Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

desperate for a mentor

Hi I am almost 6 weeks out from gastric bypass. I haven't loss any weight in over a week. Is this normal?

I am having trouble eating and getting my Protein. The thought of eating is horrible and makes my stomach want to turn. I was not having this problem until recently. I can eat something today and tomorrow it will gross me out. The thought of eating meat is gross right now and turns my stomach. The only things that sound good are tomatoes, onions, and cucumbers. I don't know why. The only real protein I am getting in is with my coffee. I am using Motopia milk and getting the 12 grams of protein with my coffee. Other than that I am only getting one or two bites out of a meal. Protein shakes are too sweet. Please someone help me to know what to do. I feel desperate right now.

My revision fro lap and to bypass is scheduled for Deceber 28.I am going to try Injury.I also hate sugary Protein Drinks.< /p>

If eating is too hard on your stomach right now, try to keep up with Protein shakes. Maybe even try fairlife milk (has more Protein and is ultrafiltered, i found it to be easier on my stomach). It is unfortunately normal to have stalls, sometimes long ones, especially in the first few months after surgery. Have you spoken to your doctor about your nausea? Are you getting in at least 64 ounces of Water in some form? Being dehydrated can cause more nausea, which can cause more dehydration... it's a bad cycle. If you haven't been getting in your protein and Water, I think you should check with your nutritionist or doctor because right now your body is going through huge changes and it's still healing from a huge invasive surgery. Not getting in the food and water it needs can be harmful. Keep us posted.

You must get your Protein and fluids in. Without it you won't heal, your hair will fall out and you will get sick.

For many of us powdered Proteins simply don't work or the sugar subs used taste too sweet. You have to keep trying until you find one you like.

I found one 2 weeks post op that I love. It is Premier Protein ready made shakes, chocolate specifically. It is definitely not to sweet and doesn't have that nasty taste or grit. It packs 30 grams of Protein in 1 11oz. shake with only 1 gram of sugar and 160 calories.

You can get them in bulk at Sam's or costco and in smaller packs at Walmart and some Walgreens stores.

If these don't work for you, you need to find a protein solution that will.

If you don't, you will pay for it in the end and you certainly don't want complications after going through all this.

I promise that feeling you are getting with food can come from being dehydrated and malnourished. It will get better if you get focused.

Your doctor can give you something for nausea as well.