Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I'm 4 weeks post op and I'm not taking my Protein Shakes anymore. I'm so grossed out by them now. I eat like 2 eggs a days, hummus. However everything I eat just leaves a really bad taste in my mouth. Like I've lost my taste buds. So I'm not loosing weight. I've lost 15lbs ever since I got out the hospital and been stuck on that for the past 2 weeks. I don't know what to do. I'm starting to regret doing this, since I went through all that pain and not even losing any freaking weight :( I hardly eat anything. WTF

I am 4 weeks post up too. I hardly eat anything and am at a stand still. However, I do stick to my Protein shakes (I don't want my hair falling out). I am totally regretting this surgery. If I would have known then what I do now, I could have did this on my own. Everyone keeps saying in then end that you will love your new life. I'm waiting for that day.

I am 4 weeks post up too. I hardly eat anything and am at a stand still. However, I do stick to my Protein Shakes (I don't want my hair falling out). I am totally regretting this surgery. If I would have known then what I do now, I could have did this on my own. Everyone keeps saying in then end that you will love your new life. I'm waiting for that day.

me too. I can't eat or drink anything without my stomach aching. It's so annoying. I can't sideways at night cause I ache. Ugh this sucks!

@@gabbisha have you been walking or otherwise exercising? It is critical, and unless you are very ill I would find a way to get it in. Your body will quickly learn to adjust to lower calorie intake, but there's nothing it can do to save calories if you are forcing the expenditure.

Also, you will need to make sure you get the necessary Protein in order to see continued weight loss. It is necessary for healing and also for your muscles to continue torching the fat stores. If you aren't getting the Protein, the sleeve will be much slower to start accepting real food again. Starvation does not work, and your body will just hibernate. You are far enough out not to be taking the liquid Protein. It looks like you are about to hit soft foods, so a whole new variety becomes available to you. Find some fish or poultry that you like and chew it well and see if your sleeve tolerates it better. Be absolutely sure you are not drinking any non-protein calories at this point.

I agree, you have got to find a way to get your Protein in. It is absolutely critical for health, healing, and ultimately weight loss.

I know we all had this surgery to lose weight, but you have to focus on health right now but not getting adequate nutrition can have severe consequences, the least being hair loss. You are recovering from major surgery.

Have you talked to your NUT or surgeon? What is your Protein goal?

Even if you don't like food right now you have to find a way to eat.

Have you tried Greek yogurt or cottage cheese? Are you cleared for soft meats like tuna, tilapia, or canned chicken? What about chili? Refried Beans?

Protein shakes are not the only source of protein, but they do make it easier to get enough when you have such little room in your stomach.

Hey guys. Cheer up! Have you heard of the three week stall?? Don't know much about it but have been reading that from time to time you will stall and that's it's a normal part of weight loss. Hang in there and do some reading, you will see you are not alone in any and all of your experiences

I thank God for this forum, there is something here to address any question you could ever ask.

Hang in there man. I too am 4 weeks out and having some challenges, in that, I have stalled at 18lbs but I remain hopeful . My father like to say " keep hope alive , my daughter. Keep hope alive."

I say to you today my friends, Keep hope alive. It will be just fine !

I think it's pretty common to be full of regret in the early weeks. Especially when you hit that week 3 stall and you feel like you've gone through all of this for nothing! Hang in there. Stick to the plan. Trust in the process. It's a real struggle to get your food in as you move through those early food stages, but I promise you, you will work your way up to eating "normally" again. It will be a new normal, but you will find the foods that work for you. Everyone else is absolutely right about how important it is to get your Protein in. And your WATER! Don't forget that.

In these early weeks, you just need to eat and drink on a timer. Get your Protein and Water in. Walk, walk, walk. Things will take a turn for the better soon, I promise. Just hang in there!

I went through all the same feelings you are having now when I was only a few weeks out, but now I'm a year out and maintaining at goal. It seems SOOOOO worth it now! Just have to power through the tough times.