Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where does everyone get there vitamins? I'm trying to figure out what would be best.. I can get them through my Doctor for $122.00 every 3 months.

I buy opurity brand once a day Multivitamin 90 day supply for under $40. I buy citrical calcium citrate for less than $12 a month. So, I spend $76 for 3 months worth of Vitamins and supplements. There is a link for opurity on this site and I buy the Calcium form Amazon.

My nut also recommended the Centrum chewable 2X a day for 100 count its about $10 so 50 days worth.

I use Wellesse brand and buy through Amazon. I find that they're a little more expensive, but they're all liquid. Plus, all the Vitamins, medications, and even your gym member are tax deductible at the end of the year.

I had bought opurity ones but can't stand them. So after more research I found Natures way Alive women's 50 plus on the bariatric pal sight in an ad. Since I'm 48, their perfect

Centrium(multi) & Nature's Bounty(D3) from whoever has them on sale.

Biotin from Target

calcium citrate from CVS

I think it's important we decipher between the Vitamins and stages.

Pre-Op Vitamins were all from costco.

- Gummy Multi Vitamin

- D3

- B12 (dissolvable and pleasant taste)

- Iron

- Fish Oil

- CLA

I already purchased my liquid vitamins for post surgery as seen in my post above. My doctor said I need to be on liquid or easily dissolvable vitamins for 6 months post-op.

I never had any pre-op Vitamins. I don't think Ive ever heard of anyone starting vitamins pre-op. Post op I used the KIND as my multi that I crushed and ate hidden in almond butter. I also crushed my Calcium this way. At 6 weeks I was allowed to swallow pills. I finished out the KIND and went back to Centrium. I was on B12 for 6mths post op but no longer need it. Proabbaly didn't need it at all as my bloodwork levels on it always came in really high. Once they cut me down to once a month after I completed the bottle I stopped taking it. I had bloodwork 2 weeks ago and my levels are fine so I no longer take it. I never needed Iron pills.

Speak with your program about what they recommend. Mine doesn't allow gummy vitamins since they can often be incomplete.

Speak with your program about what they recommend. Mine doesn't allow Gummy Vitamins since they can often be incomplete.

My doctor said that pre-op they were fine, but post op I would have to wait 6 months or so to take those again. Hence the reason he recommends liquid vitamins post op. You make a good point!

I buy them wherever they are cheapest. Dollar general has great Vitamins. They run $2-$5 or costco. Get a ton for $10, $12 bucks. But costco does not carry all that I need or the dosages I need. Just some. the Multivitamin for sure.

Edited by Veronica_mm

I use a Multivitamin patch from patchmd.com it's $19 for a 30 day supply. No more need to take pills. post-244766-14440122186256_thumb.jpg post-244766-14440123642116_thumb.jpg

Mine recommends standard Multivitamin pre-op, also Biotin and Probiotics, usual Calcium. Post surgery must take a bariatric Vitamin for first year, along with 1500 mg calcium citrate plus D. Have bought chewable versions from Amazon for the first few months. Also bought a pill crusher for some other meds.

Edited by NMFGAZ

I use a multivitamin patch from patchmd.com it's $19 for a 30 day supply. No more need to take pills. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBariatricPal1444012210.267688.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByBariatricPal1444012359.224323.jpg

I like this idea, Does your Dr. say this is adequate?