Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banders #7

I have been traveling a lot for my job and so makes it hard to keep any kind of a regiment in place.

I have slacked off on my walking and surprise have been on a stall and even gained a few pounds. Nothing like in the old days when I would lose 50 and gain 60.

I am still making more good choices then bad ones but my goal weight seems to elude me. When I get close I seem to go back up a bit.

Sorry to hear about the health and relationship issues but like life itself we cannot give up on ourselves.

My wife is having some health issues as well.

Overall I'll take my present life over the one I had 9 years ago.

Hi Friends. I haven't been on these boards since I lost my notifications many weeks ago. Much love to all of you dealing with health and relationships.

My food is on track and I'm at my lowest weight so far. Life continues to be insane. The divorce is delayed and never ending. Dealing with it all without self medicating is by far the biggest challenge I have ever faced.

My girls are home for the summer and my eldest graduated, and is getting ready for a move to Atlanta to attend Emory in the fall for graduate school.

I hope to post more soon.

So...my summer starts tomorrow as I fly down to Florida for a week in the sun. I need to get away as the BF and I had a bad breakup and I need the support of my family. I plan on resting and doing some laps in a pool with warm Water for a change instead of the cold Water at the Y. We also have a family cruise coming up next month which I'm looking forward to. I got another fill a few weeks ago and this one seems to have worked. I'm still able to eat anything I want but the hunger is satiated better than it has been for a while. I was up to 135 lbs. and not happy about it. I'm back down to around 125 again and feeling better along with having my clothes fit better as well.

Sorry you and Ken have had such a siege with your health. I do hope you are both on the mend now. Maybe we can even look to do a summer get together for our support group. I do get messages every now and then asking when the next one will be.

Hope all my BP friends are doing well and am looking forward to hearing about your summer adventures.

Liz

I am sorry about the BF :-(. Where in Florida are you visiting?

I have not been on the boards for a while, but I thought I would check in today and wave hello. :D

Something to put a smile on your face!! #RedNoseDay

post-146347-0-17846500-1464293480_thumb.jpg

Yes we are working Hard today!!

post-146347-0-30413700-1464293525_thumb.jpg

Hi there,

A quick check-in with my banded friends. Very sorry for relationship woes and health crises -- sending best wishes for peace and good health all-around.

We have gorgeous weather here in NH and I'm glad to be able to walk outside again. Trying to do the 4-mile lake walk daily but have to take the occasional day off here and there for arthritis issues. Still, I'm so much more active in this season and that feels very good. Will need a better plan for getting exercise next winter but not worrying about that right now -- just enjoying summer which seems to have arrived quite suddenly.

I've been gardening like crazy and doing lots of outdoor work. Veggie beds are all full and the flower garden is going to start blooming soon -- plus lots of projects around the place, building a stone wall, fertilizing fruit trees, moving plants around, etc. I have never been able to understand why that kind of physical labor does not seem to "count" for exercise -- at least as far as the scale is concerned. I gained about five pounds over the winter when I hoped to lose ten, so now I need to buckle down and see what I can do about that. Just bought Protein Shakes that I have used in the past but not for a long time -- thinking that may set me on course for getting off a chunk, and also that the exercise quotient will kick in at some point.

Getting out the bin of summer clothes was so much fun and everything fits well except for two pair of pants I bought as "Goal Pants." These are size ten and I still can't get into them but I'm not giving up! One is red linen and the other a deep shade of purple, extra long. I WANT these pants to fit, dammit. Seems like kind of a shallow goal but I am going to turn that WANTING into DOING.

We have some events this summer -- a wedding and two memorial services, reminders of how quickly time passes and the importance of being happy and enjoying life, choosing to have the right people around and letting them know how much they are loved. Also celebrating a big anniversary (25 years) and son turning 21 -- a big year. The aging parent factor is very present right now and I'm trying to keep balance there. My father is in his nineties and has dementia. He can only be in the moment -- no looking back now or leaping ahead as I tend to do. It's good for me to be with him and realize how rich the present can be if I am pausing enough to really notice all of it. The band has done that for me as far as food is concerned. The slowing down and really noticing......

Good to hear from you Bandista. I've seen so many of my PB friends move on and while it's nice to see new people post, I miss the ones I conversed with for these last few years. I hope that all of them are living happily ever after. :)

Just talking to my daughter today about how important it is to Celebrate everything in life. Even though we lost her father (my husband) this past October and we miss him so much everyday we still have to continue celebrating . Memorial Day is a special day we have many Veterans and members of our family who are still serving. My father served in both WWII and Korea and even though I lost him many years ago, each Memorial Day is a memory of how much he loved this Country. I had my best friend and husband here for the weekend and we had a great day yesterday, spent in the pool and grilled some nice steaks on the grill. I had about 4 oz of steak and 1/2 baked potato. I am getting ready to get seriously committed to lose another 10 lbs before I go to Canada on Vacation.. Like LIz (Gowalking) I enjoy seeing new posters but still miss some our old bandsters . I have been on this site for 3 1/2 years and even though I am not posting much I still enjoy getting a little dose of motivation from everyone. Have a wonderful day tomorrow and please keep all of our Veterans in your prayers.

Hi friends,

I've been off the boards but doing well with food. For some reason notifications no longer work on my iPhone app. I'm having the hardest time navigating bariatric pal now. I don't use the desktop version, just the phone app. This is the only thread I can reliably find. Has anyone else had this problem and did you figure it out? I uninstalled and reinstalled the iphone app and it didn't help.

JustWatchMe

Hi friends,

I've been off the boards but doing well with food. For some reason notifications no longer work on my iPhone app. I'm having the hardest time navigating bariatric pal now. I don't use the desktop version, just the phone app. This is the only thread I can reliably find. Has anyone else had this problem and did you figure it out? I uninstalled and reinstalled the iphone app and it didn't help.

JustWatchMe

Send Alex a PM. He can help you with technical issues.

I suddenly see notifications. Holy cow. What timing. Lol

JustWatchMe

Thanks for that, Liz. There's the for me part and big one for the new people, but I also really need the colleague/compatriot factor -- people who "get me." Thanks for getting it. And me!

Hi Banded friends,

Hope everyone's summer is starting off right. We are having typical foggy mornings and pleasant afternoons on the coast .

After 34 years, I am moving next Monday ! Not far, but jeez... Going through every drawer and cabinet and closet !

I have been boxing items up for over a month, and though I am tidy, I have entirely too much stuff!

Had a great garage sale....still too many "things" ...

Looking forward to changing my surroundings... Kinda

Bittersweet, as a widow of 2 years, having to go through many old pictures and some of the last of my late husband's possessions.

Trying to decide what will grace the walls....what to give the kids, what to pass to his sister etc.

Trying to stay positive and not dwell on the past... Lots of memories here.

Please wish me luck. I really need it. The emotions keep coming.

Julie I am praying your move will be a positive thing and will help you adjust to your new life without your partner. I am recently widowed and I am trying to find a way to stay balanced. I have not gotten to the point of going through my husband's things yet, can't quite get to that point yet. I won't be moving from our home however, my kids are here and my home is paid for and has been for many years so I know I will be staying here. After 39 years of marriage I feel like a fish out of Water, no one to share my day with and my husband was my best friend and my biggest fan, I was so blessed to have him for those years, he was a wonderful husband, father , grandfather and great grandfather. however, I know he is with me every day. I hope you will be happy in your new place. Take Care .