Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved Monday June 8th and starving :(

I'm so hungry! It just started yesterday I thought it was head hunger so I continued on with broth and Jello and crystal light trying to ignore it. I've had crazy dreams about food the past two nights. This is horrible I'm starving! I pray it gets better. I stopped all the sugar free crap today thinking it's causing cravings bad cravings so I'm sipping broth and Water only from here on out! Or at least till Monday when I can start my Protein shakes!! I just had a mini melt down. Hoping the hunger subsides! I had unrealistic expectations that I just wouldn't be hungry:(

On the upside I'm having very little to no pain at all and the scale is moving down a few pounds at a time and my energy levels are ok. I'm staying hydrated I have no issues drinking 2-3 liters of water a day so no headaches or dehydration symptoms!

i swear by the italian ice that helped me a lot and i ate a lot of Jello with just a dab of cool whip on top. i also drink 1 12 oz of muscle milk in Cookies in cream every day plus the Water. i had to find find other ways to get me through the liquid diet stage. I had my band taken out on Nov 4th and now 7 months later i am finally getting my sleeve on 6/29. I'm excited and scared cause the band worked for me but it worked it's way into my stomach and caused a lot of damage including paralization of the stomach so now my stomach won't empty. we'll get through this girl. this is the hard part. after this it's all Protein and veggies!!!! WE GOT THIS GIRL!!!!! I have to go on all liquids 5 days before surgery but know i can do it cause i did it before the band and i can do it again and so can you. one day at at time.

The hunger feeling could be your stomach acid tricking your stomach to feel empty. Have you been prescribed antacids? If not, you may want to consult your doctor about it.

That is so weird...me too!! It just started yesterday and I was sleeved same day. I am on Protein Drinks along with broth and Jello but same crazy dreams. Every dream is about food. I was wondering about stomach acid because I started getting a bit of a sore throat today and was wondering if it could be that. I don't feel hunger pains but want to eat so bad.

Thx everyone! I'm staying in top of my antacids because I heard it could make you feel hungry with to much acid production! My dreams Bout food are ridiculous! One day at a time is all I can do at this point! Im having a hard time finding sugar free Popsicles that's are edible! I'll definitely keep staying on top of my acid meds and avoid sugar free crap! I think it's causing cravings. One more day and I can start Protein shakes! I make a great shake with Isopure and pb2!!! I can't wait! Thanks for the encouragement we can do it! On the upside I'm down from 207 to 191 :)

Yes stomach acid!!!

I believe some of it was stomach acids because I'm much better now! I added my Protein Shakes also they fill me up so I'm not starving anymore. Once off the clears wow what a difference I've had zero hunger!

Sleeved 6/11 and I am dying to chew something. Thought about chewing and spitting out but I won't. I'll try another flavor shake today. 344 calories per day does not a happy fat man make! My wife is saving me with homemade broths and homemade sugar-free Popsicles (and some snuggles). I'll pay $1,000 for wheat toast with butter, one million dollars for a crispy piece of fish or chicken.

post-257430-14355038606351_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I have a sleeve as of 6 22 2015. I am having a problem getting in the fluids. Help!

Hi,

I have a sleeve as of 6 22 2015. I am having a problem getting in the fluids. Help!

Hey are you sipping Water? Does it make you nauseated? Some people are doing well with caffeine free green tea they say the warm is easier to sip and doesn't make them nauseated. I just drink Water all day. I get 3-4 liters down with no issues and have since about day 6 or 7. I drank a gallon a day before the sleeve though I'm a big water drinker. I literally sip all day from the time I wake up till I go to bed and I pee 100 times. Hope it gets better for you!

For me liquids have been hard too. Water tastes bad to me. Doctor said it happens to some people and it will go away. I try to keep water with crystal light by my side. I set my phone alarm to go off every 15 minutes and then pour water on a one ounce little shot glass. That has helped