Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Was anyone else just plain exhausted after surgery? I'm 17 days post op and feeling pretty good except for feeling exhausted and worn out whenever I try to do anything. Yesterday I went to church and was going to go to the grocery afterwards but just couldn't do it. Today I went to the grocery, carried my groceries in and I am absolutely done for the day. When does this get better? I was thinking about helping with VBS next week but am worried I won't be able to make it.

I'm not hurting and I feel pretty good which scares me. I had surgery 7/1. But I've been making myself take naps and what not. Today I went to the grocery store which was a huge mistake. Right at the checkout my mouth went completely dry and I thought I was going to die. I was totally whipped Sunday but then remembered I was suppose to start my multi-vitamins. Sorry that wasn't much help at all just one ramble.

I'm heading into my third week. Energy levels are getting a bit better now but I still have several periods during the day where I feel like I could nap (unfortunately I'm back at work so I can't). My surgeon told me at post op that it will only continue to rise and soon it will be markedly better. He advised me to use the added energy to do more intense exercise. I'm certainly looking forward to that period!

I can start B12 injections at 6 weeks, so maybe that will help as well.

I had surgery on June 30th and I have been super exhausted... today is the only day since my surgery that I didn't nap. I actually did the dishes, folded laundry, helped cook for my family dinner this evening(my sister lives with me and my husband and she has been taking over everything while I'm recovering) so it felt better to get that bit of myself back. I find I have more energy in the prior days I also haven't taken any pain medication today so that's probably helped. Looking forward to the coming weeks and months!!!

I don't recall feeling tired, but you may want to ask your doc about b-12 and Iron.

That's me. I'm exhausted and weak as a new kitten with very little exertion.

When will this get better?

I'm 22 days post.

I'm with you Happy. So tired with very little exertion. Work about half days this week. My incisions are still not closed and wear a belly band. Just very tired of feeling like this. Want to get back to normal.

My surgery was June 30 as well.

My incisions are closed and not even itching any more. No discomfort. Just the tired. I can't imagine going to work like this.

I wouldn't be able to make it thru a day.

I'm about 4 months post op. I still feel tired most of the time and during my time of the month it's a hundred times worse(sorry TMI I know right). I feel better when I excersize, but I'm not consistent with it. The thing you have to remember is you are not getting a ready to use source of energy anymore. All of your sugar has to be broken down from your fat storage. So don't get discouraged it takes time to adjust, but it is so worth it. Make sure to keep up with your Vitamins and give yourself time to adjust to your new body.

I never felt tired, so I can't really relate. I do think it may have something to do with Vitamins and minerals, though. Is your blood work coming back ok?

I'm 3,weeks out, still more tired than I'd like and my BP is running very low-today was 90/58!

I am three weeks out, and I have occasional spells of being super tired but it is usually following a day of intense exercise and activity. I try to hit my Protein goals extra hard when I am tired. I don't know if that helps or if it's a placebo effect, but it works for me. :)

I'm with @@AC274132 - think it's due to Vitamin deficiency. Checking with my PCP (surgeon doesn't do blood work until 6 months). I'm four months post op and take a quick nap every work day during my lunch break.