Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feb Bandsters July Challenge

So I totalled my bike today. Well not completely totalled but I am out of commission until I get to the bike shop and get at least a new wheel and everything else that may not be working fixed.

Let me set the scene up for you....

This morning I decided to play Tour de Oakwood (pretty much I was trying to ride to work as quickly as possible.) About 2 miles from my house a bee flies into my face and gets into my hair. I am freaking out trying to swat it out because I am deathly afraid of them. I start to swerve right where there is a bunch of landscaping going on and as hard as I try I can't keep myself from falling into the 12 inch deep 6 inch wide ditch that is on the side of the sidewalk. I sort of dove headfirst over the handlebars and landed on this huge piece of plywood and sort of slid along it. Due to the dusty piece of wood I don't have a mark on me but I am covered in dirt. My bike was not so lucky. Chunks of mud everywhere, handlebars turned sideways, cracked pedal, chain popped off. Off course there are several people to witness this and my pride was wounded lol. I was shaking for about 5 minutes and once I calmed down I get ready to hop back on and go. I fix the chain and straighten the handlebars and try to get back on. The wheel is bent to shit and I can't ride it. So I walk the bike two miles home and drive to work.

OMG, Babygrl! :omg: Your day is off to one hell of a start! I'm glad you're okay -- over the handle bars is not a nice way to go! :) But that sucks about the bike! Man...

And here I spent a half an hour lounging in bed with my hubby & kiddies -- all cozied up and dreamy! Now it's time to kick them out of the house & start on the chores myself... Such fun. But we have company coming next week & frankly :phanvan, I've let the housework slide since my surgery & it needs a major overhaul! :eek: Perhaps my affirmation for today will be: cleaned the house :P

How's everyone else's Saturday going thus far.......?

Suzanne

Feb'07 July Challenge: Level 3-Moderate :)

3 of 20 days exercising for 30 minutes

Got to love Saturday chores!!! Saturday is my house cleaning day which will be happening as soon as I get home. I only have like 2 hours and then I have a wedding to go to so I have to get my butt in gear.

I am actually having a great day, the bike thing was so funny when it happened. Just complete and total shock on my part. People who saw were very concerned for me and I was just cracking up.

Well, Babygrl, you left the laughing bit out! Whew! (I'm the same way -- gotta look for the humor in the situation.)

You can see I've gotten right on the chores. :) But in my defense, I've been having my Protein shake at the computer, before diving in to the mountain of stuff I've been putting off (which nobody else -ehem- has been doing either)...

:help:Okay, I need a favor...:help:

Somebody kick my a$$ if you notice I have not posted a workout by the time you go to bed!! I don't need to break them up, it's the STARTING not the finishing that is my problem (they're only a 1/2 hour & almost always at night). It's a matter of motivation. I've really got to make this a daily habit -- at least on the weekdays. I hate, hate, hate doing it - but that's not going to change overnight anyhow. I just need to stop whining & get to the friggin' treadmill!!!!!!!! I know this, but then I get distracted since I'd rather be doing anything else (except housework :eek:). So, please, before you guys shut down the computer at night - could somebody pop on & remind me to get my saggy, baggy elephant butt on the damn treadmill!?!?!?!

I'd love to be at 250 by my 6-month Bandiversary, but I doubt that's going to happen. I know it's not going to happen. Poop. It was a realistic goal when I set it, but after a few weeks of not loosing, it no longer is a reasonable amount of weight loss (18lbs) before the date (in 40 days). That's 3 lbs a week, and I just haven't had those kinds of numbers on solid foods. It is realistic to shoot for being IN the 250's by then, so that's my new goal!

But maybe if I workout every friggin' day of the next 40, I might hit the original mark of 250? Maybe? Okay, again - doubtful. But let me hold on to the dream. :biggrin1: And IF I'm working out every day toward a goal in August, perhaps I won't be so tempted to quite the daily sh..tuff once my deadline passes. Maybe it'll have become a habit by then...? Maybe. Or not --- wait, no negative thinking! See, it's just that I have never, ever enjoyed any form of exercise & I can't imagine liking it now. But it can't matter if I'm linking it, I've just got to DO IT!!! Perhaps if one of y'all give me a nudge, I'll actually pay attention! :) I'll employ a bit of this guilt-thing I'm so famous for & feel bad that you took your time to remind me, so I'll get up & do it just so i can post a "thanks for reminding me" when I'm done. (It's my Irish-Catholic/Jew upbringing -- guilt is ingrained. LOL) :biggrin1:

Okay, now I'm feeling guilty about kicking my family out for the day & NOT doing the housework...my shake is long gone. :heh:

Get up 30 minutes before you usually do and get on the treadmill. Have your workout shoes and clothes right next to the bed. Better yet sleep in your workout clothes and put your shoes on first thing. It sucks, you will hate it no doubt. But once that 30 minutes is up and it is now the normal time you would ahve woken up you will be able to say "damn I am done workiing out, I don't even have to look at the treadmill if i don't want to". It will be worth it once it is over with. The first few times are rough but it gets easier. It seriously makes you feel better. It makes your day better. The farther along you go i nthe day the harder it is to workout. Especially if you hate doing it. Get the bad over first so you can enjoy the good for the rest of your day.

