Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How was your recovery 1 week after surgery

Hey, Pammy. Yeah the Isopure comes in powder form also. You can get it no carb or you can get it low carb (3 per serving). I have the no carb Cookies and cream, and the low carb chocolate. It also comes in vanilla, and I'm sure other flavors. It comes in a big container with about 22 servings in each one. Add two scoops to 20 oz of cold Water and you've got yourself 50 grams of Protein. I've really enjoyed any that I've tried. Best of luck to you. You're all such an inspiration--even with some of the uncomfortable post-op stories.

I didn't make the list, just found it for you guys. You had me in "stitches" with the mental image of a new bandit laying over the car seats! Too Funny!

Wow! Waters this is incredibly helpful. I didn't get much info for my post surgery necessities. I appreciate this.

I wished someone had told me about the heating pad. I figured out the heat helped with the gas and ended up laying in my car's heated seats. :)

That was my question. I believe you can find the answer on the Url I provided, but apparently they are to help you wipe your toush.

You know, get a cheap pair of kitchen tongs, put an adult wipie in them and then wipie you self!:faint: I love that little fainting guy! I could watch him all day! I'm losin it, aren't I? God I hope you were seriously wanting to know:embarassed:! This little red guy's cute too!

Hey, Waters:

Thanks for the list of post-op stuff. I'll definitely get stocked up. VERY helpful information.

One question--mmm, what are toilet tongs for?

That was my question. I believe you can find the answer on the Url I provided, but apparently they are to help you wipe your toush.

You know, get a cheap pair of kitchen tongs, put an adult wipie in them and then wipie you self!:faint: I love that little fainting guy! I could watch him all day! I'm losin it, aren't I? God I hope you were seriously wanting to know:embarassed:! This little red guy's cute too!

Yes, Waters. I really wanted to know. Thanks for the info. I didn't have a clue! I get so much information on this site. I LOVE IT, and all of you for contributing to my education :-)

Once upon a time... I was watching HSN. Rhonda Shear was on and a lady called in to say that she had weight loss surgery and was using Ms. Shear's Shapers and they really helped her to move around better. Well, I ordered them and I really think they do help hold your guts in place while you are trying to move around. In fact, I know for me they were a great help.

The first time I wore them was to a wedding on June 30th, I was banded June 28th so still pretty sore and they were a tremendous help!

They are the mid thigh length and the waist band comes up under your bra. When I went to the wedding, I used Hollywood tape (double faced) to tape them right below my bra. I was afraid they would slip down and sit on my belly button. It worked.

I kept thinking that if I had had these in the hospital, getting out of bed might not have been so bad. But then, there was the catheter issue.

Please note that these are not POWER PANTIES more like gentle mid thigh, high waistband type. Not powerful Spanx or Lipo in a Box, sling shot across the room shapers. Just easy and enough to make you more comfortable.

I also like Shear's Shapers panties because although they fit like a brief in the back the waist falls below my belly button (incision line).

I did ask the Dr's PA about using them before I left the hospital and she said yes, as long as they weren't really binding.

:confused:Can't sleep for the past 2 nights, not sure what's happening?

I had mine on the 25 and I dhave been doing great but now mabe I ate too much. My diet said I could be eating anything. Last night after I ate I was so misserable and full and it has not gone away. It is still very uncomfortable. Could something be stuck even though I haven't had a fill? Called doctor but they haven't returned my call help

Debbie

The 25th of June? Shouldn't you be on pureed or at least adaptive soft?

I guess every Doctor is different.

Hope you feel better. Maybe you should really drink lots of plain Water today. Good Luck!

I had mine on the 25 and I dhave been doing great but now mabe I ate too much. My diet said I could be eating anything. Last night after I ate I was so misserable and full and it has not gone away. It is still very uncomfortable. Could something be stuck even though I haven't had a fill? Called doctor but they haven't returned my call help

Debbie

Good heavens! I'm not banded but trying to get there (jumping insurance hurdles at the moment). Ya'll are really scaring me. IF you had the choice, would you get the lapband again?

