Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

things not moving....yet

This is the 2nd day after my banding and things still are not moving...get the idea. I am hurting very badly. I got the dry heaves last night. Is this normal? I am waiting to hear back from my surgeon.

What do you mean ? "Still not moving ?" Bowel movement ? I was told since I was on liquids there wouldn't be one for awhile. Do you mean hurting around the incicions ? Can you be more specific ? Dry heaves ? I don't know, never had them . Let us know how we can help you, I remember the 1st 3 days as the roughest, afterwards was much better.

Did they not give you pain killers?

I had a 3 day supply, and stayed in my lazy boy chair with a comforter, the TV remote, all the Water and broth I could handle, for 2 days....Pure Bliss! I wasn't feeling any pain or discomfort.

(day 3, I was climbing the walls, had to get out of the house)

I am five days post op and I am having a lot of gas pains. My in sis ions are doing good don't hurt. But the bowel movements are bad. My suggestion if it's bowel movements get laxitive. My surgeons nurse told me to get it bc they wanted all the gas to get out of my body. Hopefully I feel better tommorow. No more laying around gotta get things done :)

If you're referring to a BM, I didn't have one until today, which is my 5th post-op day.

I actually had a bm on day 3--with the help of Philips Milk of Mag. Today is post op day 5. I have had a lot rumbling in my tummy. Also, I am sick of the taste of the Protein shakes. I guess after being on them for 14 days before. I am suppose to be back to at least 3 - 5 day, but the taste is horrible. Any suggestions? I am ready for soft foods, but I know I can't until the first post op visit.

I'd be sick of the taste too. What kind of Protein shakes are you doing - the prepackaged ones? Have you yet tried the kind you make in your blender with diet milk, fruit, yogurt, and Protein powder? Those are super and taste more like real smoothies.

Hi there, congratulations on being on the other side. It's a distant memory now but I remember post-op needing to take something to get things moving on day four or five. I filled my pain med prescription but didn't use it -- I still had extreme Constipation just from the surgery itself.

Protein shakes, I hear you. Was so sick of them plus could not handle the thickness of them -- consistency just wasn't right. I liked the boxed Soups from the health food section of the regular supermarket -- savory ones like potato leek. And my surgeon allowed egg drop Soup which I learned to make myself for entertainment value. Also when I was allowed I really liked puréed cauliflower puréed with chicken stock and a little hot sauce -- it was like pudding for me.

Good luck -- you're on your way!

Okay. So today marks 1 week since my surgery. Things are pretty much back to normal. I have lost 28 pounds since July 7--14 days pre op and 7 days post op. The only problems are being sick of Protein shakes and a couple of my normal meds make me really sick. I take requip and Neurontin for my restless leg syndrome--which I have to take in order to sleep at night. I take the meds and about 20 minutes later I get really nauseated and then I heave--nothing comes up--and I get really hot in the face. This will last for about 30 - 45 minutes. It is really miserable. Does anyone else have problems with taking meds? I have tried to make sure I have something in my stomach--broth, Jello, or shake. I take one at a time. Any other suggestions? I think I am getting hungry although I work through that feeling by keeping busy. I hope that I made the right decision by getting the surgery. At first, I wanted the sleeve. I have a friend who did the sleeve and she has done great. However, my insurance would not cover the sleeve--only the band. I know I seem to be rambling, but this is how my mind works. I start back to work next week, so I am nervous about that. I can't wait for my first post op doctor visit--next Tuesday. I hope I have made the right decision. I know I had to do something. I will be 45 in August and for the past year I have gained so much weight. I had gotten to the point where I didn't want to go out or do anything. I have 3 active teenagers and I need to be there for them. I have always been on the heavy side--200 - 225 lbs. I could lose 25 - 30 pounds no problem and then gain it all back. Before the pre op diet I weighed 268--the heaviest I have ever been. I don't really have a goal. I just want to get below 200 lbs to begin with and then we'll see. I will have a one year membership with the wellness center from having the surgery, but I am not really sure when I should start. Okay. I guess that's enough rambling for today. Thanks for listening.

I'd start now at my first post op today I also had my surgery a week ago yesterday my doc told me to start working my upper body. So I gotta start going now but I'd deff start going. I'm jealous I've only lost 13lbs since surgery. But I feel good lol its a work in progress :) and I just started on the Protein Shakes I'm already sick of the broth lol :) but you'll do good and with the meds I got like that with the pain pills they prescribed me. I just started drinking more Water. Helped a little but I'd pry talk to ur doc about that at ur visit they should be able to tell u something