Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Pre Op Diet Was All I Needed

OK guys, we had good laughs, good answers, time to pass to something else!

I am on my 3rd day of pre-op diet ! I have a headache and I am starting to hallucinate about cinnamon Buns, brownies, steak, anything to FEED me!

But this morning I weigh myself for fun and I have lost 4 lbs! Made me smile BIG!

Talk to you guys elsewhere!

@@Dub I was really hoping you'd reply and tell me where you're coming from, so I'm glad you did. I had noticed your post here and the rant you posted on my thread the other day and was wondering what's going on. I misunderstood your first post here. When you said "most" I thought you were saying most who have had or are awaiting WLS were lazy and looking for miracles.

I appreciate that we're probably coming at things from different angles. I've only been on the site for a couple weeks and probably haven't seen as much as you have. It's also just my style to give people the benefit of the doubt, even if they're saying something that sounds kind of absurd (there are limits to this of course). I figure you never know what a person might be going through and how that motivates their behavior. That's cause I generally respond better to gentle encouragement (like someone saying "you can do this!") than "tough love." I say this to clarify where I'm coming from, not to say my way is better. We're all individuals and respond to things different ways.

Also, I saw your status update about your insurance requiring a six-month waiting period. I'm super impressed by your positive attitude about it!! I know I would have struggled to find the same enthusiasm after that news. I'm so ready to have my surgery and start using that tool to get healthier!

OK guys, we had good laughs, good answers, time to pass to something else!

I am on my 3rd day of pre-op diet ! I have a headache and I am starting to hallucinate about cinnamon Buns, brownies, steak, anything to FEED me!

But this morning I weigh myself for fun and I have lost 4 lbs! Made me smile BIG!

Talk to you guys elsewhere!

way to go, pre-op is the worst part in my opinion! Post surgery I haven't had any cravings really. The liquid diet stuff sucks, no pretending there. But I can eat most anything now and I have no interest in sweets. I tried a bite of something once or twice (hey, we all make mistakes) but it's too sweet to me now, I felt like I'd get sick. As for steak, I definitely hope I can eat that once again, lol. Right now it's way too tough.

Looks like Chuck is no longer a member of the site. Glad to see him gone.

and with no pictures I don't believe him

@@Dub I was really hoping you'd reply and tell me where you're coming from, so I'm glad you did. I had noticed your post here and the rant you posted on my thread the other day and was wondering what's going on. I misunderstood your first post here. When you said "most" I thought you were saying most who have had or are awaiting WLS were lazy and looking for miracles.

I appreciate that we're probably coming at things from different angles. I've only been on the site for a couple weeks and probably haven't seen as much as you have. It's also just my style to give people the benefit of the doubt, even if they're saying something that sounds kind of absurd (there are limits to this of course). I figure you never know what a person might be going through and how that motivates their behavior. That's cause I generally respond better to gentle encouragement (like someone saying "you can do this!") than "tough love." I say this to clarify where I'm coming from, not to say my way is better. We're all individuals and respond to things different ways.

Also, I saw your status update about your insurance requiring a six-month waiting period. I'm super impressed by your positive attitude about it!! I know I would have struggled to find the same enthusiasm after that news. I'm so ready to have my surgery and start using that tool to get healthier!

I am very sorry for the confusion and my over-opinionated comments.

If I were 1/2 as knowledgeable as I think I am then I'd be chilling with The Chuckster.....and enjoying a life of supreme fitness and athletic zeal.

Thanks for your kind words. 4+ months to go until surgery. We're all gonna make it.....with or without the guidance of our guru, The Chuckster.

Let's do dis ting !!!!!

Oh never mind not even worth typing out...

Oh never mind not even worth typing out...

????

@@Dub Nothing it's coming just wait for it.....

this was so obviously a sales pitch advertisement post. plain and simple. I really wish someone had just some out and said it instead of pussyfooting around that fact. People don't come to a WLS website, register and then tell you how they DIDNT have wls. that's like me going to the girls scouts forum and saying how much i love the YMCA??? its nonsensical. Add into the fact he was obviously not from the US or a native English speaker, and his posts all read like an advertisement for a bad Asian knock-off website.

I believe Lipsticklady saw it and man of did, but speak up.

We dont need these trolls on a site meant to help others.

Good job in whomever banned him by the way.

Huh!?!?! What does not being from the US have to do with anything? Not a native English speaker? Bad Asian site? Banned?

Your words are a bit offensive, IMO, and I have no idea where you got the idea that he's banned.

a " bad asian" troll site is one that spams you with extremely poor quality goods under the guise of something else. It is widely known and as an IT person I deal with them every day. I dont know why you think that is somehow offensive, the word asian is the correct way to describe something or someone from asia. I assumed he was banned since you cannot even click on his account to view it. I assumed that meant he was no longer here. I said outside the country and non english speaker due to his use of really bad english, not just grammar or typing, but actual word choices. I use an email filter that filters spam based on word usages in my job, and that post came up with red flags as an advertisement post based on typical word usage.

I love the way you continue to question everything I do, even though I do nothing but extol how wonderful an inspiration you have been to many people on here.

Please stop decrying everything i do. If you have a problem with me personally, then say so and ignore me.

Yeesh! Dramatic much? I found your words borderline slanderous and offensive. I would have said so if you were my BFF, my kid or (ding!! ding!! ding!!)some stranger I've never met on the internet. I find some of your statements quoted above absurd and quite objectionable and I won't apologize for saying so.

In turn, if you find MY posts objectionable or offensive, feel free to block me. I pinky promise not to take it personally. ;)

☺️ toldja!

Im not going to let this original post change my mind about my decision! I'm barely starting out on my WLS journey. Right now I'm in the process of insurance verification before they set up my 1st consultation. Like many others I've lost weight by exercise and diet change but have had difficulty keeping the weight off. I was doing so well with my trainer but things happened that was out of our control and he was no longer able to train me. Then slowly I started gaining everything back plus more. I'm tired of my weight yoyoing back and forth so I've made the decision to have wls. I'm at my highest weight right now. The last time I was close to this weight, I was at full term pregnancy suffering thru gestational diabetes and pre-eclampsia, which sucked!! I'm attaching a before and after pic I took last year when I was training but I've since gained it all back.

post-259629-14389556283737_thumb.jpg

@@Ravend26 I think the VAST majority of us have been where you are. I've lost and regained hundreds of pounds over the years. The best I did was 90 pounds in one year, but then I lost and regained and lost and regained all the way back up to within 10 pounds of my starting weight by the time I finally decided to have WLS. You have to make the decision that is best for YOU and filter out all the noise. The decision to have surgery is between you and your doctors.

The banter over the interloper was fascinating! Like a car wreck I could not make myself turn away from. I laughed and frowned... And kept reading. I love spirited conversations and truly wonder what the poster's original intent was....

He WAS effective in having us make clear what we defend as our "safe" place to vent anything! May that always be so. I depend on this site almost daily!

I am thankful for that ????