Hello

I just wanted to say I was banded on the 28th June 2007 and I have been fine, I was a bit sore the 1st few days but I didnt need and pain meds and the wind was not any thing to bad, :)

Before I had my op I read a lot of threads about peoples pain and I was so scared as I class my self as a wimp, hate needles ect but I was fine, my Husband was impressed I never cried once!!!:rolleyes

They brought me back after my op and I had to move my self to the bed and then an hour later they got me up to sit in a chair, this was the bad bit as I then went dizzy and felt sick:sick but they gave me some anti sick med's and I was fine:), come 6 am the next morning I had my war paint on ready to go home. When I got home I rested, the next day felt a bit down but went to a party in the evening for a few hours which was fine.

the sunday we went out shopping as I wanted to walk, I just took it easy. it's been 10days now had my stiches out yesterday, and never cried, going back to horse riding next week and feel great have lost 21lb so far and am feeling great can't wait for 1st fill, this is the best thing I have done.

I hope everyone feels great soon, it really will be worth it, go and look at everyone b4 and after's that always give me a lift.

take care:kiss2:

Wow! I can't believe people are talking about going to weddings and parties and shopping in the first days after surgery! Good for you! I had mine 5 days ago on the 5th and while I consider myself pretty lucky --no vomiting or nausea -- the bloating and my sore belly have kept me uncomfortable enough to keep me at home braless moving from bed to couch! To texgal, don't be discouraged --everyone's experience is different and we're all here looking for the kind of possibilities that this procedure can offer us. Someone I spoke to before the surgery told me that I needed to believe that I deserved a solution and this is a good solution. But yes, we all know this is no easy fix -- it requires motivation and committment.

Hi! I just got banded yesterday and I do have a lot of pain around the port area. Cannot bend over, lots of gas gurgling, but I do not seem to be bloated. I do not think at least. Does this come later? I absolutely do not regret my decision, but the pain is more than I expected. I am keeping on top of pain management meds as they said I should not let myself hurt. I too am taking Mylanta to keep the gas down, but walking is definitely helping. I am trying to walk at least a few minutes every 1/2 hour. Getting my regular meds taken is hard as it takes some time. I feel like all I do is take my meds. I just am worried the port pain suggests I might be moving stuff around inside. I am worried about the band slipping.

Yes, Waters. I really wanted to know. Thanks for the info. I didn't have a clue! I get so much information on this site. I LOVE IT, and all of you for contributing to my education :-)

that was a great question. (about the tongs..) I'm a pre-bander and was wondering the same thing. Good luck with your weight loss.

I am going to banded on July 19th. My mom was banded a couple of years ago, and had the same problems, GAS! At least thats what the doctors told her it was caused from. Gas that gets in your body during the surgery. He had her get some ADVIL liquid GELS and bam the gas was gone. Dont know if it will help you, but it helped her, and I am going to be sure to have some by my side the day after my surgery. Good luck!!

even though I have been fine since my op, and to be honest I was more ill when I had my tonsil's out 4 yrs ago, this op felt like a walk in the park compared,.

The one thing I will say is my port pain was like I had a pulled muscle and someone had attached a brick to it:phanvan, so every time I moved it was a little uncomfortable, but I am really a wimp, if I can do this op anyone can.:)

I think what helped me is, I have been up and down which I think is maybe why my gas was ok:whoo:, I cant sit still really and I am never one to want to be ill I really push myself to move around, my bum had no feeling in it after being on it at hospital and the drive home which was 2 hrs and it took a few days to get the feeling back.

If you have any doubts take a b4 naked photo of your self, I could have killed myself then and there when I saw my front, back and side:faint: I was neally running down to the hospital after that, I al,ways thought I was not that bad, but god did I look disgusting:cry, I know I have done the right thing.:)

Two weeks out and feeling good! My port area's still tender, but otherwise I'm ok. :)

Gas X chewables are the best for burps that won't come. :D If it's shoulder/back pain, it's from the CO2 gas they pump into you during the surgery...your body just has to absorb that over a few days. I'm scared to death of vomiting (which I haven't yet:thumbs_up:) because it can cause band slippage - but they do tack the stomach to itself over the band to help keep it in place.

I was just wondering who has had this as outpatient (myself included) and who stayed overnight? My doc said overnighters were mainly sleep apnea patients and those with complications, otherwise you go home within 8 hours like I did. :)

Banded 6/27 - VG band - Dr. Jose Erbella and Dr. Gary Bunch, surgical team at Manatee Memorial Hospital, Bradenton, FL

weight.png

:cat:

Hi i am new to the site. I got banded on May 24th. I have lost 28lbs. I was tired the first week or so, but I would do it again in a heartbeat. My husband is waiting for a surgery date. keep the faith.