Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I can't wait to.....

Jeans- I can't wait to wear cute jeans! I can't wait to shop anywhere I want. I can't wait to cross my legs. I can't wait to fit in the rides at amusement parks. I can't wait to run a 5k. I can't wait to be thinner than my physically gorgeous husband. I can't wait to have energy. I can't wait to sit in a chair without worrying if I will break it. I can't wait to wear tall boots. I can't wait to breathe while tying my tennis shoes. I can't wait to wear a swim suit. I love who I am on the inside. I know I am attractive. I m so ready not to feel shame about my weight anymore!!!

I can't wait to sit in a stupid restaurant booth at the stupid restaurant I didn't even want to go to and couldn't order much off the stupid menu.

-bitter-

I can't wait to run around with my daughter, jump in puddles & go cycling. I also can't wait to walk into a clothes shop & not have to shop in a plus size store (there are hardly any in the UK!!)

I can't wait to run around with my daughter, jump in puddles & go cycling. I also can't wait to walk into a clothes shop & not have to shop in a plus size store (there are hardly any in the UK!!)

I am with you on all of these things! Activities with my daughter was one of my biggest motivators for getting sleeved :-)

I am already there with the Normal size shops...I'm 16/18 bottoms and 18/20 tops (uk sizes) now and it is weird being able to go into shops I couldn't before, and not just having to head straight for Evans!! I get the emails from Evans and I still look through their website and then realize I don't need to! I have a bit of anxiety about all the clothes options that are opening up, it's just not what I'm used to. I'm spending plenty (too much!) on clothes, but tending to stick to next and m&s as I feel a bit overwhelmed at the idea of all the other shops I could potentially start to shop in soon lol!

I am with you on all of these things! Activities with my daughter was one of my biggest motivators for getting sleeved :-)

I am already there with the Normal size shops...I'm 16/18 bottoms and 18/20 tops (uk sizes) now and it is weird being able to go into shops I couldn't before, and not just having to head straight for Evans!! I get the emails from Evans and I still look through their website and then realize I don't need to! I have a bit of anxiety about all the clothes options that are opening up, it's just not what I'm used to. I'm spending plenty (too much!) on clothes, but tending to stick to next and m&s as I feel a bit overwhelmed at the idea of all the other shops I could potentially start to shop in soon lol!

I think my daughter was 99% of my motivation for getting the sleeve, how old is yours? Mine is 4 on Christmas eve, she has so much bloody energy, I'm hoping I can eventually catch up, haha.

That's absolutely amazing that you've got to 'normal' size shops, I think I'll be like you, a bit daunted by the fact I'll actually have a choice! I have no idea about fashion, I've just stuck to black for all my life....the colour in me might have to escape when I've lost weight (I'll probably end up looking like timmy mallett!)

Jeans- I can't wait to wear cute jeans! I can't wait to shop anywhere I want. I can't wait to cross my legs. I can't wait to fit in the rides at amusement parks. I can't wait to run a 5k. I can't wait to be thinner than my physically gorgeous husband. I can't wait to have energy. I can't wait to sit in a chair without worrying if I will break it. I can't wait to wear tall boots. I can't wait to breathe while tying my tennis shoes. I can't wait to wear a swim suit. I love who I am on the inside. I know I am attractive. I m so ready not to feel shame about my weight anymore!!!

YES! YES! YES!!! All of this! Every. Single. One.

I can't wait to go into any store and pick out anything I like without going to the plus size section. And being able to wear cute scrubs cause the xxl ones are not cute and I'm only 5' lol. ✋????to all of us being smaller!!!

I think my daughter was 99% of my motivation for getting the sleeve, how old is yours? Mine is 4 on Christmas eve, she has so much bloody energy, I'm hoping I can eventually catch up, haha.

That's absolutely amazing that you've got to 'normal' size shops, I think I'll be like you, a bit daunted by the fact I'll actually have a choice! I have no idea about fashion, I've just stuck to black for all my life....the colour in me might have to escape when I've lost weight (I'll probably end up looking like timmy mallett!)

My daughter is four too, she just started school ????

I don't have complete free reign, places like warehouse, oasis, Zara are still well out of my reach lol! But I'm chuffed with just m&s and next tbh lol!

