Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feb Bandsters July Challenge

I've been doing the New whey Protein bullets...They're 3 ozs, with 42 grams of Protein. They're fruit flavored, and they're similar to melted Jello. YUCK. Your body can only process about 25 grams of protein at a time, anyway, so I drink half of it in the morning, and half in the evening. When they're gone, I think I'll try powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury. I am so leery of Protein shakes, though, because all the ones I've tried give me the runs, and then I'll need to go out and buy some of those "Oops I crapped my pants".....

Babygrl, what are the Matrix ones sweetened with?

OH, OH! I got my 60 minutes in yesterday!

EXERCISE: 1 of 20 workouts (60 min)

Well, I did have cake & a bit of ice cream (as planned) at DD's 2nd birthday party :P, but the rest of my meal on Sunday was totally within my regular diet-plan. So there's my affirmation for July 1st: stuck to the eating gameplan a the party. :biggrin1:

July 2nd wasn't bad either... I ate appropriately at a pool party ~AND~ I took my kids in for a swim (suit and all) in front of fit, tanned near-strangers! Yea, me!! While in the pool, I did an on & off “workout” with my *sniff, deep breath* two-year-old. *sigh* (My DS starts preschool this fall – I am not coping well with their growing-up!!!!!:cry)

So the month is off to a good start. I still have a BBQ on the 4th :usa2:to get through, and then 2 weeks of family reunions (my own & DH’s), plus a weeklong visit from my best friend & her kids. This will be my toughest month in terms of “events” since the Banding. But I am determined!! :boxing:

My next fill is on Thursday, the 5th. I doubt I’ll need much, but I can chug Water again, so it does need to be tweaked. I can’t tell you how good it felt to have semi-gulps of coldness rushing down my throat after a day spent splashing around outside... I was a big-time gulper in my previous life! Of course, that was of icy cold Mt. Dew/Code Red & Root Beer not diet lemonade & water!! The fill will do me good with all the “out of my control” eating ahead this month... Thank goodness for the Band, because I can only imagine how much weight I would have gained this July without it!!

Suzanne

Feb'07 July Challenge: Level 2-Intermediate

1 of 20 days exercising for 30 minutes

Because I bought gigantic tub of it, I am using Isopure Zero Carb vanilla - 25g per scoop. I like my Protein drink on the thin side, and the Isopure are not very thick, just milky. I mix mine with Water & General Foods International coffee powder (French Vanilla) for an Iced latte effect. I would not recommend their other powdered flavors though. And Isopure powders foam in the blender, meaning you’ve got more to drink down than a powder that doesn’t foam up.

I’ve made quite the study of Protein Powder in my 4-1/2 months Banded. I am apparently very picky about my Protein powders. The ones that I really like a lot are:

Elite Whey:chocolate Mint– a thin drink that tastes just like green Mint Chip ice cream!! Yum-o! The best Protein Drink I've tried yet!!! 23g per scoop

Syntrax nectar:Apple Ecstasy– a bright green “Kool-Aid consistency” drink that has a candy-like sweetness, not ‘sour apple’ but more like “Jolly Rancher apple” flavor. 23g per scoop

Syntrax Nectar: Crystal Sky – a bright blue “Kool-Aid consistency” drink with candy-like sweetness, not a classic red ‘fruit punch’ flavor as it’s description led me to expect, but more of a “berry Blue” flavor. 23g per scoop

If you are willing (calorically & carb-wise) to mix your powder with juice – and I will if it is one of the new Lite OJ’s made with Splenda & tons of other chemicals (argh!), then I also like:

Syntrax-Matrix 5.0:Orange Cream – milky, but mixes smooth without foaming, tastes like an Orange Julius when made with OJ instead of Water.< /span> 23g per scoop

SciTech-IsoFruit Delite: pineapple – thin, “cranberry juice” consistency, great mixed with OJ or real pineapple juice (or both!) instead of water. It would also probably be good to cook or bake with in place of pineapple juice...and in a Pina-Colada. I have not tried finding other uses for my protein, but other people do stuff like that! 21g per scoop

