Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any December Sleever's?

Great news Te-Te! My surgery is Monday morning, and I'm starting to get nervous. Any last minute recommendations on what I should take to the hospital? Anything you wished you would have brought?

Excellent....@@Robincantri everything will be just fine, just relax....I just mainly took a small bag of my personal items (toothbrush, toothpaste, deoderant, body wash, pajamas & house shoes). After recovery just make sure that you walk, walk & walk 2 help get rid of gas, cause you'll have lots of gas just sitting in your chest. Wishing you the Best & have a Speedy recovery!

Surgery 12/17! I am excited, nervous and scared to death all at the same time!!! lol :) :D :( :o

I am scheduled on the 17th as well...and I am right there with you. Extremely nervous and scared and I keep second guessing my decision. I think this is the scariest step I have ever taken... I wish you luck !

Hey Mamabear, I too, sometimes second guess what I am about to do (12/17 for me, too!). I think about all the foods I can't have anymore....or for at least a very long time. For example, I have been wishing that I got some chicken pad thai one more time before I went on my pre op diet. Stupid, but I know it will bug me for a long time. Not going to cheat though. Then, I re route my thoughts to what I will feel like once all this excess weight is gone. I think about the things I will be able to do that I haven't done in years and years. That solidifies my decision! (I write this as I am downing, yet, another Protein drink...).

Hugs to all of you! Have a blessed Sunday! :)

My surgery is Tues. 12/15 in Dallas! Traveling there now from AR. My husband is crunching on Funyons & it's on my nerves! Lol. What Protein ( pre-made) shakes are your favorite? I'm drinking a strawberry GNC TOTAL LEAN & it's pretty good! 25 grams protein

Hi Everyone, there are about twenty of us who were sleeved on December 8th and we are all doing fine. Only one in our group had to stay a little longer due to not clotting and needing a transfusion. I am a little surprised at how "bad" I feel but I'm 63 so I guess I'm healing a bit slower. I also have had three surgeries in two months (lap and erosion) so my body is worn out. BUT I am doing fine and progressing everyday. Tolerating my puréed and creamy foods just fine. So, I said all that to say you're all going to be fine and just sink into the process. It's not a walk in the park, but each day brings a step towards "better."

I make my own with pure whey isolate (no added flavorings, sweeteners, etc.). I usually add 1/2 cup frozen strawberries, 1/4 cup or juice (apple or orange for sweetness) and 1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk. Sometimes a little Water if too thick. Best not to blend very long or the whey just froths into craziness.

Hey Mamabear, I too, sometimes second guess what I am about to do (12/17 for me, too!). I think about all the foods I can't have anymore....or for at least a very long time. For example, I have been wishing that I got some chicken pad thai one more time before I went on my pre op diet. Stupid, but I know it will bug me for a long time. Not going to cheat though. Then, I re route my thoughts to what I will feel like once all this excess weight is gone. I think about the things I will be able to do that I haven't done in years and years. That solidifies my decision! (I write this as I am downing, yet, another Protein drink...).

Hugs to all of you! Have a blessed Sunday! :)

I know exactly what you mean...Chicken pad thai sounds really good right now, my friends had offered to take me out for a good meal before I started the protein, but I declined as I was just so determined to stay on track, but of course, in the down times when I am second guessing myself or when I am drinking another Protein Drink, I think I should have taken them up on it....but then I think of what I have accomplished so far..I have to keep going... Wishing you a successful surgery and fast recovery ;-) Hugs !

My surgery is Tues. 12/15 in Dallas! Traveling there now from AR. My husband is crunching on Funyons & it's on my nerves! Lol. What Protein ( pre-made) shakes are your favorite? I'm drinking a strawberry GNC TOTAL LEAN & it's pretty good! 25 grams protein

So far everything I have tried is just bleh ! I am going to try your drink today...thanks for listing it ! and good luck with your surgery ;-)

No pre op diet for me either. just liquids the day before surgery. Dec 29th.. can't wait...

I am North Carolinian too!! I am stuck in.Idaho until my adventure - but I will be asap!!!

My date for a sleeve is Dec 30th. Read some scary info. Sounds like I should throw out my scale!!

Hi, I have a Dec 30th date as well...trying to find someone on my date. Have you found others?

Dec 16... Just two more days!

@@Jdr24 how are you feeling after your first week? Much pain? Are you up and moving around pretty easily? I'm scheduled this Thursday so I'm just wondering what to expect the first week.