Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 19 days post op and last week I only lost 0.7 pounds! Whats up with that? I'm not eating enough to keep a bird alive how can I not even lose a pound?

It happens. A loss is a loss. There've been weeks where I don't lose ANYTHING and then there's weeks where I lost 5 lbs.

If you're not eating enough your body will hold onto fat for energy, you may be in starvation mode.

You'll get there soon, my friend was the same then a couple weeks later she was shedding pounds like crazy, the first year they say is rapid weight lost. I lost 20 pounds in just the two weeks since I had the surgery, did u have the sleeve, I read it takes longer with that?

I am 6 wks out today and so far for me the pattern seems to be 2 wks with big losses and then a week the same or very minimal loss. It does seem impossible based on nutritional consumption but my NUT says it is a very normal pattern.

Ah yes the dreaded stall. I hit mine about the same time and it lasted 3 weeks!! It will start to come off again. This week I lost 4 pounds. My doctor told me I really had to get that 80 grams of Protein (which I hadnt) I did this week and got through the stall Hang in there!

@@cpower100Can u drink caffeine free diet soda, my paper says flat soda, i think I'll just stay away from it all together, I read stories about people pouches bursting

My program says nothing carbonated at all, ever. The program also says nothing caffeinated ever and nothing Decaf for first 6 mo.

Are you from Boston area? Where did you have your surgery?

I'm from Dorchester Boston. I had my surgery done at bmc the Newton building, my doctor says u can drink flat ginger ale but I stay away from all soda,

Hi ejones8979! Yeah I'm from Beverly! I miss Boston so much :0 ( Um as far as the weight lose for me anyways it is much slower than it was right after surgery but most of what you lose is Water weight and swelling I would think. But,still faster than I would have ever been able to do if I didn't get surgery. Right now about 1/2 pound a day. I'm sure I'll hit stalls but like the last one just suck it up and keep going. Thanks so much for the info about the coffee! I had started drinking 1 cup day again! Yikes. I did know about soda. No soda ever which is fine but no coffee? That's gonna be a killer

@@ejones8979

After you begin soft foods it does start to come off a little slower than that first month post op. I lose on average 2.5 lbs per week and I am told that is excellent. There are some weeks where I don't lose anything at all but some where I will lose 5 lbs.

And unfortunately there will be stalls along the way. It is very rewarding to know though that you can lose weight pretty darn consistently if you follow the plan.

I am down 111lbs in just 8.5 months and consistently losing. I never thought that would be possible.

Don't let those darn slow weeks or days bring you down, just stick to the plan and your new tool will help you get there!

Good luck!

@@Djmohr thanks for the advice, are u able to rag normal now, like when I eat I have to eat slow so it goes down in a month out even though it feels like I just got out of surgery due to not keeping anything down

Oh dumb spell check I meant eat

Keep I mean

Omg! I totally went through that at the SAME time! 3 week stall I hope it doesn't last that long for you. But...I'm 9 weeks out and it's coming off crazy fast for the past two weeks. Totally normal. That's what my doc said when I called and told him about the no weight lose situation

@@ejones8979,

I still have to eat slowly and chew like crazy. It will be much easier to eat quickly but you will find out that you can overeat in a heart beat. When you overeat, it is not a good experience.

You already know this but it takes time for your brain to tell you that you are full. If you eat too quickly it could be too late. I struggle with this all the time even now.

If i don't chew my food well, it gets stuck and that is not comfortable at all. Mostly this happens with things like steak or pork. I actually cut my meat into tiny bites to begin with which helps.

Sorry, I am guessing you were looking for better news.

I know that the week of my period I didn't lose any weight, I actually gained on some days but nothing more than a pound. Once my TOM was over the weight started to come off again. I don't know if that is your situation, it's just what happened to me.