You can buy sample-sizes of TONS of protein powders at WLSSupplies.com - For all your WLS supplement needs – that’s where I got mine to experiment with. The shipping takes forever, so don’t place your order with only a few days of your own powder left! They come dosed out in these mini milk bottles, not envelopes, which I found handy for pouring in the mixing liquid & shaking to determine if a blender would be needed for thorough blending or not. To me, it was worth the premium for samples rather than waist another $95 on retail-sized tubs of protein that just doesn’t taste good! Good luck – and if you find something really good, report back! :biggrin1:

I've been doing the New Whey Protein bullets...They're 3 ozs, with 42 grams of Protein. They're fruit flavored, and they're similar to melted Jello. YUCK. Your body can only process about 25 grams of protein at a time, anyway, so I drink half of it in the morning, and half in the evening. When they're gone, I think I'll try unjury. I am so leery of protein shakes, though, because all the ones I've tried give me the runs, and then I'll need to go out and buy some of those "Oops I crapped my pants".....

Babygrl, what are the Matrix ones sweetened with?

OH, OH! I got my 60 minutes in yesterday!

EXERCISE: 1 of 20 workouts (60 min)

I’ve got no need for “Oops” – when I’m consistent with my protein drinking, I need prunes!! And I am aspartame-sensitive, so I stick to Splenda stuff for the most part.

:P Question: I’ve seen about protein this 25g max mentioned in threads quite a lot, but I have never come across anything about it outside of posts. Where did you hear it, TravelGirl? I make a blender-full of 3-scoops/75g-worth in the morning, keep it in the fridge, & drink from that all day. I’m not really concerned since I spread out my drink anyhow, just curious. I've always wanted to ask, but have not! :D

I bought a gigantic tub of Isopure Zero Carb chocolate. Threw all but two scoops of it in the trash. It was the nastiest stuff I've ever tasted, and it was foamy/gritty all at the same time. GAG.

My problem is, I truly HATE fruity drinks. I've always hated Kool-Aid, and every variation thereof. Can't stomach Crystal Light except for on very rare occasions. I would like to try the unjury unflavored powder, but I need to get all this stupid New Whey used up first. I spent WAY too much money on that and got way too much of it to throw it away. I

I believe it was in some of the paperwork that my surgeon sent home with me....or maybe it was something they told me? Not sure, but I did hear it somewhere besides LBT....I'll do some checking to see if I can find where I heard it.

HEY! Here's my good thing for today.....

I'M WEARING MY SIZE 18 JEANS TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's been a long time coming....

Travelgirl I am so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you too Zannie. Awesome job girls!

I am fighting the demons right now. I want to eat some candy so bad but I am not going to let myself. I know this moment is going to pass but I really need to stop eating away my feelings.

Okay I got in my exercise. 1 hour on the treadmill. And I am starting the official bitching thread so as not to put any downers in here.

Travel Girl --- 18!!!!!!!!!!!

That's FANTASTIC!!! You GO!:cheer2:

SciTech-IsoFruit Delite: pineapple – thin, “cranberry juice” consistency, great mixed with OJ or real pineapple juice (or both!) instead of Water. It would also probably be good to cook or bake with in place of pineapple juice...and in a Pina-Colada. I have not tried finding other uses for my Protein, but other people do stuff like that! 21g per scoop

You could totally mix that with some Malibu rum for a fun and Protein filled party drink right?

Seriously I bet it would be good with some sugar free coconut Syrup.< /p>

Babygrl.....REO Speedwagon is doing a free concert 30 miles from my hometown tonight.... If I can find someone to go with me, I'M THERE!!!! :cool:

Babygrl.....REO Speedwagon is doing a free concert 30 miles from my hometown tonight.... If I can find someone to go with me, I'M THERE!!!! :cool:

Where do you live? I am hopping on a plane right now!!!

I still have no one to go with me next week.

I did get my exercise in today already. I did a 4 mile walk and I ran about 1/2 mile of it. Running outside is way harder than the treadmill. I can do like 1.5 miles on the treadmill but put me outside and I just about die just doing the half. But hey it can only get better right?