Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 months post-op, lost 11 lbs last two months! HELP

I am so disappointed in myself. I have gone from 290 date of surgery, March 16 2015 down to 235 as of today.

The scale has not moved in 3-4 weeks.

I eat about 1,000 - 1,200 calories a day. I'm not consistent with Protein or Water. I am failing myself. My stressful job keeps me occupied about 9am - 7pm. I don't exercise much, but am active on the weekends.

I drink alcohol on the weekends, maybe 4-5 drinks a night, vodka and sugar free cranberry juice.

I had my appendix out in late June and was out of commission for a couple weeks.

My doctor already thinks I'm a failure, he said I'm not doing as good as other women have he has sleeved. I dread seeing him, it's always a lecture, statistics shoved down my throat and I end up feeling like a failure for getting sleeved and still being obese.

Anyway, I would like some suggestions. I am starting to log my intake into MyFitnessPal and be mindful of what I am consuming. I've set a limit if 1,000 calories.

Any motivating tips or encouragement would be appreciated. Anybody with similar stories who turned their ship around out there?

Any advice, feedback or even tough love will be invited.

I really want to hit my goal of 160 lbs, but doctor doesn't think I will based on statistics of my current weight loss and what I'm "trending".

Hugs!

First, I would say don't beat yourself up. You really do have it in you to do this.... We all do!

Second, stop drinking alcohol on the weekends. Especially 4-5 drinks. That is a lot of empty calories and heavy guilt.

I completely understand the stressful job. I started carrying a cooler with me that has P3 Protein Snacks, Greek yogurt, Water and Protein shakes. If I get stuck or have forgotten to eat I have something healthy to fall back on.

No matter the job, everyone is allowed breaks and meals. Is there a gym nearby you can join? Can you walk some steps or walk around the parking lot?

Definitely log your food. I am absolutely overwhelmed with learning to eat a balanced diet, but like I said above, we can do this! We have it in us.

The only other suggestion I can make is start over with a week of Clear liquids. Life is all about do-overs. I read somewhere once that we can't let failure define us, let getting back up and starting again and again and again and not giving up define us.

Great idea @@maggie409! During breaks I am going to walk up and down the stairs from the 4th floor where I work. Usually I just stay planted in my chair and browse the web or even sneak out for coffee.

The alcohol I know must end. It's not good for my mental health in addition to the empty calories.

Last, I am going to take your advice and eat stage 2 for a week. I have Isopure in my desk, I just loathe that taste but I think being thinner and reaching my goals are more important to me than an icky tasting drink.

Thanks for taking the time to respond!

I will keep this thread posted on my progress.

Hugs!

I think you need to work at finding a Protein Drink you enjoy. Even knowing the end goal...choking down things you don't like will not develop into a healthy habit you can sustain.

( I've tried Isopure, and I agree, Yuck!)

@@cockapoomom - you said it yourself, you are not consistent with Water and Protein and you are failing yourself. The other posts were excellent responses and I think you know you need to get "your head in the game" -

you got this!

i havent had the surgery yet but from what ive read on here just get back to basics 90 grams of Protein a day get in your 64 ounces of liquids and get up to 3-4 servings of veggies

I don't know you, so I am not implying anything about YOU, but this is what I found for ME. It could also be true for you.

• I do not lose I am not honest with myself.
  • I need to eat around 900 calories daily to lose weight
  • I have to average those calories over days and weeks
  • A few extra calories over a weekend (in the form of alcohol or anything) will absolutely kick my average calorie consumption up over the 900.
  • I can't graze. It's very hard to track calories when you stick a bite of this or that in your mouth. I gain when I do that, even if I try to track it all.
  • It's all easier said than done, but so worth it!

And one other thing - I NEVER EVER eat or drink something I don't like. There are enough excellent sources of nutrition out there that I do like to waste calories on something I hate.

I think You already havé the solution To your answer. Stop drinking please, exercise more often, and take your Water and protein!

Do it for yourself! You went through a hard and painful procedure, this should be your motivation!

Its the drinking. It IS the culprit. Stop today. Watch your weight loss resume in 7-10 days. You might also want to reduce your caloric intake to 700 cals during this 'jump start'. Then increase gradually. Keep carbs < 70 a day.

Reclaim the mindset that led you to surgery. Embrace those feelings again.

-RC-

I hate to echo what others have said, but ABSOLUTELY stop drinking your calories. I cannot stress enough how much this creeps up on you and will stall you. For myself personally, if I don't get enough Water or don't eat enough Protein, I stall. On the other hand, if I get TOO much Protein, I stall. It's a very fine line we walk as WLS patients, and it really requires a lot of diligence. I myself haven't gone above 800 calories a day. I try and get close to that every day, and usually stay between 650 and 800. My fitness pal has been a lifesaver in tracking, and I use it DAILY! If I eat an almond, I put 1 almond down. This way, when I stall I can evaluate things.

Another important part is Vitamins, minerals, and your other macronutrients. If you get your protein and Water, that's only 1 piece of a very complex puzzle. If you're deficient in your Vitamins and minerals, you could stall. Maybe set up an appointment with your NUT to try and refocus and get back on track?

no more booze. you can do it