Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else have a surgery date of November 13?

Congrats to you both!!! Way to go :) we are all pretty close in weight so it will be nice to watch as we all go through together .

Absolutely Feisty! So day eight post op and a couple of incision stitches had to go...My 3 smaller incisions stitches removed this morning. My skin was starting to heal over them, and that's a no no. The two others I will give a few move days.

In other news. I am able to swallow my antibiotic rather than dumping the contents in Jello NSV....only 2 days left of those and I will add the multiV. Then probably Calcium. My doc says add the Iron if needed after healed.

I was supposed to start taking all my meds fraud ago and have been terrified of trying to swallow them ( I have always had problems where pills want to get stuck). Yesterday I found an amazing product.... Just not sure if it has everything in it that I need it to have as far as a Multivitamin. Its a fast disolving on the tongue multivitamin,from wallmart. So hopefully it goes down without a problem

Fiesty, I am glad you were able to find something that will dissolve. The Calcium I bought was the wrong kind, a large tablet instead of the chewable. It is on the return list. I did not take meds well before surgery either, and I need to find one I will be consistent with. So far everything else goes down and stays pretty well.

NSV...all stitches removed, and on to butterfly bandages. Well only two anyway. The remaining to incisions seem to be closed pretty well, I just want to be sure I don't sneeze anything loose.

So ladies, Thanksgiving marks a special day for us, well pending doctor approval. It is Day 1 of puree/soft or more affectionately called "phase II". As I preparing my list for what I will be making for my family, I decided I should probably decide what I will be slurping that day. So far I have come up with turkey salad aka I will pureed some turkey with egg, broth, and light mayo.

Turns out the multivitamin isn't as great as I had thought :( dosage is three pills and they are so slow to resolve . In the same brand I have the B12 and they resolve fast and arnt bad at all. I go today for my first appointment with the surgen and hope to be released to eat or something good lol I'm so lost hehe

Have you tried the liquid multi for bariatic patients. I bought on Amazon by Wellese. It taste fine and stays down. They have liquid Calcium also. I had surgery the 18 th started veg and Protein Nov 1 then switch to pre-op liquid today is the 23rd just step on my scale since Nov 1 I am down 26 pounds from 239 to 213. I am in schock. See doc today. Concern this is moving too quick to be heathy.

Wow! Congrats on the huge weightloss :) I think that is about normal but you may want to run it by the dr. If your worried. I'm new to all this. Thanks for the advice about the liquid,I will definitely check that out later today.

Ok so I know your not supposed to weigh everyday but I do! I am just that person! And for the last two days I'm at a stand still....... Which is really well hard all I eat is Protein Shakes a little cottage cheese or Soup and that's all and when I eat those it's literally 1/4 to 1/2 cup what's wrong!!!!!!! It just scares me that this isn't going to work either you know like all the other diets! I am getting in as close to 70g of Protein a day as I can if not more! Anyone else having this problem????!!?

Don't sress,I have been weighing daiily as well and have had a few days where the scale didn't move and then the next day I will be down 5 lbs. I still havent been released to Protein Shakes spots still just sugar free jelloand popsickles for me. I haven't started any excercise other than small amounts of walking but I know while doing research it said if you hit a standstill to add something to your excersise rutine. Maybe a few 20 sec. Planks or an extra lap around at the park :) this isn't going to fail you,this is it!!

Ritchey, I know what you mean about feeling like it is not going to work, and it is easy to get caught up in judging your progress based on the progress of others. I have heard it time and time again, here as well as other forums. You will lose at your pace and no one else's. Weigh 1 x weekly at the most, measure yourself so you can have a good idea if the inches are moving even if the scale doesn't. Oh and please don't feel like I am fussing at you. This is me fussing at myself, because I too will walk toward that scale each day knowing I shouldn't. So I will be taking my measurements too and posting them here for all to see real soon. : >

It a progress and if some lose more today and others next week we all get there at our pace. I have watch several friends do this and not one was the same. I thought I lose a lot but the doc today said no she has seen people lose twice as much because the started at a higher weight.

Looks like your still right on track. I was down 18 lbs today and Dr. Was quite shocked. Said normal was right around #20 at the end of the first month. So with that being said there's still 20 days or so left in our month :) lots more days to drop more weight. Remember to stay hydrated .

Hey ladies!!! Just checking I with you. Doing well...shocked by how little I can eat currently. Getting ready to amp up my walking. Went out and got a Fitbit. The doc told me no elliptical for the first six weeks so kind of sad about that, but until then I will become a speed walking extraordinaire. I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday and is doing well on this new journey.

Doing pretty good on weightloss but have been having an absolutely horrible pain in my back. Ugh,every time I start feeling better something happens.I havemy 2 week follow up with the weightloss clinic and possibly the nutritionalist today so hopefully that goes smootly.weight this morning was 221 lbs so hopefully I stay on this track. I got a little worried when they told me my goal weigh after surgey was like 178 (I think) that sill seemed a little high to me. At the same height in high school I was 180 and was the fat kid. So totaly hoping for .lower in the end. :) glad to hear your doing better and feeling so motivated :)

Well I am not getting my Protein in it got to the point where every time I would put a shake to my mouth I would gag I tried new flavors and even the unflavored so I am at that point right now! Weight is 232 so I'm losing slow but I am trying to eat more to make up for protein but eat just a few bites at a time. Feel like I'm on too slow of a road??! But 16 lbs in 2 weeks is really good! Can't wait to see the 220s