When I first started this journey, I started making a list. I wanted to keep this list to keep me motivated. Initially, the list was in some sort of order, higher motivators on top. They are no longer in any sort of order. I WANT IT ALL! :)

• Being able to walk and stand for longer periods of time without needing to rest/sit
  • Fitting in a bathtub comfortably
  • Going into a regular bathroom stall and being comfortable
  • Being comfortable with bathroom hygiene (the bigger you are, the harder it is sometimes)
  • Go into any store and finding clothes
  • Fit in a restaurant booth
  • Not pulling on bra straps all the time
  • Having appropriate clothes for special events
  • Feeling comfortable with what I’m wearing
  • High School Reunion! (no need to explain!)
  • Fitting behind the steering wheel
  • Run a marathon (ok, maybe a 5K at first, ha)
  • Swim with Dolphins (without worrying if the life jacket will fit)
  • Ex’s!!!! (again, no need to explain)
  • Wrapping the towel around me – and it fitting
  • Doing shore excursions (I like to cruise, but I seldom get off the ship and explore the ports)
  • Airplane seats – fitting in them without obsessively checking/changing my seat if someone is beside me – fearing that I will make someone uncomfortable
  • Movie theater seats – fitting in them!
  • No more chaffing
  • Having energy
  • Crossing legs
  • Sitting in a seat without wondering if it will fall
  • Riding a horse in the Water on the beach (don't want to torture the animal)
  • Calf boots

I'm sure there are more, this is just what I have in mind right now!

Stand up doing weekly presentations at work without secretly hoping the 30 minutes goes by fast because my legs, back and feet are in pain from standing ..... Walking without my back pain and sciatica acting up ..... Walking more than a block without getting out of breath ..... Not fearing booths at restaurants or trying to be the 1st one to arrive to make sure we get a table ..... Flying without upgrading to 1st class since seats are 3 inches wider and asking for a belt extender (1st class is cheaper than 2 seats which most airlines will make us "passengers of size" purchase) ..... Being able to bend over to put on shoes or socks without tummy being in my way ..... Being able to walk up my stairs to carry groceries up without wanting to pass out from exhaustion ..... Wearing nicer clothes that fit instead of whatever we are stuck with in our size ..... Wearing cute jeans, I miss jeans ..... And boots, especially this time of year ..... Mostly, just being comfortable in my own skin, feeling healthy and having a better quality of life ..... There are plenty of other emotional reasons such as making ex's eat their heart out or making all the rude people on past who have made comments about my weight, but at the end of the day, my main goal is to be healthy, the rest are perks. And I can't wait !!!!!

@@numeby2017 - I'm right there with you. I'm a professor - and since I teach in a graduate program, our classes are 3 hours long. There's no question - I sit during my classes rather than walk around. I wonder what it would be like to walk around during my classes? I'm also a professional speaker. I've always used the excuse that I'm too 'ADD' and fidget and make people nervous if I don't stay 'stationed' at the podium (which is actually true...I've read it on feedback, lol) - but I would love the opportunity to try it!

The airline seats don't bother ME, but I generally upgrade because I worry about making others uncomfortable and because I'm so self-conscious. And the shoes - I see so many people talk about that. I guess I've been overweight so long (I started gaining when I was 8 - was diagnosed with Crohn's and put on upwards of 30 pills a day - mostly steroids) - that I've adjusted - I sit on a bed or couch and put my foot up there, too - so no bending! LOL.

So many things to look forward to for all of us!

Stand up doing weekly presentations at work without secretly hoping the 30 minutes goes by fast because my legs, back and feet are in pain from standing ..... Walking without my back pain and sciatica acting up ..... Walking more than a block without getting out of breath ..... Not fearing booths at restaurants or trying to be the 1st one to arrive to make sure we get a table ..... Flying without upgrading to 1st class since seats are 3 inches wider and asking for a belt extender (1st class is cheaper than 2 seats which most airlines will make us "passengers of size" purchase) ..... Being able to bend over to put on shoes or socks without tummy being in my way ..... Being able to walk up my stairs to carry groceries up without wanting to pass out from exhaustion ..... Wearing nicer clothes that fit instead of whatever we are stuck with in our size ..... Wearing cute jeans, I miss jeans ..... And boots, especially this time of year ..... Mostly, just being comfortable in my own skin, feeling healthy and having a better quality of life ..... There are plenty of other emotional reasons such as making ex's eat their heart out or making all the rude people on past who have made comments about my weight, but at the end of the day, my main goal is to be healthy, the rest are perks. And I can't wait !!!!!