Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 weeks out, my post op VSG

Hello everyone I'm new to this site and I'm.new to the weight loss journey. I was sleeved on June 1st 2015. My Hw was 338 my surgery weight was 322 and my current weight is 292. I'm glad that I was blessed with.this opportunity to have surgery to be able change my life totally around for the better.

Welcome aboard! I was sleeved on June 8 and have been losing very slowly. We are here to support each other. Best wishes!

hello maggie - I was sleeeved on May 4th. I am really happy that I had the surgery, and happy with my results.

I am down 31 lbs. It is not as fast as some, but better than I have ever been able to do before.

I find I will have a week of fairly consistant loosing, them plateau or go up a lb or two. I am not sure why but as long as I am loosing I am happy.

Also some weeks I am hungry and others I am not very and unable to eat much at all. I am going to take a chill approach and keep on doing what I am supposed to do- Vitamins, Water, exercise and Protein.

good luck you you!

the mams

Mamsinator the same thing happens to me I had my surgery April 14 and as of now I have only lost 50 pounds. I stopped worrying about it when I realized that every time I lose weight I stop losing for like 2 or 3 weeks. Sometimes I feel like that's a coping mechanism for my body to adapt to the rapid weight loss...I've always struggled with my weight I was always dieting and exercising even before the surgery, but after the surgery I've been more than happy with my results. Yes! It is taking its time but as far as I'm concern even if is a pound that I'm losing I don't care any more as long as I'm losing weight. I have started to focus more in my body changes than the scale...as long as you keep following the surgeons instructions with proper diet we will make it to our goals

You're all averaging a 1/2 pound per day loss. Not sure why you think that's slow! 15 pounds in a month--when is the last time you did that on your own? Let's just Celebrate every ounce gone! Woo hoo ladies, we've got this!

Love reading the reminders on how much lost weight is in comparison to our pre-surgery attempts. We get so excited to be a year out and time and the scale can't move fast enough. It's nice to get on here and be reminded that we are doing great and that it's a process! I don't want to wish a year of my life away... I am enjoying this ride! And when I slip and forget that I wanted to enjoy it... I simply come back here and read more posts!! Love this site! We got this!

I was sleeved on June 15, I have got rid of 40 lbs and looking forward to dropping more weight. I am hungry some days and others I have to make my self eat. I am eating almost anything I want except for nuts,seeds, and raw veggies. I have only gotten sick twice from eating things. I am glad everyone is joining the losers bench!