Oh, Babygrl, you have got to be kidding me!!! :pound:

I'm not out of bed one second earlier than the 1st kid is up!! DH works a 2nd job 4 nights a week, and I "wait up for him" but I'd be up anyhow until at least midnight. Night owls, the both of us. We're usually up until about 2am, so I do have plenty of time to do the working out bit at night... It's the actual starting it that I postpone & procrastinate about. And I can't imagine getting up earlier than to the 7am pitter patter of lil' feet! ROFLMAO :)

It's a great suggestion, really, but I don't think I'd ever follow through with it! I tried the "shake on the treadmill while kids are eating breakfast" thing for a while, but something always was interrupting that workout. So I'm back to "after bedtime" treadmilling now...

How's the weekend coming, y'all? :):confused:B)

Hope you had a good time at the wedding, BabyGrl!

Just checking in for the night...

Feb'07 July Challenge: Level 3-Moderate youcandothis.gif

4 of 20 days exercising for 30 minutes

Zannie did you get your workout in last night?

The wedding was okay. I was actually very very good. I did not drink. I ate a few bites of salad, a cheeseburger with the lower half of the bun, probably an eighth of a cup of potato salad and a very small sliver of cake (which surprisingly stayed down). Of course it took about an hour to eat all of that. Plus I had like 3 bottles of Water there. After however DH and I went to the movies and I did treat myself to a bit of popcorn.

This morning I got back on my bike. DH fixed it for me last night by removing the tire from the other bike (remember broke pedal-4.5 mile walk home scenario?) and put it on my bike. So I went and bought my helmet this morning and took a 2 hour bike ride. I am pretty sure it was at least 20 miles. I know for sure 15 miles but I need a map to figure out how much more I did in the other metropark. My ass is on fire but I feel pretty darn good right now.

Hope everyone is doing well and having beautiful weather this wonderful Sunday. It is about 93 and very sunny here right now so I am going to go enjoy more of the sunshine!

Here is my new set up lol. DH has the computer chair and the kitchen chair is just too hard on my getting bonier butt.

Yep, feelin a little lazy tonight.

post-213479-1381313525252_thumb.jpg

Babygrl!!!! You are looking fabulous! You need to update your before/after pics! I don't see that much difference in my pics yet, so I'm not posting them just yet.

I'm off to get on the treadmill, I haven't exercised since Friday.

Aww thanks =). That pic was pretty much as natural as they come, no makeup, hair tied up, no bra, pajamas. I am going to update my pics in August when it is my 6 month bandiversary.

Did you get on the treadmill?

How'd everybody do over the weekend?

I got my workout in one of the 2 weekend days -- which was my goal. Now lets see if I can stick to EVERY DAY this week...

You do look FANTASTIC, BabyGrl! You ought to be really proud of all your hard work! (And I'm jealous of your chair! Mine broke about a month ago, so I'm sitting on an old, wooden dinette chair -- very hard, obviously doesn't recline or swivel, and my still-yet-to-shrink thighs are being poked by the corners of the seat!)

And I'm with you, TravelGirl... I still don't see a difference in my pictures! Even though the mirror does shows a slimmer face, and my wrists & fingers are a smaller jewelry size...oh and the whole deflated boob business, well, I just don't SEE any important changes!!!! I've recently asked DH point-blank if he sees a difference yet & he confirmed it's only in my face. I mean, the tape measure is hardly moving at my monthly checks, so I'm not just imagining it through my warped sense of body image. Nothing good is happening yet!!!!!! Argh! Okay...on a positive note. I am able to wear my favorite bangle bracelets again! They'd become too tight to wear comfortably but now they totally fit! :biggrin1: Way to go ME, weight loss in the wrists!!!!! :heh:

Suzanne

Feb'07 July Challenge: Level 3-Moderate youcandothis.gif

4 of 20 days exercising for 30 minutes

Yes, I did get on the treadmill, but for some reason, every step was causing a stabbing pain in my knee, so I was only able to do 8 minutes. :) It is better this morning. It must have been a pinched nerve or something.

I was up 4 lbs this morning from yesterday morning. It's time for Aunt Flo's visit again, so that's what I'm blaming it on, even though I didn't make the best choices yesterday, and didn't drink nearly enough Water, either. Making up for it today!

I was pondering the whole can't-see-loss-in-pictures-or-in-person stuff I mentioned in my last post. And I got to thinking that maybe I was suffering from body-image disparity delusions. After all, FIFTY POUNDS must be apparent somehow! So, since I've been taking pictures regularly to track my progress, I decided to do a PhotoShop comparison. Here are the results:o:

Pre-Opto4-months-50.jpg

Funny ... I can see the change in my face in the mirror, but I don't see a slimmer face in the new picture! And while in the mirror I see no real difference to my body (except chest), in the overlay picture, I do notice A) that my boobs are now, as I suspected, flat & floppy like pancakes (yes, I have on a bra) & B) there is indeed some change right at the waist/spare tire area. (I should have worn leggings in my before pic -- oh well.)

And there you have it -- Suzanne before :) & down 50# at 4-months after LapBand surgery. :phanvan :straight