Jan. 20th. EGD tomorrow (yikes). I hope this is the last hoop. They always come back with something else they've decided I need to get.

I understand the nervousness, I'm right there with you! Your surgery is scheduled a week from today, how exciting! Have you finished all of your pre-surgery procedures and appointments? I still have a few things left to do.

Also nervous and excited (mainly nervous lol) my surgery is scheduled for 01/19.

I understand the nervousness, I'm right there with you! Your surgery is scheduled a week from today, how exciting! Have you finished all of your pre-surgery procedures and appointments? I still have a few things left to do.

Also nervous and excited (mainly nervous lol) my surgery is scheduled for 01/19.

I have finished all my appointments. My last one with the surgeon was yesterday. I have yet to buy anything I need tho. I ordered my Protein online....by the time I get out of work I'm so tired. Will try to get everything done by this weekend. I hope everything works out for you.

My surgery date is February 23rd!! It's beginning to sink in that it's about to happen YIKES!!! Nervous and excited to say the least. I start the liquid diet on 2/9...wish me luck!

So today I had the TNE (EGD thru my nose), then went to get Xrays. blood work and EKG done. I wasn't expecting to have to do either of the last two. I started to panic when I found out when I had to have the EKG done because I had a heart attack when I was 37, and started to worry that I'd be delayed needing cardiology clearance, too. But, everything looked great on my EKG so I don't need it. WHEW!! So I'm still on track for the 25th, so long as my blood work comes back ok.

SO next step is meeting with the NUT and staring the liquid diet on Monday. Fingers crossed!!

Correction...I didn't know I needed the Xrays and EKG. I knew about the blood work. I guess my surgeon's office isn't the best at communicating what all needed to be done, since I didn't know I had to meet with the doctor today for pre-op clearance. I just thought I was getting blood work done.

They also did a blood serum pregnancy test, which I found mildly humorous..Ive have a hysterectomy. What a waste of insurance dollars!

Oh wow, you're on the liquid diet for awhile! I just have to do it for a week before surgery. I'm not looking forward to it at all, I'm ashamed to admit

I know what you're saying about everything starting to sink in. I'll be having surgery in less than 2 weeks, yikes!

Good luck to you, too!

My surgery date is February 23rd!! It's beginning to sink in that it's about to happen YIKES!!! Nervous and excited to say the least. I start the liquid diet on 2/9...wish me luck!

i will get my sleeve on the 27th! i will go for my NUT class and final doc appt this wednesday the 20th and that is also when i will start my one week pre op liquid diet. we are getting SO close!!!!

what are you all most nervous about? I am getting myself freaked out about the drain removal (luckily mine is removed the next morning after the surgery) and also i will be on blood thinner shots for a month. I'm sure i will get used to them after a day or so since they are such tiny needles supposedly but it still gives me the willies.

I'm scheduled for next Monday, too. Can't wait! First week of pre-op diet (2 Protein Shakes, unlimited veggies) is done, and it went easier than I expected. The only tough spot I had was last night. Went to the Elks lodge to watch football, and it was really hard to not snack on the food they had! Pleasantly surprised at not being tempted to have a drink, though. Kept my water bottle with me and was fine there.

I went to see the NUT today, and started on the Pre-op diet. Ends up I also have Meal Replacement bars. I had to pay $98 out of pocket for a week's worth of "food" for this diet. I guess I expected more for the money. They also allow me to have SF popsicles and Jello too.

Just one week to go!

i will get my sleeve on the 27th! i will go for my NUT class and final doc appt this wednesday the 20th and that is also when i will start my one week pre op liquid diet. we are getting SO close!!!!

what are you all most nervous about? I am getting myself freaked out about the drain removal (luckily mine is removed the next morning after the surgery) and also i will be on blood thinner shots for a month. I'm sure i will get used to them after a day or so since they are such tiny needles supposedly but it still gives me the willies.

Does everyone get a drain? And blood thinners? I've not heard about that. I hope not lol.My last appointment before surgery is Thursday, I guess they will give me that info then.