Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can't wait for before to meet after

This is my first post on batiatric pal and tmi but it's the middle of the day and I'm in my bathtub right now. Lol. I'm here because my job is 1/2 mile away and I decided that instead of some grease filled crap I'd have a spa hour for lunch instead. And of course I couldn't put my phone down so here goes:

I'm 298 pounds. I've always been heavy and called the cute big girl. Folks that would say that have no idea how condescending (or maybe they do) that felt when they'd say that.

Anyway my last straw was on a recent flight when I got to my seat and my seatbelt didn't fit. I sucked in stuff that can't even be sucked in to no avail. If only i could squeeze just a little bit more! I was so red in the face. I looked across the aisle and a thin Asian woman had her 7 year old daughter on her lap. She wrapped the seat belt around them both (the stewardess later had her unbuckle for safety) AND pulled the strap to make it tight. There was still strap left????!

I sucked in even more. It didn't work and at that point I was too embarrassed to ask for a seat belt extender (stupid, I know) and since I was by the window I pulled the seatbelt over my thigh and just tucked it around my inner leg. (Sorry!)

Then I put my jacket over me so you could see that the belt was "connected." I thought to myself 'Lord please don't let this plane hit any turbulence.' I could just see me in all my fat glory bouncing on top of all the other passengers apologizing after I clunked their heads once after the other. Ugh.

So that was it.

I started working out and watching my food and lost a whopping 6 pounds. (Yayy????????????)

I got a new job and low and behold the state offers insurance that covers bariatric surgery!

So I signed up for the informational class and have since had my first nut class and initial appointment with the doc. I'm going with the sleeve. I have two more nut classes and all those other tests and evaluations. I'll update soon.

Congrats for making it to the end! Lol :)

Congrats to you for making the choice! I have been sleeved for over a year and just coming out of a 3 month stall! You learn about those soon! This is one of the best choices I have made my health!

I have to say that reading your post I was like "been there, done that"! I finally bought my own seatbelt extender so I wouldn't have to ask for one. So I honestly feel your pain and happy you are able to start the journey with us. I have my first consult with the internist on 9/23 so you are ahead of me. I haven't seen the nut yet. Happy to have you on the BariatricPal team!

Thanks for the warm welcome guys and gals. I'll post a pic soon. Just can't wait to meet the 'after' me.

Yes! I think that we have all felt moments like this. Thanks for sharing! I had a very hard time fitting in the plane seatbelts and the last few times I flew, I did the same things as you! I am happy to say I am 5 months out and I flew last week and the seatbelt fit just fine with a little extra room. It made me smile.

Extra?! Yassss! I love it ????????????

Krista132, you have inspired me even more than I already was! My first treat to myself after I have lost 100 lbs is to plan a trip that includes flying! Thanks for sharing! Congrat's on your success!

This is my first post on batiatric pal and tmi but it's the middle of the day and I'm in my bathtub right now. Lol. I'm here because my job is 1/2 mile away and I decided that instead of some grease filled crap I'd have a spa hour for lunch instead. And of course I couldn't put my phone down so here goes:

I'm 298 pounds. I've always been heavy and called the cute big girl. Folks that would say that have no idea how condescending (or maybe they do) that felt when they'd say that.

Anyway my last straw was on a recent flight when I got to my seat and my seatbelt didn't fit. I sucked in stuff that can't even be sucked in to no avail. If only i could squeeze just a little bit more! I was so red in the face. I looked across the aisle and a thin Asian woman had her 7 year old daughter on her lap. She wrapped the seat belt around them both (the stewardess later had her unbuckle for safety) AND pulled the strap to make it tight. There was still strap left????!

I sucked in even more. It didn't work and at that point I was too embarrassed to ask for a seat belt extender (stupid, I know) and since I was by the window I pulled the seatbelt over my thigh and just tucked it around my inner leg. (Sorry!)

Then I put my jacket over me so you could see that the belt was "connected." I thought to myself 'Lord please don't let this plane hit any turbulence.' I could just see me in all my fat glory bouncing on top of all the other passengers apologizing after I clunked their heads once after the other. Ugh.

So that was it.

I started working out and watching my food and lost a whopping 6 pounds. (Yayy????????????)

I got a new job and low and behold the state offers insurance that covers bariatric surgery!

So I signed up for the informational class and have since had my first nut class and initial appointment with the doc. I'm going with the sleeve. I have two more nut classes and all those other tests and evaluations. I'll update soon.

Congrats for making it to the end! Lol :)

Your story was so funny!!! I am pre op as well and can't wait to meet the After me too!!

I think most of us can relate! While I never had a seatbelt issue it was always close! My last straw happened this year when I regained 60 pounds after losing 40 last year for my daughters wedding! The minute I put that wedding cake in my mouth the tiger was unleashed and diet was over.

I guess I am that addicted to sugar!