Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@@VSGAnn2014 I know I wasn't! I like to gracefully become a shi* face monster......

I don't recall being this pissy early on.

I just remember Lipstick Lady telling me I'd lose the most weight during the first six months so I should buckle down.

Wow. The NERVE of her!

I would have emailed Alex and asked for the thread to be deleted immediately.

No!!!!!! Not Alex!!! I haven't had to take anyone "outside" a thread but by golly I will before I bring him into it. He's like the dad. NOBODY wants to get dad involved!! The less he knows the better! Fight quietly! Geez! Besides he's from New York! He doesn't look mean but I've heard of the back streets of New York and he may know them all to well......j.s.

@@Babbs You're going to get me in trouble!

*Wrings hands together like Mr Burns*

Excellent.....

I told you I didn't know and didn't care. Is that not a real response?

I got news for you. You can still eat around the smallest stomach in the world and gain weight. So it doesn't make one bit of difference what size Bougie is used. You still will have to do the work with your 26 or whatever the f**k size Bougie you're going to have.

See? I can get pissy, too.

Classy.

I've been following the sleeve threads for a few months now and noticed that YOU seem to have a problem with most people on this forum and only respond in a condescending tone, while ignoring the question asked.

Again, my question was asking what size bougie you have. If you don't care about what I'm asking, why did you respond? I don't get it. You comment on so many threads that I read with irrelevant eye-rolling responses or you're either attacking someone in each thread. Just like you're doing now. :)

Omg I am so glad you pointed this out! I noticed it's always the same people with the same attitude that feel as if they need to comment their useless opinion on things that apparently don't even concern them.

I don't get it?! ASUgrad posted a legit question, like most of us she has her concerns about her journey. And all of you, with the a*****e mentality, of forcing your journey on others with this condescending tone should just keep your words to yourself if you can't provide any type of real support.

I have noticed a lot of people leaving the forums and being too scared to even express themselves, out of fear of being bullied or judged on the question they might have. Honestly you all should be ashamed! This is a public forum and judgement free zone. Everyone's journey is their own and how dare you sit here and pretend your better than everyone else, simply by utilizing what works for you.

I used to seek comfort in these threads and support until I saw it's always the same assholes posting a ridiculous amount of their own personal journey, totally bullying others to the point that most threads seem to be having the same few people. Yes we know you did it, you had VSG and now you're the fuckin expert. Now please sit down and allow others to please share their fears without fear of retaliation.

I thought this was a super interesting question and am following this thread and am thankful you asked this question!

Huh. What I've noticed is that most veterans leave because they are spoken down to by "newbies" who don't appreciate the voice of experience, "newbies" who get upset if they don't get coddled and catered to.

Most vets don't NEED to be here but choose to be in order to pay it forward. I've lost my weight. I've not only maintained my weight loss for over a year and a half, but I've learned what I need to do for a lifetime. I could stay in the vet's forum for support, or I could offer words to people who are pre-op and newly post-op just as vets before me did for me.

I have no problem with the question, just as I have no problem with the replies until people start getting attacked because they didn't answer exactly "right".

Name calling is NEVER ok and it's bizarre to me that the person calling "bully" is also throwing out words like "a*****e" and "fuckin expert". (Classy, right?)

Yes. This discussion is important and it is relevant, I agree. I don't think it would be nearly as informative and educational, though, if everyone simply answered with a number. ;)

I disagree with you saying that "vets" don't need to be here. I would wager that vets need to be here as much or more than anyone else. I am a "newbie" to sleeve surgery but coming up on 9 years a veteran to wls. It gets MUCH harder 4,5,6,7 years out. You sound quite green.

Everyone needs to be here! We're one big family! You don't always like your family members do you? This is just a Thanksgiving dinner gone wrong because uncle Earl said something wacky.....I'm going to let you guys figure out who "Earl" is. I'm just saying Thanksgiving has become one big sh*t show and everyone's invited!!!! Don't worry when everyone gets stuffed they will chill out and shut up.......see Thanksgiving! And I would like to add once again that I am not in fact drinking! That is against the rules!! Although this would be a lot more fun if I were.....oh I know you guys are reading! I can see you down there!!!!

Everyone needs to be here! We're one big family! You don't always like your family members do you? This is just a Thanksgiving dinner gone wrong because uncle Earl said something wacky.....I'm going to let you guys figure out who "Earl" is. I'm just saying Thanksgiving has become one big sh*t show and everyone's invited!!!! Don't worry when everyone gets stuffed they will chill out and shut up.......see Thanksgiving! And I would like to add once again that I am not in fact drinking! That is against the rules!! Although this would be a lot more fun if I were.....oh I know you guys are reading! I can see you down there!!!!

Be honest...

I'm Earl, aren't I?

;)

I told you I didn't know and didn't care. Is that not a real response?

I got news for you. You can still eat around the smallest stomach in the world and gain weight. So it doesn't make one bit of difference what size Bougie is used. You still will have to do the work with your 26 or whatever the f**k size Bougie you're going to have.

See? I can get pissy, too.

Classy.

I've been following the sleeve threads for a few months now and noticed that YOU seem to have a problem with most people on this forum and only respond in a condescending tone, while ignoring the question asked.

