Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was so excited when I got the call for my approval. Surgery was nothing compared to my c section (had my baby 7 weeks before suegery). The pre op.diet was awful me because I was so hungry. It was over quickly though. After surgery I was so tired and they would not let me rest. Finally took a 30 minute nap and then started walking the halls...got in 22 laps before I had the swallow test to check for leaks then I got my popsicle. Went home the next morning. I am about 6 weeks out and my biggest challenge is getting in my liquids.

That is good to know, I have had 2 C-sections and a hernia fixed in my belly button. I figured it cant be too much worse than those. I think all the liquids are going to be a challenge also. You sound like you are doing great. I am soo excited and hope UHC doesn't turn me down.

Hello!! I was sleeved 5/13. I have had some down days but overall I have had a great experience, Best wishes to all have surgery in the near future!!!

You are in good company here. Im the 15th too!

Rsb0807 hoping you get your approval soon. I think I am doing pretty good. I already had more enervy than before. I actually work out 6 days a week. Haven't done that since high school. I didn't get hungry until about 3 weeks after surgery. Now I get hungry but I cannot eat very much. It is wonderful.

Hi everyone.

Well my surgery date is set for 11th august. Bring it on!!! I just wanted to show you guys what is on my shopping list (its quite long) before i have my surgery. Just to reiterate that this is my personal list and im not suggesting that you absolutley need all of these things but here's what's on mine.

Protein shakes ( ive gone for Isopure zero carb shakes and clear juice, handy for clear liquid phase).

♥unflavoured Protein (to mix in Soups and drinks to meet my daily Protein requirement).

♥ truvia sweetner ( for tea and sweetening all kinds of stuff).

♥ blender (going for nutri bullet as it really gets all the bits whizzed up so really smooth shakes).

liquid Multivitamin and mineral with 100% RDA. Calcium with vit D3 ( D3 absorbes Calcium better), Iron sachets mix with juice, B12 dots sublingual, REMEMBER !! Consult with your surgeon to find out what they require you to take.

Biotin 1000mcg for hair loss.

♥popsicle holders (to make Protein shake ice lollies).

♥ nexium tablets for gas relief (best reviews for gas on amazon).

♥ new digital scales

♥ small tupperwear containers for making batches of food to freeze (time saver).

♥ sip cup to help me sip instead of gulp.

♥ small baby spoons to help me with small mouthfulls of food.< /p>

♥ loads of sugar free jelly, pudding, yoghurts, juice, and broth cubes.

♥ blood sugar monitor (just in case i feel really low).

♥ tape measure (keep track on inch loss cuz the scales can be naughty and make you think your at a stall when actually your loosing inches around your waist, arms, legs etc).

♥ good walking shoes or trainers to help me be as comfortable as possible when excercising.

Yep, well thats all ive got so far, anybody think of anything else please let me and the rest of you all know. And good luck to everyone on your journey to the new you. You CAN do it !!!!!

I started at 420 trying to get to 370 for a surgery date of 3/9/15. I got to 395 and agreed to follow post diet to the letter to keep surgery. Today I can say it is worth every dime I paid. I am at 328.8# and halfway to my goal of 230.

You can do this. Stay focused and take up a sport for your new energy.

Have my very first appointment this Friday,can't wait to get this weight off ,tired of being tired of being tired all the time and no energy

@@sugarbabe You've got a good list going. I have several things to help get me through the post-op Clear liquids phase.

Vitamin Water Zero, Coconut Water, Isopure Protein water, Crystal Light, Pedialyte popsicles.

I also bought some popsicle molds. For clear liquid popsicles I use sugar free Jello and Crystal Light. I boil 1.5 cups of water. Dissolve the Jello in the hot water. Add 1.5 cups of prepared Crystal Light then freeze. Pretty tasty. I've tried freezing Protein shakes. While tolerable they had an odd texture. I may try mixing in some Jello to try to improve that.

I also like to vary the flavors of my Protein Shakes. I like to blend them with ice. (Tip: blend ice before adding protein to reduce bubbles) I use things like PB2, unsweetened cocoa powder, flavor extracts, Decaf instant coffee powder, to change up the flavors. I also add in some Stevia to offset the dilution caused by the ice.

Good luck!

Thx wascott for those tips, they sound great. Unfortunately as im in the uk its hard to get hold of some of the things like crystal light and pedialyte but i will have a look on the online stores they may sell it. Sounds like your managing well with your pre-op diet. Have you had any symptoms such as headaches, nausea, lack of energy etc as some other people have experienced? Would love to get some info on what i could potentially have to deal with when i start my liquid diet. When's your surgery date? Not too long now i suppose. Keep up the good work. X

Sugarbabe and Wascott all those area great ideas. I hadnt thought about the sip cup or making my own popsicles. Thank you both sooo much.

Hello! I am getting sleeved on 6/16/15! I have lost and gained back 250 pounds over the last 6 years. Frustrated and pissed I started researching other ways to loose weight. 2 years ago a friend of a friend got sleeved and lost 100 pounds! I was shocked! I started saving money and in a little over 5 weeks it will be my turn! I can't wait! I am 47, been married for 16 years, I, like u hate mirrors and pictures too. I am excited, nervous, happy, anxious and thrilled. Hopefully we can keep in touch and help each other on our journey. I don't know how to fill out the profile either! Haha????

How wonderful to hear your survival story! Enjoy this week of anticipation for the 15th. My sleeve is scheduled for tomorrow, and I am so excited! I may not be so happy this time tomorrow :huh: , but I'm sure that will quickly pass. God bless you in your journey!

Idalola, sending you a virtual hug, and wish you all the best for tommorrow. Just remember every day will better than the day before, good luck and keep us updated with your progress. Xx