Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just got sleeved on Monday how long does the pain last!

Hi everyone, just had my surgery Tues. June 9, I do feel better when I walk, I still seem to need anti-nauseous medicine and pain medicine for one of the incisions that was deep. My question I feel like I can't get my liquids in even with small sips will that get better, feel like I'm going to throw up?

Give it a few days... Your esophagus and stomach is still swollen... It will get easier to swallow! Hang in there:)

Had my surgery on the 12th and stayed one night in hospital. Was up walking that evening and throughout the night. Came home Saturday and was off pain meds by Sunday evening. I had a lapband removed at the same time as they performed my sleeve so my sorest areas were where my port was. My staples are starting to itch, coughing is a little uncomfortable but overall I'm feeling better. I'm on Clear Liquids and I'll be so glad to sip a Protein Shake that's not clear ????

I was sleeved Monday, 6/15. I have pain but it's tolerable compared to the nausea. The nausea is the worst I've ever experienced. Good luck with everything.

Did you ask doc for prescription for nausea meds. They have the kind that dissolve under your tongue. I haven't needed them but the doc had said to call immediately if I got nauseous so they could call int he prescription.Maybe that would help you. Glad the pain isn't bad.

Keep walking and taking your pain meds. Day 4 was my turning point. Hang in there, it will get better soon!!

I was sleeved last Wednesday. So I am 6 days post op with no pain! But I've also followed all the direction of walking and it helps. The first three days are the worse! Then you will be able to feel your incisions each day getting better! I took pain medicine once after I got home on day two and was good after that. Just hang in there :)

i really want this to go!

I am day two post op and out of the hospital, I am weak and bummin around. Hurts to cough but I can tell my lungs have stuff in them. So good to hear you say it gets better after day 3. I keep telling myself one week, just take it one week at a time! On day three did you have cream of wheat or were you still sticking to liquids? The worst pain I have is when I swallow gosh it hurts so bad the goes away in like 15 seconds. Does that get better around day three also?

My surgeons plan includes all liquids for 3 weeks post surgery and then only very soft food (like scrambled eggs or soft fish) 1 teaspoon at a time for another 3 weeks. You need to protect your stomach as it heals. My hardest days (but still a lot easier than I expected) were 3 & 4 and then it got much better. I am now on day 8 and have almost no pain -- just when I try to sit up after being in bed or for a moment in time on occasion. No pain meds needed at all. I hope you feel better soon. Please follow surgeons rules and don't put solids into your body this soon. I wonder if some of the pain might be from too much in your tiny stomach. Go slowly -- no more than 1 oz every 15 minutes. And no lifting anything over 5 lbs. We all need to give our bodies time to heal --

I had my surgery 06.15.2015 and whenever I eat anything I get severe back pain. It's hits me hard and then dissipates. Seems like more air. Is this common?

The only pain I had was getting up due to the larger port hole hat he pulled the stomach through. It was comparable to trying to stand up after my C-sections ouch!

By day 6 ( for me) it was much better. Get rest when you can and try to walk :) you got this !!

My surgery was wednesday the 24th, today is day 3 and i am getting around much better. It does hurt to cough, gas is still bad, but walking helps! Good luck everyone!!