Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newby From H-town Houston that is!

:whoo:Hi, I joined and finaly had the time to sit down and write a personal introduction. I'm super excited to become Banded by Dr. Spivak tomorrow morning. I've been diganoses with PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) which makes it impossible to lose weight in my condition. The medication they put me on for PCOS is a steroid which ultimately puts weight on. The insurance won't cover my condition because they believe its cosmetic only but in the end its for a health condition. "Quakers" Insurance Company. Well I've got my presurgery stuff done called the hospital and gave them my medical history and have to report at 7:30 bright and early to start my own life. I'm so excited, and ready to get on with my own life.

Thanks for reading my intro. If you got anything to share with me I would be honored to have any advice from my fellow bandsters.

~~Cypanther~~

It's 9:51 and I've eaten and taken all my medication and about to head off to sleep where I will be banded tomorrow. I've shopped for my food for the weekend and the people at the store were like "lots of water" I got the stuff you add to bottled Water to make it flavored so I will havve some taste to the Water.

Ready to be Banded!

Looking forward to put up my before and after pictures for yall to see when I get to a comfortable weight.

Night bandsters

:rain:

Im from Houston myself...your intro reminded me a lot of the situation Im am in health wise at such a young age. Im getting ready to go to the seminar this Saturday!!! Its really exciting...best of luck to you!!!! Keep in touch.

Another Houstonian here. I just scheduled my lap band with Dr. Spivak, set for August 8th. I hope everything went well with your procedure. Can't wait to hear how you are doing.

Pam

Hey yall,

I am offically banded, the surgery went well I was kind of nervous in the preholding area so they gave me some medicine for my nervous and Dr. Spivak came in to talk to me and it went well. On a scale of 1 to 10 for pain, 10 being the worst pain ever I would say the pain was a 5. The advice I would say is get up and walk in the hospital right away because it makes the pain feel less. I tried taking my seven medications with liquids but I keep gaging or upchucking so I called the local walgreens and they got two of my medications on liquids. One of the pills is the one I have to take three times daily and it can be liquid. Yah.:whoo: I have had alot of gas pains , on saturday the gas went into my shoulder and sent me crying while walking the pain out. I've lost ten pounds total since my endrocrine doctors visit to get the preop labs sent to Dr.Spivaks which was the second wednesday prior to my surgery. Since the surgery I've lost 5. I'm not in alot of pain though but I looked pale comming home from summer school today. I guess I kind of have to take it alittle slow. Glad I got the surgery done no regrets so far! My stomach is bruised but I'm chugging onward to my weight loss goal.

Untill Next time.

Hey, sorry for not updating you right away, but I'm doing fine now. I finally learned how to adjust at college with my band and how to lose weight. I reached a plateau reacently and today I finally peaked and now am loosing again... Now I'm out of the 200's and loving it now I weighed today and now i'm at 199. Under the 200's for the first time in 7 years. Wow. What a feeling. Well I thought I would post something back and get this started again because I miss yall, and I need the support again.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches