Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Clean out fridge -Preop 7/27/15

I have struggled a little with the food choices I have. I bought Unjury products and the chocolate splendor is pretty good. However the SF Jello pudding I made was so sweet it made me nauseous last night. I made it with 2% milk - think I will go to store today and get skim milk. Unjury chicken broth had a strong odor from the Protein I could not finish it and will not make it again. I made homemade chicken broth that was better but felt sad it was just more liquid. I am hanging in there. Maybe day 3 or 4 will be better.

Edited by rln52

I struggled with my Protein Powder as well yesterday. I bought Isopure unflavored so that it could be added into broths as well as shakes; however, when I was preparing Soup last night for today's lunch it just clumped up in there and became inedible. I read that it has to be added before it gets heated up, so I will try again in hopes I can mix in some Protein with my soup. Thinking about trying the Syntrax Nectar options to put in my Water through the day.

Started the preop diet today and am not nearly as hungry as I thought I would be. Thank goodness. I do the Syntrax Fuzzy Navel in the morning and Premier Protein at lunch. Had an apple as a snack and have a low-fat yogurt to eat before my hair appointment. Then for dinner we are supposed to have 4 oz of lean meat and a cup of non-starchy vegetables. I was going to cook those ahead and just heat them up but was lazy on Sunday and didn't. Now I have to go home and cook - but oh well.

Two weeks from today is my surgery - August 11th. Amazing that it is finally almost here as I started this process in July of 2014. Long time but I think I needed that time to get psychologically ready. I'm ready now.

I went out to a little Chinese café for lunch to get my egg drop Soup when I noticed that they had a veggie soup on the menu. I asked what was in it and it was everything I am allowed to have according to the veggie soup recipe I was sent as part of my pre-op diet. I'm a super satisfied lady right now. Day 2 is moving along smoothly.

I was approved feeling GREAT!!! Glad I started and stuck to my preop diet. August 10th here I come!

Day 2 headache gone. Made a homemade broth added milk to it and it tastes pretty good.

That's fantastic @@rln52

My husband and I don't have separate pantries, but we do have separate shelves in the pantry -- there is his shelf, with trail mix and Cookies and his favorite Fiber One bars and that stuff. Then there is my shelf, with Protein shakes, Protein Bars, and not much else!!

I have split it to where we each have our own cupboard in our pantry. He told me today that he wants to start eating healthier as well which will help tremendously. Of course he can have salads and all I am craving right now is a nice salad lol

Let me just say that I absolutely disliked the Celebrate Vitamins when I tried them last week but last night it was like having a candy!! Something to chew on at last. Lol

Edited by rln52

I started preparing for the days after surgery by cleaning house and finding products that are good tasting and on the diet plan. I found a Pacific Turkey Bone Broth with rosemary, thyme and sage. It comes in a small paper container with a twist off cap. 35 calories 9g Protein 0 sugars 0 carbs. This does taste good and has saved me when I wanted something that reminds me of real food flavor. Also a Campbell's creamy chicken Soup on the go. It has bits of chicken but I strain them out and eat half like a meal. Calories 65, sugar 0.5g, protein 3g and carbs 4g. This is also good. Each day I drink 2 Unjury or Jay Robb whey chocolate protein shakes with skim milk and ice - makes it like slushy. I meet my 60g plus of protein. SF pudding & light yoplait yogurt (no fruit pieces) are my other Snacks. It took a while but I found options and this has helped me so much.