Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banders #7

Julie and Sharpie, just sending love today.

JustWatchMe

Thank You Sweetie.

Thanks cyber friends

Off to get more boxes....

And again... Too much stuff

My doc said " don't leave everything for your kids to have to go through". I'm taking his advice ...

Taking a break from moving by attending a wedding. Mother of bride is a florist and it smelled and looked spectacular!! 50 acres of redwoods and meadows and a train that circled around.post-121934-14662213545251_thumb.jpg

Had a fabulous time.

Needed it... Back to boxing up for the final time.

Julie...Sharpie. Hang in there ladies. Some days are harder than others. I know...today would have been our 39th wedding anniversary. He's gone longer than we were married but I never forget this day...nor does my sister, bless her.

Julie, you look stunning!

JustWatchMe

I'm one pound away from the 170s. This week? Maybe? Crossing my fingers...

Edited to add: 179.0 this morning!

I've been wondering where Debbie is. She always posted and has been very quiet lately. I'm just hoping she's busy with other things...but I don't like that she just dropped off the forum. Anyone hear from her?

Liz

I hope she's okay. I stopped checking the forum when the notifications got fried. It became too difficult to keep up without them. I have them working again but I basically just check this thread a couple times a week.

JustWatchMe

Good point Liz

Debbie usually posts about summer bands and such. She has been quiet lately.

I've grown fond of this group of veteran banders and hope not to lose any !

Hi every one -- just popping on for a quick check-in. Julie, sending best wishes for your move. Wonderful seeing your picture and glad you got a break from packing, shedding, moving. It must be such as poignant time for you -- sending extra love your way. And you, too, Sharpie. We have all been through a lot together on this forum. Just Watch Me -- 170s, YIPPEE! So happy for you! That is great news.

I have a rich outdoor life at this time of year and that is soul-fulfilling as well as good exercise. Gardened early this morning and now just back from a morning walk at the lake and settling in to get some work done at the computer. The peonies are out right now and the air is heavy with their scent. We've had one spectacular day after the next.

Weight-wise I am having trouble budging the scale, but I am not too troubled by that. I know what I have to do and just have to want to buckle down and do it. I would benefit greatly from a five-day juice fast or all-liquids with Protein shakes might be a good way to go. Will have to find a place on the calendar for that as it's a very social time of year with visitors, little trips, a wedding, etc. The good news is I feel good about my body. Yesterday I ironed and I'm happy to have clothes that fit and are fun to wear. No more shame and embarrassment.

Time to go check and see what's happening on the forum as a whole. This thread is my go-to and you are my go-to people. Thanks for being there!

Hi All!!!

Checking in too. It's been a heck of year this year I'll say that's for sure!! Lot's of changes ups and downs for all of us. Health wise for me...I try to keep hyper vigilant about what I'm eating because I just hate getting sick from food. Though I never know when that might happen. This weekend a pickle and a horrible burger patty did me in. I guess I should have know better than to try to eat that from a diner...but you never know until it goes down and then doesn't sit right or digest. Then I add it to the list of OK that's no good for me.

The one good thing about is that the weight I had gained is just about gone now, and if I can ever get a second maybe I can focus on getting in some exercise. If cleaning out my Dad's house in Queens counts at all I am getting in at least a bit.

Keep posting all the fun summer stuff...it's nice to see everyone doing fun things!! Sharpie lets see all those flowers and vegies in your beautiful gardens!!

Bandista!!! Send your garden photo's too!!!

Liz Bill and I were married 39years, we would have celebrated 40 years this past March. It gets a little easier each day but some days I wake up wondering how to make it through the day without him. I just stay as busy as possible and drop into the bed at night with the TV on. I am trying to adjust to being alone. Thank you so much for your support. Weight wise, about the same, up and down, trying to lose a little before vacation in Sept. going to Canada to a dude ranch for a week and to Glacier Nat'l Park. Take care keep posting and yes I am concerned with not seeing Debbie . Hope someone can contact her to make sure she is okay.

Liz Bill and I were married 39years, we would have celebrated 40 years this past March. It gets a little easier each day but some days I wake up wondering how to make it through the day without him. I just stay as busy as possible and drop into the bed at night with the TV on. I am trying to adjust to being alone. Thank you so much for your support. Weight wise, about the same, up and down, trying to lose a little before vacation in Sept. going to Canada to a dude ranch for a week and to Glacier Nat'l Park. Take care keep posting and yes I am concerned with not seeing Debbie . Hope someone can contact her to make sure she is okay.

I'm so glad you had 39 years with him. I envy you... What can I say hon...it's a process and some days are better than others. There's no timeframe and you just need to go with your gut. If it doesn't feel right, don't do it...whatever that may be. If you are sad, be sad. If you are having a good time, don't feel guilty..just go with it.

If you've ever been to or seen a Jewish wedding, you know that the groom smashes a glass with his foot and then the guests all cry out 'Mazel Tov'. The broken glass represents the destruction of the temple which is and was the saddest thing that happened to the ancient Jews. We are commanded to always remember this, especially in the face of our happiest moments. I liken widowhood to that. No matter how happy or wonderful something is, there is just that reminder that you are experiencing this without him. Everything has a bittersweet note now. Alan is gone 22 years. I barely remember his voice yet I don't watch the videos because it's still hard to.

I'm glad that you are going on vacation and have not retreated from the world. You will find your place again, and Bill's passing will eventually become part of the story of your life. As I said before, it's not about getting past this, or moving forward, or heaven forbid, getting over this. You never get over the death of a beloved spouse. You come to an acceptance. It happens over time and you don't suddenly realize it...you just know at some point that it's happened.

Be good to yourself...take care of yourself, and always feel free to reach out to me if you want or need to. Liz.