Again, my question was asking what size bougie you have. If you don't care about what I'm asking, why did you respond? I don't get it. You comment on so many threads that I read with irrelevant eye-rolling responses or you're either attacking someone in each thread. Just like you're doing now. :)

Omg I am so glad you pointed this out! I noticed it's always the same people with the same attitude that feel as if they need to comment their useless opinion on things that apparently don't even concern them.

I don't get it?! ASUgrad posted a legit question, like most of us she has her concerns about her journey. And all of you, with the a*****e mentality, of forcing your journey on others with this condescending tone should just keep your words to yourself if you can't provide any type of real support.

I have noticed a lot of people leaving the forums and being too scared to even express themselves, out of fear of being bullied or judged on the question they might have. Honestly you all should be ashamed! This is a public forum and judgement free zone. Everyone's journey is their own and how dare you sit here and pretend your better than everyone else, simply by utilizing what works for you.

I used to seek comfort in these threads and support until I saw it's always the same assholes posting a ridiculous amount of their own personal journey, totally bullying others to the point that most threads seem to be having the same few people. Yes we know you did it, you had VSG and now you're the fuckin expert. Now please sit down and allow others to please share their fears without fear of retaliation.

I thought this was a super interesting question and am following this thread and am thankful you asked this question!

Huh. What I've noticed is that most veterans leave because they are spoken down to by "newbies" who don't appreciate the voice of experience, "newbies" who get upset if they don't get coddled and catered to.

Most vets don't NEED to be here but choose to be in order to pay it forward. I've lost my weight. I've not only maintained my weight loss for over a year and a half, but I've learned what I need to do for a lifetime. I could stay in the vet's forum for support, or I could offer words to people who are pre-op and newly post-op just as vets before me did for me.

I have no problem with the question, just as I have no problem with the replies until people start getting attacked because they didn't answer exactly "right".

Name calling is NEVER ok and it's bizarre to me that the person calling "bully" is also throwing out words like "a*****e" and "fuckin expert". (Classy, right?)

Yes. This discussion is important and it is relevant, I agree. I don't think it would be nearly as informative and educational, though, if everyone simply answered with a number. ;)

I disagree with you saying that "vets" don't need to be here. I would wager that vets need to be here as much or more than anyone else. I am a "newbie" to sleeve surgery but coming up on 9 years a veteran to wls. It gets MUCH harder 4,5,6,7 years out. You sound quite green.

I don't NEED to be HERE. The Vet Forum, seeking support from vets, YES. The post-op/pre-op forums trying to give advice to newer folks, not so much. :)

I WANT to be here, though. That's the diff.

@@Babbs Ok, I'm going to need you to stop making this about you! Babbs Earl Simpson.....I mean Babbs! Truthfully I'd have to go all the way back through this sh*t-show to find out and I'm not so much willing to waste that kind of precious time! I've got more important things to do like watching my nail polish dry. Your aren't mean! You may have said F**k in a not sex related way but who's keeping track right?! We all passed the psych eval?! Well if some of you didn't that would explain a lot. I will gladly post my "not a crazy bi*h" results straight from the psychiatrist if need be. So with that being said I'm not it...............go!

I've got a small Bougie and a big ol mouth emphasis on the oooougie ! I'm going to make that into a song and be famous! Even if it's only in my own head,

ASUgrad, you wrote:

Thank you! Yes, there's a good handful of "veterans" on here that like to nitpick and point their fingers at "newbies" (as someone just called me).

I'm in several Facebook groups where people admit to being afraid of asking questions like I'm asking for fear of these jerks doing what they're doing to me. Shame on you.

I've also asked Alex to delete this thread multiple times because the assholes in this group have made such a mockery of it. Read back and look at the idiotic responses, quite embarrassing.

I love the irony of how you call some people "assholes" & "jerks"; their responses "idiotic" and "quite embarrassing" and in the same post write "people admit to being afraid of asking questions like I'm asking for fear of these jerks doing what they're doing to me. Shame on you."

I am one of those people who made posts that you may call a mockery, but it was never attended at you. I was having fun and hopefully gave some people a chuckle, which we can all use now and then.

My original reply that I posted yesterday, 10/17 at 8:01AM, was very lengthy and hopefully offered some information regarding bougies, their sizes, what affects the overall size (surgeon's techniques), etc. I even provided you a chart I created which converts the standard bougie French sizes to mm and inches.

As of this writing, you never even gave it a "Like This", which is ok, but that is still better than you calling everyone who deviated from your original post an "a*****e" -actually, I would rather think of us as "Bohemians".

If you want an answer to your question, I would just simply reply "42" (not the bougie size, but a reference to a Douglas Adams' book, "The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy".

Edited by 4MRB4PHOTO

I know I'm late to this conversation and for that I apologise...

I just want to have one thing confirmed before I go...

Size doesn't matter...

Is that right?

Because if so...

Wooooohooooooooo...

That is all...

I wasn't asking whether or not I should trust my surgeon. He does this day in and day out for many years at a center of excellence, and he is also the chief bariatric surgeon at the children's hospital.

I wasn't asking for the "I don't care" response or for the "stomach size doesn't matter." So please, negative Nancy's, comment on someone else's thread.

My question is simply what size bougie do you have and I've only gotten a couple of real responses.

Are u in AZ? always looking for locals! As far as size, my surgeon said he went standard to avoid complications now and later. good luck!