Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ive been hanging out with this guy for a few weeks... We never go on dinner dates, I always make an excuse. Dont want to seem like Im wasting money on food that I can barely eat. Not really sure how to address the issue or if I even want to. When do u, if u ever address the issue with a Person Of Interest, especially if they didnt kno you before the weight lost. Outside of my immediate family I havent shared my experience with anyone. Feels like its my business, plus the ppl I come into contact with mostly are coworkers and we arent friends! So I keep my personal life way seperate from my work life.... Anyways, when or do I share?? Im running put of excuses my dinner isnt a good idea... HELP!!

Why not go to a restaurant where you can order fish? I can eat a decent amount of a fish fillet, at least a good 4-6oz of white fish at a time. Men are used to women not eating that much, and if you are talking a lot during the meal, you can easily play it off.

You could also just get Soup and a salad, and just move the salad around. People don't notice what you eat as much as you think. He has never seen you eat before, so it isn't like he is going to expect you to snarf down a 12in sub, because you always do. Don't over think it.

Edited by OutsideMatchInside

From a man's point of view: Order an appetizer like Ahi tuna for dinner and just say you are on a diet. We think women are always on a diet of some type anyhow. Bonus round, he will appreciate that you didn't bust his wallet taking you out. The dinner date is just to spend time with you anyhow. No need to share this surgery or any other personal information with him that you aren't comfortable with.

Here's a different point of view. If this is truly a person of interest, then you should be honest and tell them you had weight loss surgery and the effects it has had on your diet. If they can't handle the fact that you have had weight loss surgery, then maybe you should move on and find someone who can be supportive of a decision that you made for the sake of your health.

I just tell them I eat like a bird

I went on a couple dates with a guy, afterwards he sat me down for an intervention about my eating disorder. I sat him down and explained.

I went on a couple dates with a guy, afterwards he sat me down for an intervention about my eating disorder. I sat him down and explained.

Hahahhahahaa !!! This post made me burst out laughing in the middle of a crowded room. So funny!!!

This is so going to happen to me!!

Here's a different point of view. If this is truly a person of interest, then you should be honest and tell them you had weight loss surgery and the effects it has had on your diet. If they can't handle the fact that you have had weight loss surgery, then maybe you should move on and find someone who can be supportive of a decision that you made for the sake of your health.

I agree, you should tell him. If he isn't supportive then maybe he isn't a guy you want in your life...

I just started seeing someone for the first time in four years. My best friend introduced us and luckily she told him everything. He is so great and very understanding. Zero judgement, plus if someone judges us for this they are obviously not someone we should be seeing.