ร—
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im only 3 months out but am already starting to save up to get so "alterations" now that I am 81 lbs down and only 50 lbs to go. I was hoping someone would tell me not just their experience and what to prepare for, but also share how much to save up. If you have a price list even better

Everything I'm reading is the quality of the surgeons vary WIDELY. Choose the surgeon well, not the price point. You are going to be in compression garments for a while. It hurts worse than the sleeve and you are highly restricted in movement for 3 weeks or longer. Best tip was rent and adjustable hospital bed to aid recovery during those three weeks.

I don't know your age, but the more muscle you can add the better. Lots of Water and Protein to minimize lose skin. Moisturize, stay out of hot Water, and tanning beds. Give your skin the best chance you can to get its act together. If it doesn't, well you are at least in a better position to deal with plastics.

I had plastics in Mexico in 2011. I stayed in a recovery house in Tijuana for two full weeks after. They had 24/7 nursing staff, prepared and provided all my meals, had adjustable hospital beds that made it much easier for me to get up and down, raised toilet seats with handles, and walkers to help with getting around since you won't be able to stand upright for a while. The even provided zip-up robes and slippers, so I barely had to bring any clothing with me! I highly recommend this route if you are having plastics in Mexico. I can't IMAGINE being sent bake to a hotel just a day or two post-op and left to fend for myself.

I had an extended Tummy Tuck, breast lift with augmentation, fat grafting to my butt, and all-over Lipo. I was completely helpless. I needed the nurses for getting in and out of bed, using the toilet, showering... It is a MUCH MUCH MUCH more major surgery than WLS. You need to understand that when going into it. You will be in pain like you can't imagine. If you have a tummy tuck, you have to understand that there is extensive damage and trauma to your muscles and nerves and all of your lymphatic channels are severed. Those things take months to heal. Nerves take YEARS to heal. I would say it was a good 2+ years before my phantom itching and numbness went away.

Now with all of that said, 4+ years out, I am completely THRILLED with my results and so happy I did it. It is rough, but certainly worth it in the end.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

ยท 2 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! ๐Ÿ˜ป you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      ยท 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water. ย Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      ยท 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      ยท 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿ˜ญ. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! ๐Ÿ˜ž
      ยท 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches

ร—