Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I embraced it but now I need to break!

Well I stalled and I did embrace it and tried to relax and learn from it. But I've been stalled for 3 weeks. Today I am 7 weeks post op and have been stuck since week 4. Do I try to break it or just keep going and let my body work it out? I just get worried about the honeymoon stage and really want to meet my goal. I get in my Protein no problem and get in my fluids almost every day. I follow the rules my NUT and Dr's gave me. Starting the gym this week. Just don't know what else to do. I know stalls are normal but I'm beginning to think I'm failing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Well I stalled and I did embrace it and tried to relax and learn from it. But I've been stalled for 3 weeks. Today I am 7 weeks post op and have been stuck since week 4. Do I try to break it or just keep going and let my body work it out? I just get worried about the honeymoon stage and really want to meet my goal. I get in my Protein no problem and get in my fluids almost every day. I follow the rules my NUT and Dr's gave me. Starting the gym this week. Just don't know what else to do. I know stalls are normal but I'm beginning to think I'm failing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I understand how frustrating a stall is. How much Protein are you getting in each day? My surgeon and NUT both said that if you stall, up your protein intake to get it kick started again. I had this happen and last week REALLY focused on upping my protein- and bam- I went down 10lbs that week :)

Not saying it's the answer, but worth a try :)

Hi Meganliz - I am 12 weeks post-op and certainly not an expert yet, but I also stalled at ~4 weeks post-op for 3 weeks. Didn't lose a pound during that time and it was very frustrating. I was following all the rules so, I just did what everyone on this site said...Hang in there and the scale will move again. Just your body doing some readjusting. I trusted all the VSG veterans.

I did find it hard to grasp that I wasn't losing weight with the number of calories that I was consuming, but I have made it through 12 weeks and I am happy with my progress. I am sure the scale will move soon for you. You are not failing!! Good Luck!

Did you take measurements? Are your clothes feeling looser?Many times when you're not seeing movement on the scale, you'll see your size go down due to losing fat and gaining muscle. A pound of muscle is much leaner and slimmer than a pound of bulky fat.

Even if it is a true stall where nothing is happening, your body is in full on freak out mode from the surgery and now the total change of nutrients/calories it's getting. It may be trying to gauge if this is the new weight setpoint, or if this caloric intake is to continue, and figuring out what to do with your metabolism, hormones and other intricate processes. You should forgive your body for this - it will figure things out shortly and get moving on the weight loss again. There is no way it won't happen eventually, so just keep hitting your nutritional/water goals and moving as much as you can and you'll get through the stall.

And just so you know... I've had stalls that lasted over a month. It's okay; my body is doing what it needs to do. Just have to have patience. ;)

The gym will prob get things going! If u just started will prob take a week to see results. If ur food intake, Water, and exercise is on point...then don't sweat it. Relax and go with it. Ull see results soon enough!

At least that's what I tell myself. Lol. Good luck.

I am 5months out and I remember stalling for a couple weeks around 3 weeks out. I think alot of people do at that point. Even now I will stall for a week or two. Sometimes if you up your calories a little I have noticed it will break it. Sometimes our bodies need that little extra calories to help you to loose. Its like it resets something and I start to loose again.