Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Your rude. Get out my post!

Not rude just realistic. That's one of the major points that is explained during this surgery process, it's hard to believe that you don't know this.

Not rude just realistic. That's one of the major points that is explained during this surgery process, it's hard to believe that you don't know this.
It doesn't matter if her surgeon explained this to her or not or whether or not she remembered or if you believe her or not. She asked a question and that is what this forum is for...to get help from others going through the same thing. You receive SO MUCH information while going through this journey that it is almost impossible to remember everything while dealing with your own emotions. Answer the question posed and leave out the slick remarks/responses. At least that is how it is coming across and how she took it. I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate it if someone responded that way to a question you posted.

@@gabbisha Call one of those numbers your team gave you for any questions. I haven't gone through the surgery yet but what I hear and see commonly is that drinking while eating is a big no no. That video that was posted helped me understand the reasoning better. Good luck with your journey!????

Not helpful at all.

You better be sure to never ask a question here, someone might scold

YOU for not knowing.

Not helpful at all.

You better be sure to never ask a question here, someone might scold

YOU for not knowing.

Believe me that won't happen...it actually took me a few years to come to this decision of having surgery, and I researched, asked questions and made sure I was well versed before I made this life changing decision, and while there MIGHT be something I don't know, It definitely won't be something as obvious as being or not being able to drink Water and eat food at the same time. I mean seriously, if you don't know that after going through this process...don't I question what kind of doctor did a persons procedure.

It doesn't matter if her surgeon explained this to her or not or whether or not she remembered or if you believe her or not. She asked a question and that is what this forum is for...to get help from others going through the same thing. You receive SO MUCH information while going through this journey that it is almost impossible to remember everything while dealing with your own emotions. Answer the question posed and leave out the slick remarks/responses. At least that is how it is coming across and how she took it. I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate it if someone responded that way to a question you posted.

@@gabbisha Call one of those numbers your team gave you for any questions. I haven't gone through the surgery yet but what I hear and see commonly is that drinking while eating is a big no no. That video that was posted helped me understand the reasoning better. Good luck with your journey!????

Yes I did answer the question and my opinion was given, which like you said is what this forum is for. If it is taken to heart and you get your panties in a bunch about it that's really not my problem. There's too many questions posted on these forums which really leave me dumbfounded as to what kinds of doctors some people are going to when they don't know something as simple as why you can't drink Water and food at the same time, I mean seriously, that's one of the main things you should know!!! IF you really prepared for this surgery and paid attention. Forgetting not to actually drink and eat At the same time I can understand because I actually have to work on that, but not knowing WHY you can't eat and drink at the same time? Nah...that was one the main things brought to patients attn. If I sound rude or whatever you wish to call me, then that's on you. Like I said, just being realistic.

Edited by mperez1982

My program was more concerned with waiting at least 30 mins after eating. I wasn't told not to drink prior to eating. However I was given information similar to how it is explained in the video.

A word of advice with these forums: Take everything with a grain of salt. It's nice to get differing opinions, but ultimately you should follow the advice of the folks you paid to do your surgery. If you are unclear, call them and get clarification.

FYI - You can also "ignore users". However you need to be on the full version and not the app. Then just go to your profile, choose Manage Preferences and add the person you need to block. I don't use this feature often, but it's nice to have it.

FYI - You can also "ignore users". However you need to be on the full version and not the app. Then just go to your profile, choose Manage Preferences and add the person you need to block. I don't use this feature often, but it's nice to have it.

Thanks for the tip. Although I'm sure you are referring to me with your comment. I can put the "ignore user" feature that you so kindly mention to good use as well but have not, and whether or not it's used on me, it really makes me no difference, no one I will miss! I don't sugar coat what I need to say, ever. And if I come off as rude, then so be it! ????

Try it. Find out for yourself. The worst that will happen is that you will get sick and throw up.

I experimented. I can't drink while eating. The liquid takes up too much space.

Funny that I found out I could drink carbonated beverages. However, I have to make sure I burp after each swallow. Otherwise the pressure hurts.

I would just like to see mperez1982 answer the original question. If it is so obvious.

I would just like to see mperez1982 answer the original question. If it is so obvious.

Good try. Don't try and get the answer from me. If you'd paid attn to all that was told to you during this LIFE CHANGING process...you would not be trying to to surf around for the answer to something as simple as why can't I eat and drink at the same time...seriously.

Gabbisha, I was told it flushes the food out of your stomach. Therefore you eat more. I know when I have gone out to eat and sit for a long time and have some liquid, I eat much more than I normally could.

And please don't let people that obviously don't know get to you.

Gabbisha, I was told it flushes the food out of your stomach. Therefore you eat more. I know when I have gone out to eat and sit for a long time and have some liquid, I eat much more than I normally could.

And please don't let people that obviously don't know get to you.

Of course I know, I'm not that stupid to make a life changing decision without in depth research, info sessions, speaking to doc and actually learning what is involved in this procedure...while part of what you say is also involved...you're forgetting that more than 2/3 of our stomachs are gone...if you drink while

Eating, you can't eat as much as you should, bc there is no room for

Both! A doctor didn't have to tell me that for me to know that I only have a pouch therefore have wait before I drink!

Good try. Don't try and get the answer from me. If you'd paid attn to all that was told to you during this LIFE CHANGING process...you would not be trying to to surf around for the answer to something as simple as why can't I eat and drink at the same time...seriously.
What were you trying to accomplish by posting what you posted on this thread? If you weren't going to help her why say anything at all? If you have nothing positive to add to this thread then why comment with something negative? Seriously...since you know and remember everything you were told, help a sista out instead of in some aspects bashing people. Be of assistance and value. Your comments were really unnecessary and not helpful at all. Find some compassion for others. Just keeping it real.....

What were you trying to accomplish by posting what you posted on this thread? If you weren't going to help her why say anything at all? If you have nothing positive to add to this thread then why comment with something negative? Seriously...since you know and remember everything you were told, help a sista out instead of in some aspects bashing people. Be of assistance and value. Your comments were really unnecessary and not helpful at all. Find some compassion for others. Just keeping it real.....

Like I said...if you want to think i am

Rude and get your panties in a bunch...then I can't help you with that...I don't sugar coat what I say...learn the process before you make a decision like this one...and that would avoid you asking such obvious and stupid questions....