Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Complications

Hi guys,

I was just curious if anyone has had any complications from any of their pre-op tests? I had my sleep study, endoscopy, saw my pulmonary dr. some lab work done but now I have to have a stress test done and an echo done, because of my weight, I get out of breath easy and I'm worried about not doing good on the stress test, I guess my mind is playing tricks on me, did anyone have any issues with their stress test or echo, I just don't want anything to get in the way of my surgery after coming this far. Thanks everyone.

Went through all the test that went through. Also could not walk far without running out of breath. Cardio test was fine. For stress test, I had to breathe into apparatus about 100 times (or so it seemed) doing it differently each time. Then hopped on bike and rode to nowhere while breathing into apparatus and finished with more breathing into apparatus while off bike. I would suggest trying to walk a little further/more any chance you get. I promise it will help.

Hi, I had my ekg and echocardiogram two weeks ago. I have left ventricle Hypertrophy which is a thickening of the left ventricle. They said it was common with obesity and my case was mild. I can still have surgery.

Edited by kathychef

They told me my heart was enlarged after I had my echo - never knew that but am always out of breath so not really surprised. They cleared me for surgery then at last appt w/surgeon he wanted another EKG so went to my internal medicine doc and they did one - said possible septal infarction, not good. now wondering if am having my surgery next week. So I understand why you are concerned.

BabyNewYear, I am positive and confident that you will have your surgery and I have faith that both of us will be victorious in this process. I am going to try and not think of the negative but focus on the positive, God did not bring us this far to leave us. Good luck and God Bless you, let me know how everything goes.

BabyNewYear, I am positive and confident that you will have your surgery and I have faith that both of us will be victorious in this process. I am going to try and not think of the negative but focus on the positive, God did not bring us this far to leave us. Good luck and God Bless you, let me know how everything goes.

During my stress test while on treadmill I was told they couldn't get a good reading because during exercise My heart has an extra beat. Therefore they had to do the stress test with the dye. Well they put that dye in my IV to speed up my heart I thought I was dying then they put some other med in to slow it down. But I was still cleared for surgery which is scheduled for Jan. 19th.

Wow, sleever314, I'm sorry you had to go through that! I'm not sure why a stress test was ordered for me because I had the endoscopy done with no problems and my had my colonospy done earlier and I was un anesthesia both times with no complications, but the cardiologist ordered it so I don't have a choice. Good luck with your surgery, I will be praying and thinking of you, I can't wait to get my date.