Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any 12/21/15 sleevers: How are you doing?

I had my sleeve gastrectomy 12/21. I had pain initially when I got home after discharge and meds from hospital wore off. Then found out that my pharmacy who told the discharge nurse they had my pain meds didn't have them nor did any other local pharmacies. Didn't get pain meds until next morning at the hospital pharmacy. Luckily I have not had such intense pain as I had had the day of discharge from the hospital.

My biggest issues are swelling and bloating in my midsection and pain like strong muscle spasms when I take in liquids at times. I could hardly drink 32oz of Water yesterday due to bloating. I think I must be having a lot of swelling. I didn't push it and just took in what I could. My taste is different. ..jello takes stronger in flavor and smells are getting to me. I definitely learned not to swallow a piece of sugar-free popsicle ...oh my did that hurt and bring on the worst muscle spasm!

Anyways, just curious what other people about 5 days post-op like me are doing. Christmas was hard with all the food around and feeling like liquids were my options. But I made it through.

Best wishes :-) on this new and challenging period of recovery and change!

My surgery date was 12/23 and I had a lot of the same symptoms you had. I was taking pain meds on an empty stomach the first day, which I think caused a lot of stomach pains. I still get some gas/pressure/pain in my stomach on occasion. I think it's my stomach adjust acid output or something. May I need some Prilosec or something?

Christmas was hard, but I was prepared. 2 days out from surgery I wasn't really interested in eating. Protein shakes were hard enough to get down. I am around 60g Protein and 40 ounces of liquid. Need to get the liquids up some.

I had my sleeve on the 21st as well. I have gas and am afraid to drink too fast. I only get about 50 oz of Water in a day but it is very hard. I also have this horrible taste in my mouth, yuck. I can finally have Protein but don't know how slow I have to drink it.

I am having to drink 2oz of Protein Shake very slowly ... using Gas-Ex thin strips helps some ... don't find I have taste for broth or other allowed liquids ...doing good to drink the Protein Shakes

I was sleeved on the 21st as well. I was sent home with pain medication but I haven't taken any because I haven't felt any severe pain to truly take it. This has been an honest learning process. I tried placing the Protein in the Soups and it was awful. I think I wasn't mixing it right, then I tried to add it to plain yogurt and it was awful as well. I finally bought the Isopure Zero Carb ready to drink Protein and it has been the best thing to get my protein in. The Water fluids have been a bit hard to get down. I agree with you on the popsicles.. I bit a piece and it didn't fully go down as liquid and it caused awful pain so now i'm careful. I had posted earlier that I've been able to drink more than I thought without any discomfort (except water), but at times the pain does kick in when it's saying I'm drinking too fast.

Surgery 12/22. First day home was rough-VERY sore. But then each day has improved, have yet to meet the Water or Protein recommendations. I just get way to full and the GAS pains have just started-WHEW!! Whole other story. But I used my gas-x strips and dam near walked the carpet off my floors. Feel much better now. Smells are the same for me. Very potent all of a sudden. Gonna start on the treadmill tomorrow very slowly to get this gas moving along. Good luck everyone!! The best part 6.5 lbs lost since surgery.

I was sleeved on the 21st as well. I was sent home with pain medication but I haven't taken any because I haven't felt any severe pain to truly take it. This has been an honest learning process. I tried placing the Protein in the Soups and it was awful. I think I wasn't mixing it right, then I tried to add it to plain yogurt and it was awful as well. I finally bought the Isopure Zero Carb ready to drink Protein and it has been the best thing to get my protein in. The Water fluids have been a bit hard to get down. I agree with you on the popsicles.. I bit a piece and it didn't fully go down as liquid and it caused awful pain so now i'm careful. I had posted earlier that I've been able to drink more than I thought without any discomfort (except water), but at times the pain does kick in when it's saying I'm drinking too fast.

What soups are you eating the isopure with?

What is everybody's week one Protein and Water goal.

Mine is 100G and 48oz of liquid/water. I was sleeved on the 23rd and have yet to hit the Protein goal. I am drinking nectar shakes, so I need 4 of them which is hard. I am switching to a new one which will only require three.

I cannot tolerate the taste of the Isopure which is a shame ...I've tried about 4 different flavors now ... I am going to try to find some unflavored Protein Powder and use that somehow ... I think just being a few days out from surgery I didn't realize how much you don't get prepared for ahEads of time ...it truly is a learning process

My goal is supposed to be 60-80g Protein and 64oz Water ...I have very limited options for liquids on my surgeon's Week 1 & 2 plan

I think just being a few days out from surgery I didn't realize how much you don't get prepared for ahEads of time ...it truly is a learning process

My dietician told us not to stock up on stuff, so I didn't have much. I did purchase a kit with Vitamins and such, but the shakes are getting old. Thinking about some good chicken broth with plain Protein powder.< /p>

100 of Protein is a lot. My goal for week one was only 40, although I was able to get at least 60 in with two premier shakes. My ultimate goal is 70-90, I think

What Soups are you eating the Isopure with?

I tried chicken and vegetable broth with powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury unflavored Protein Powder (not Isopure). It The Isopure that I have is the drink protein and not the powder. It's 40 grams of protein in one bottle.

I actually just returned from the supermarket and bought the Oikos Triple Zero yogurt (zero sugar, zero fat, zero artificial sweeteners); it's pretty good.

100 of Protein is a lot. My goal for week one was only 40, although I was able to get at least 60 in with two premier shakes. My ultimate goal is 70-90, I think

Edited by mabarbee

My goal unis to drink 2 Premier shakes a day at least but I haven't quite gotten there yet because the more I drink the more pressure I get from bloating. The shakes taste great.