Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm Home!!

Thanks, Everyone!!!! Ya'll are all so sweet (even Greg!)!

I have a new development. Last night and again this evening I have had some major gas. I thought all the gas pains I was reading about was just the gas they blow you up with for surgery, not this bloated, farting gas. I have chewed a whole box of gas-x and am still gassy. I think my stomach must be really swollen, because I just can't put much in there, not even much Water. Could this be the reason for all the gas?

Welcome home,

Hey really if he doesn't clean them dishes I'll do them for you.

The gas is probaly from you being empty. The diet your on before surgery and then no eating the night before you get pretty cleaned out.

AS I have said all along I am gassier now then I ever have been but hell I'm a guy. Keeps my work space clear when I want peace and quiet LOL

I was extremely gassy after surgery -- for quite a long time. It got better. The burping gas is from the digestive system. The left pain shoulder is the abdominal inflation gas from surgery. They are different. Gas-X helped me some, but really it just took time. Walking and a heating pad help, too.

Blossom, try Mylicon Baby Gas Relief Drops. There's a generic available ($3.50?). Those worked great for me. And walk around as much as you absolutely can. It really will get better!

Welcome to the rest of your healthy life!!! After all the initial stuff, I agree that the surgery was a piece o' cake. And you're right to take it slow.....everyone's different!

Lots of wonderful support here if you have questions....I definitely had lots of them!!! Don;t be afraid to ask....we've ALL been through it!

Take care and drink lots of water!!!

Put your feet up, if you can, and take it easy!

Hugggggggs,

Nancy*

:D

PS:

Geez am I late on this....!!! You must be on soft foods or even mushier foods by now!!!

Hope all is going well.....walking helped alot with the gas....It eventually DID go away...

N*

congrats Blossum,

And welcome to bandland I'm new to bandland too. Still uncomfortable but things are getting somewhat better. I too have had major issues with gas. Still do infact but getting better. Keep us posted on progress.

Fran

Hi Guys!!!! I am now a month out, doing great and eating like a horse. I am definitely on solids. Some of you may already know about this, but when I saw my surgeon last week he told me I have a 10cc band and that is why I can eat so much. Because of that he thinks I can have a fill a little earlier that usual, so next Wednesday, I will see him again and if he thinks the time is right, I will get my first fill. I can hardly wait since I can eat just about like preband. At this point, if I didn't have the scars to remind me, I wouldn't even know I was banded, LOL!

Fran, it all gets better every day. REALLY!!!