Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

newly banded!

Congrats on being banded :-)

I was banded June 1st and feel great... that first week post-op isn't that much fun but you will be feeling great in no time! When does your doc allow you to have mushies? I was allowed mushies after 2 weeks but started drinking creamy Soups (strained) earlier than that as I just had no energy and was so sick of Optifast!!

Keep up the good work and welcome to bandland!!

I was banded on the 19th. THis first week has been tough. I think the liquid diet can be boring. I do have to say that I am not really hungry though. I will be on the liquids until July 13th. How about you??

I am so with you on the not feeling energetic. I feel sooooo tired and limp. This is day 5. Did you have any drawbacks from having creamed Soups so early? I think my dr. plans for me to start mushies this Wed. It seems a lot earlier than what I've been reading, but I'm not going to complain. Sandy

I was banded on Friday, and am on mushies as of yesterday. Mushies help a lot with the energy. Very small amounts, but I notice it really helps.

I was banded on June 22nd. Low energy and still a little nauseated.

I am glad to hear the first week can be rough. That gives me hope. Next week should be better.

I think things do improve day by day. Yesterday, I was lacking energy and it was my first day back at work. I left at 3:30 and went home and directly to bed for a couple hours. Today, so far I am handling work better. I am not sure why my doctor requires liquids for so long. Every doctor is different.

Today is day six for me. Tomorrow I see the dr. for the post-op appt. I'm hoping he puts me on soft food. I cheated a bit and began eating cottage cheese last night. It went down fine. I am beginning to feel more energetic. A week before my surgery I came down with a viral bug that hit all of a sudden. I "forgot" to tell my dr. because I didnt' want to be canceled. I guess my body is a bit overwhelmed by everything that is going on, hence the exhaustion. Today I am feeling a bit more like myself so I think things are looking up. Sandy

I made sure that the Soups were strained and as long as I drank them very slowly (I mean by 1/2 way through it needed reheating slow!!!) then I had no problems at all... they obviously just went right on through!!

If I did drink them a little fast then I would get pressure in my chest and know that I needed to slow down, after about 2 weeks however I can drink like normal for the most part... obviously all the swelling from surgery has gone.

Best to follow doctors advice though... all docs are different and I can only assume they base thier post-op diets on past experiences... my surgeon is quite conservative so I never told him about the soup!

I was banded the 19th also. I've been on CL's and will start 60 grams of protien tomorrow with the CL's thank goodness, I was getting hungry yesterday and today as well. I'm getting dry I think that I need to try and push more fluids. Good Luck All.

I get to star mushies 2oz a day only in another 3weeks.

I just came home today , i had my surgery on 6/25. I will be on Clear Liquids for 2 weeks, and then full liquids for another 2 weeks. Then I can move onto pureed foods. That is going to be tough, but doc said to do it, so there must be a reason in his opinion.

Hi KT.

Thanks for the reply. I'm seeing my dr. tomorrow for the first post-op. I have a feeling he will put me on mushies. I had split pea Soup today and it went down really well. I even took my Vitamins, which are in capsule form and they went down really well. I'm thinking that my band must be very loose. Sandy