Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Night time eating?

Hello: I am pre op and I eat mostly Protein all day For dinner I will have food with carbs. Between 9 to 11 or 12 I crave carbs. Salty and sweet carbs, during those 3 hours I wipe out the good diet I have had all day

Any tips suggestions or Criticism welcomed and greatly appreciated

I am new to the site Thanks to the founder of the website for such a great resource! Thanks to everyone for sharing :)

I assume you're pre op? When I was pre op to wean off of carbs I allowed only 1 carb per meal. So if it were Peanut Butter and jelly, I only had it in 1 slice of bread. If it were spaghetti for dinner, I had Pasta or garlic bread, not both. For Breakfast, I often world eat Cereal with a waffle, I cut out one of them.

Cold Turkey off of carbs is hard this worked for me.

@@dhrguru thanks for good advice! I am pre op

I had almost the exact same issue as you: good during the day, but awful in the evening. My decision was to just completely cut out all eating after dinner, since anything I ate after that was pure junk. But doing that cold-turkey was really difficult, so when I got to the point where I really wanted something, I got out a tablespoon of creamy Peanut Butter (still left on the spoon) and would lick that for a few minutes. Lick it, don't just swallow it at once.

It's consistency and taste was enough to get me through the night. And not too many carbs in it, more Protein and a bit of fat. The taste stays in your mouth, to help satisfy that head hunger.

Once you start eating the carbs, they will just call for more carbs, and you will be on the slope of doom. At least that was how it was for me.

@@toasty thank you that is a great idea! I am going to try that. Thank you! ????

You crave carbs because your body is addicted to them, same with sugar. You might have to kind of wean yourself off of these things, and make sure there are less than 5 grams of sugar in every serving of whatever. This is especially useful because it will cleanse your body of sugar (which is seriously the devil in terms of trying to be healthy! XD) and because that's what you're going to be needing to do post-surgery, so it's good to get your body used to it now. I would also recommend just eliminating the foods that are causing you problems from your house completely! That's what worked for me. My boyfriend grumbled but agreed that he wanted to be healthy too, and now he eats pretty well because his body is no longer addicted to carbs and sugar. Good luck!

Someone in a thread told me to drink a bottle of Water and go to bed to avoid eating at night. Granted I drink the bottle of Water and go to bed at 9 or 9:30 otherwise I would sit and eat from boredom until 11 or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

those 3 hours I wipe out the good diet I had all day

@@coltsfan

there's a good song "thank the lord for the night time, forget the day......"

above two statements should be the other way around

"curse" the night time, enjoy the day

remember Pavlov's dog??

ring the bell and he runs for food

i turn the tv on, and "want" food

i usually control myself, except when i don't :(

l play solitaire, drink my Water, AND rub my tummy at the same time while watching tv

might start selling tickets!!

hands are too busy to eat!!!!

@@coltsfan

Criticism to you??

what could i say??!!

you are aces newbie

good luck with surgery

speedy recovery

kathy