Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any south Florida sleevers?

I'm a south Florida sleever. I'm from West Palm Beach and I'm getting sleeved March 17, I am starting to become afraid. The closer it gets the more afraid I am. I know that I'm going to get it done because this is truly what I want but I'm still scared. Scared of what you may ask? Dying during surgery. Not bragging but I'm not on any medications im just over weight to me and the Dr but to others they say I'm not. That I can just exercise and lose SOME weight. I hear that this is the best decision that some people have made. I've done my research on my dr and he has no malpractice and no sanctions etc he has been practicing for 18 years. I feel comfortable with him and his team it's just when I'm alone and I start thinking I think about WHAT IF? I have two under age children and I feel horrible thinking about what if. I'm sure this surgeon can do this with his eyes closed. Sorry to be a Debbie downer. On the upside I think about March 18 it will be done and behind me. Everything else I can deal with its just walking through that door.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hang in there! The thought definitely crossed my mind. I'm a single parent. And when the hospital called me with preop questions, I had to give my religion and stuff and I was like, what?? But I guess it's just protocol.

I live in Boca, so maybe we can be workout buddies or something when you're able to start working out again.

The surgery is definitely worth it, but it does have it's trials and tribulations. Anyone that thinks that this surgery is the easy way out is dreaming.

Hi Leile and soflgrl I was able to join when it was first started. She had a meet and greet event planned at a park and it happened to be on the day I had a community garage sale. I gather no one showed up as shortly after that planned event the meetup group was pulled. Each of the individual Doctors should have a support group available for you to go to each month.

My surgery is Tuesday Jan 26th I am having a gallbladder removal and the sleeve. Today I had my pre-admission 4 hour workshop and am all set for the surgery.

After surgery if there are others truly interested I could try to start one again. If you are, please send me an email. Offer some suggestions as to what you all might be interested in doing and see happen with the group.

Hi Everyone

I had written the above before my surgery. I received one email. I had my surgery Jan 26th and while recovering I had been doing some research about WLS support groups. If there is a true interest and people will show up I am willing to start a meetup group in April so we can all get together and support each other. Please email me and let me know your interested.

I'm a south Florida sleever. I'm from West Palm Beach and I'm getting sleeved March 17, I am starting to become afraid. The closer it gets the more afraid I am. I know that I'm going to get it done because this is truly what I want but I'm still scared. Scared of what you may ask? Dying during surgery. Not bragging but I'm not on any medications im just over weight to me and the Dr but to others they say I'm not. That I can just exercise and lose SOME weight. I hear that this is the best decision that some people have made. I've done my research on my dr and he has no malpractice and no sanctions etc he has been practicing for 18 years. I feel comfortable with him and his team it's just when I'm alone and I start thinking I think about WHAT IF? I have two under age children and I feel horrible thinking about what if. I'm sure this surgeon can do this with his eyes closed. Sorry to be a Debbie downer. On the upside I think about March 18 it will be done and behind me. Everything else I can deal with its just walking through that door.

Hey... I have been having alot of what if questions myself. I am also a mother to two small kids.... how did your surgery go? ??? Hope all is well :)

Sent from my SM-G900T using the BariatricPal App

I'm in Deerfield beach! 3 weeks post op. We should do a meet up!!!

Okay, so how do we go about doing that?? I'm so down. We could do it in Mizner or something??

I would think the first thing to starting a meetup is deciding on a location that is free and then getting a day that is good for everyone. Anyone know of any free meeting places where food is not involved? A church or clubhouse or maybe a medical facility that has free rooms we could use? The last one that was setup was at a park and I know it was not a good day for me. I gather at that time no one else was interested as the meetup group site disappeared a few days after it was started. We should probably meet to learn about each other and discuss what kind of a meetup group we want, social, educational or a combination of both.

I am from the Lake Worth and physically disabled with an electric mobility device so traveling long distances down into the Fort Lauderdale area is not good for me and of course having some place that is handicapped accessible is needed.