Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Pre Op Diet Was All I Needed

OKC Pirate ? Promise me that if I ever get stuck on a deserted island, you'll be there right with me, ok ? I figure if im going to die there, at least Id die laughing ! ( The "sex " comment about Chuckster, omg.......... snort snort, giggle................ ok, im done now. Giggle some more..............

I read this nonsense over again. And the more I think about it the more it was just too perfect a story. This had to be complete bullshit and made up. Definitly some sort of spam or trolling. How pathetic.

I am 198 lbs, 32% bmi and 22 yrs old. I workout a lot but have the same problem of losing weight and keeping it off. Initially I went to the bariatric clinic to what I imagined would be a doctor talking me out if it. Instead he told me it was a great idea that I was doing it to be healthier, aid my fitness goals and look better instead of doing it because of obesity diseases like many people did. I was surprised he didn't try to talk me out of it, but then again I thought it was cause that's the way he stayed in business. I went to all the other doctors, psych, cardiologist, nutritionist, gastro, and I was surprised they all encouraged me to do it. Telling me it was a great way to be healthier and help my weight loss journey. Only the gastro said " you don't look 200lbs" but once he heard what I had tried hr encouraged me too.

Anyway, I'm having surgery on Friday and I'm excited for the begining of the new me! Congrats on being able to do it without the sleeve. Props to you. Wish I had the determination you seem to have!

I am 198 lbs, 32% bmi and 22 yrs old. I workout a lot but have the same problem of losing weight and keeping it off. Initially I went to the bariatric clinic to what I imagined would be a doctor talking me out if it. Instead he told me it was a great idea that I was doing it to be healthier, aid my fitness goals and look better instead of doing it because of obesity diseases like many people did. I was surprised he didn't try to talk me out of it, but then again I thought it was cause that's the way he stayed in business. I went to all the other doctors, psych, cardiologist, nutritionist, gastro, and I was surprised they all encouraged me to do it. Telling me it was a great way to be healthier and help my weight loss journey. Only the gastro said " you don't look 200lbs" but once he heard what I had tried hr encouraged me too.

Anyway, I'm having surgery on Friday and I'm excited for the begining of the new me! Congrats on being able to do it without the sleeve. Props to you. Wish I had the determination you seem to have!

Best wishes for you !!!

The verdict is stil out on The Chuckster. He's yet to post up pics of his awesome achievements....but, then again neither have many others on here.

Chucksters title " My preop diet was all I needed " is wrong, I think. I think he meant to say " Doh ! ( Homer Simpson ) a swift smackup side my head was all I needed !" I 'm truly glad that he was successful in his weight loss , but I wonder what he would have done if he hadn't been successful the 1st time he tried diet and exercise. The 5th through 10 th time ? Also, his comment about Carnie Wilson was beyond pathetic, because she's had WLS twice and is still struggling he deems her low on the "moral " scale, but because Marie Osmond took off the weight with diet and exercise, she has higher morals ? Geeeeeesh ! Give. Me. A . Break !!!

Yeah, for a "research scientist" -- LMAO! -- Chuckie seemed a little off.

this was so obviously a sales pitch advertisement post. plain and simple. I really wish someone had just some out and said it instead of pussyfooting around that fact. People don't come to a WLS website, register and then tell you how they DIDNT have wls. that's like me going to the girls scouts forum and saying how much i love the YMCA??? its nonsensical. Add into the fact he was obviously not from the US or a native English speaker, and his posts all read like an advertisement for a bad Asian knock-off website.

I believe Lipsticklady saw it and man of did, but speak up.

We dont need these trolls on a site meant to help others.

Good job in whomever banned him by the way.

Congratulations on your weight loss success. Awesome job. It's hard work to make any lifestyle change that involves healthy eating and consistent exercise.

My question is why do you feel that you are healthier now and have learned more valuable lessons than if you had gotten the sleeve or had a bypass?

I had the gastric sleeve over a year ago and I am the healthiest I have ever been in my life, including times in the past where I have been thin. I am now physically fit, strong, energetic, adventurous, and have a zest for life.

I learned a lot about myself. Some people self-medicate with food and to some degree that was me but mostly I was just a glutton like so amny Americans are these days. I was also a victim of the clever marketing of food and the addictive nature of today's food. I realized that most of what is sold in supermarkets is not fit for human consumption. Pets get better nutrition.

Another reason why I did not go with surgery is because I had gotten great counseling. I knew that it was within my power to reform my behaviors and doing such was very empowering. It made me a better husband and better parent.

Another important reason was the risk. bariatric surgeries have a significant mortality rate and many people have the side effects such as mal absortion, leaking and dumping to name a few.

I was asked to name all the valid reasons for why I could not eat 40% less calories and I had no reasons. I asked the person helping me why I wasn't and he let me off the hook by explain what is if to be sated and how the brain has to catch up with the body. Big people have big appetites. Because of how I eat now I don't have gnawing hunger. I now eat the way nature intended humans to eat. I eat the foods that we were designed to eat.

I had to eat mindfully. I selected the right foods in the right amounts and lost the weight. I reduced calories gradually so I was never really hungry. I ate 6 times a day and now I eat larger meal 4 times.

What I learned mostly is that food can no longer control me. The pesky free floating anxiety that most of us have vanished. I took control. I learned that with the right tools things that seem impossible are actually pretty easy.

I now enjoy food... real food more than ever but I have gone from a hedonist to an epicurean and the whole thing was quite spiritual. I did this for a higher purpose. Sure vanity was part of it as was health but I did it mostly for my loved ones and for society as a whole.

I'm glad you were able to do it without surgery.. I hope that you can continue to stay healthy and keep the weight off.. for some of us, it just isn't that easy.. Its good that you could get to that point without surgery.. for me, the risk of surgery outweighed the risk of spending another 15 years trying to lose the weight.

A day late and a dollar short, I am..

I've just read through all of the replies on this posting. This just affirms why I really enjoy this site -- you are all so kind, supportive, and just plain NICE!!!! Even though Chuckster was obviously wanting to pick a fight, you all killed him with kindness.

Best wishes for you !!!

The verdict is stil out on The Chuckster. He's yet to post up pics of his awesome achievements....but, then again neither have many others on here.

I have. :D

post-175552-0-99746300-1438788039_thumb.jpg

this was so obviously a sales pitch advertisement post. plain and simple. I really wish someone had just some out and said it instead of pussyfooting around that fact. People don't come to a WLS website, register and then tell you how they DIDNT have wls. that's like me going to the girls scouts forum and saying how much i love the YMCA??? its nonsensical. Add into the fact he was obviously not from the US or a native English speaker, and his posts all read like an advertisement for a bad Asian knock-off website.

I believe Lipsticklady saw it and man of did, but speak up.

We dont need these trolls on a site meant to help others.

Good job in whomever banned him by the way.

Huh!?!?! What does not being from the US have to do with anything? Not a native English speaker? Bad Asian site? Banned?

Your words are a bit offensive, IMO, and I have no idea where you got the idea that he's banned.

I've just read through all of the replies on this posting. This just affirms why I really enjoy this site -- you are all so kind, supportive, and just plain NICE!!!! Even though Chuckster was obviously wanting to pick a fight, you all killed him with kindness.

W

Killed him with kindness ? Ummmmm, not necessarily. We just did'nt tell everyone where we hid the body !!!! Somebody made a comment last week or so about how we all can disagree and push each others buttons a little bit, like siblings, but if someone else attacks one if us, it's like "Oh, hell no !!! " Oh, how true !! Which is precisely why they'll never find Chucksters remains............. that is all.