Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

LBT Sleep over in Houston Texas! Nov 13th

LisaMG

Hey ladies we wanted to make sure everyone knew about this. Some of us ladies have been discussing it in the Houston Tx. thread. With all the confusion of people missing threads and posts we wanted to come up here in the Lounge and post something about this get togather.

The more people the better! We hope lots can come and enjoy each others company! All is welcome to come and visit even if you can't spend the night!

It's kinda of a spare of the moment thing. We originally was going to meet for the day in Kema but then a few of us started talking about spending the night so here we are still talking about where we want to spend the night and what we want to do while we're togather!

So far I've suggested we be togather for the night in Galveston in a Beach Houses since it's out of season and the rates are discounted.

You can view the Beach Homes at www.cottagebythebeach.com

I did call today and this is what I found out:

We can view the home before reserving if it's empty.

They suggest to smoke on the balcony but is not strictly enforced.

There is a 2 night minimum rental.

Weekend are a bit more expensive than the advertised price at the website mentioned above. The prices on the web site are for weekdays only.

The man said Stewart View is available (as many others are too) this one is going to be around $300.00 after tax for 2 days. If 6 people come that means $50.00 per person. The extra day will give us a very late check out option. Just something to think about.

Any questions? We're open for suggestions too!!

Count me in Lisa! I can't wait, it sounds like so much fun!

Leatha and I will be taking that "road trip" together!

I can't wait to meet everyone!

The more the merrier!

:banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana

OH MAN!!! Next time give us a little more warning. I would have loved to swing over that way. But alas I have company that weekend. BOO HOO!! Take lots of pics.

So, is anyone else planning a get together and just not sharing the info? LOL!!!

I'm thinking about it!! Crazy, huh?! I haven't mentioned it to DH. My grandson is in Kansas and I could swing by there. Hmmm.... Probably just a candy-induces fantasy. :)

no, no, no, no.. this is just a weekend thing, sort of last minute kind of thing. I think there is still talk of a larger type get-together after the New Year. Am I right?

This really just started out as a 'meet for lunch/the day' kind of thing. It's not meant to take the place of a full-fledged LBT get-together. At least that was my impression. ???

That will definitely take more time to plan and plenty of time for people who aren't local to prepare.

Your right Leatha, at least I think you are.

Ginny, Kleigh, Marie, Blossom, Paula and I can't remember who else has said thier intrested in coming to hang out for the day with us girls. Not all of them are spending the night. We need at least 6 women to say they're spending the night to do this thing at Galveston, I think. Am I right Leatha and Betty???

If you are intrested in me reserving this Beach home and want to spend the night we need to reserve ASAP. I'll even pay for this reservation then you ladies can write me check for your part when you get there. We'll split it in equal parts.

Who else wants to come? And who want to stay the night?

Does anyone else have a better idea on where to stay? We hav'nt made the reservation yet!!

Leatha - I live all kinds of music, except hard rock. My favorites are Country Western and Oldies but Goodies. lol

Blossom - Are you still planning on coming with your surgery so close? I hope you can still make it.

Becky - Come on down! I would love to meet you!

Yeah, this is kind of a quickie idea, but it will be fun. I just didn't know if anyone lived close enough to Texas to come.

Lisa - I will go with what everyone else wants to do. It doesn't matter to me where we stay. I haven't been to that part of Texas, so it will all be new to me wherever you decide.

Betty, you might stick some extra cash in your sock. Leatha's prone to speeding tickets in her fancy, new car. LOL She's going to make this trip in record time!

O.K. Leatha, what kind of hot rod do you have? I can't yell too much, I have a heavy foot too! It's a little different when your riding instead of driving though! :) :eek: :o

Okay correct me if I am wrong did you say a minimum of 2 nights and if so are we planning on that and which two night. I am open to it I just need to be clear on the plans.Thanks

299/275/???

Dr. Spegiel

04/19/04

O.K. Leatha, what kind of hot rod do you have? I can't yell too much, I have a heavy foot too! It's a little different when your riding instead of driving though! :) :eek: :o

LOL, actually, I just bought a Honda Accord, but I got the (most recent) tickets in the car I traded, which was a 2004 Subaru Forester. Does it make sense to you why I DON'T buy something like a Camaro or Firebird or a sports car?? lol. That's me, Lethal Leadfoot, however, I am an extremely safe and good speeder type person.

Now, where are those country cd's... lol

Leatha - I have the camero, and it's a red convertable with racing stripes. (second childhood) I don't think I would ever get another one, the cops watch me like crazy! I keep a radar dector going all the time which really helps me. I think the cops in Texas are worse than any place I have ever been. Do you have a radar detector? I wouldn't drive without one anymore. It has really saved me several times over!

I like all kinds of music, I just don't really get into the rap or hard rock. Everything else is fine for me, I just like music. :) :eek: :o