Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long was ur process?

One year from my first appointment. I had my surgery performed at our company hospital (husband works for an overseas company). I didn't have any insurance hoops to jump through, just had to wait my turn to get a surgery date.

Mine was a three month wait , visit each month , and do a couple of others things , was there Wednesday September 23 and got my call Friday the 25th surgery set for October 22 . Nervous !!!

My first appointment was in June 2015 and surgery will hopefully be in January. Dr requires a 7 month program.

First class was April 1st. Surgery day is next week September 30th. It goes by fast tho! Believe it or not!

First class was April 1st. Surgery day is next week September 30th. It goes by fast tho! Believe it or not!

Hope so! I'm so impatient but I guess I will have to learn to play the waiting game.. Hoping I get my surgery date this year thow!!

@@nomorequitting - I have BCBS federal and there's a required 3 classes that are done one a month. my consult was 11/11/14. I did chest xray and EKG on that same day. had first class in December. got passed off with psyche doctor and another lady who told me that lap band was not a good choice. I had originally wanted for do the sleeve but changed to band because my daughter didn't want me to do something permanent. so.I cancelled out the last two classes and went thru holidays miserable and putting on weight. I researched the sleeve and started back up in January. I unfortunately had to wait for the 3rd class to cycle back around and that was March, also ended up having to do stress test in March too. surgery was 5/6...

I had all my appointments on June 1st, and my final nutrition appointment is Dec. 4. Everything else is done, so I just have to wait for them to submit to my insurance after that, and hope there is no reason for me to be denied.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 2 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches