Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

sleeve buddy in San Antonio ?

UT Medicine with Dr Peterson. So far I am very happy with this surgeon and his team. Hope you don't mind me asking but what is you diet now and what Protein Drink do you drink? Also when are you able to start driving again?

Hi thingirlinsideme, so why no caffeine? I thought it was only no sodas. I am also trying to lower my caffeine intake - but mainly trying to eliminate sodas. This is a challenge - thought I would decrease amount of sodas until I get to zero sodas per day. but I thought tea was okay. Please explain why no caffeine. Guess I wasn't paying attention during that part of nutrition visit. lol

I am glad to have someone to talk to about this since caffeine is a daily thing for me. :)

Hi thingirlinsideme, so why no caffeine? I thought it was only no sodas. I am also trying to lower my caffeine intake - but mainly trying to eliminate sodas. This is a challenge - thought I would decrease amount of sodas until I get to zero sodas per day. but I thought tea was okay. Please explain why no caffeine. Guess I wasn't paying attention during that part of nutrition visit. lol

I am glad to have someone to talk to about this since caffeine is a daily thing for me. :)

I was told no caffeine 1. Because your pouch will process it differently than before 2. Because caffeine can dehydrate you because it makes you urinate more frequently.

@@rln, I was able to start driving once I was off the pain meds. Pre-op j was using GNC's Total Lean 25 powder shakes. I found the powder more filling and creamier than the pre-made Total Lean 25 shakes. Post-op, I do the pre-made since they are a bit thinner and go down easier. I do the powder Total Lean every so often but I use Water instead of milk.

Also, I was using Unjury's unflavored Protein powder to get an added Protein boost to my Soups and other foods. However, I've switched to Musclegen GENEPRO unflavored Protein Powder. I can only find it on Amazon or on Genepro's website, though. It's about $10-$15 more than Injury, but you get much more out of it because you only need 1 tablespoon to get 30g of protein. powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury is 21g for a larger scoop that is = to about 2-2.5 tablespoons. Additionally, the GENEPRO dissolves much better in food and drinks.

In regards to diet, technically, I'm supposed to be on soft foods till 6/22, but I'm actually eating whatever. For the most part they are soft but this weekend at a birthday party I had about 4 chips but I just chewed them very, very well. Most foods are soft as long as you chew well, ya know? I try to limit my carbs because my nutritionist promotes the low carb diet, but I don't freak out. In my opinion I'm eating so little that a teaspoon of rice or 4 chips once or twice a week isn't the end of the world especially if everything else that enters my mouth had a high nutritional value.

I do need to start upping my veggies because a high protein diet is killer on your lower digestive system. Fiber gumnie and stool softeners are a must.

Lastly, I'm also taking 1 Probiotics pill daily. It has 4 billion active cultures or whatever the term is that they use. Supposedly, and you may be able to find more about this searching the boards, there was a scientific study that was done on bypass patients testing the affect of Probiotics on weightloss and the group that had the probiotics lost a much higher percentage of weight. I know that was for bypass patients, but probiotics can help everyone even if they don't help me lose weight, IMHO they help digestion in general.I'll look for the link to the article and I'll post it.

Hi SA folks! I'm in the process of waiting for approval from my insurance. I'm hoping to receive my approval notice by the end of the week. In the mean time, I thought I'd work on giving up caffeine. Well, today a co-worker called me "cranky pants" LOLOL. It made me smile :).

I'm having surgery with Dr. Sonny Cavazos. Any others have him as a surgeon?

@thingirlibsideme, I have 1 cup of coffee per day 5-7 days per week. I sometimes put a bit of instant coffee in my chocolate Protein Shakes for my daily cup of Joe. I'm not wigging out over 1 cup and neither is my Dr. Maybe you can try half caff? Chat with your doctor about acceptable options.

Great information Erato. I think i will try the unflavored GENEPRO. I think you are right the amount of food you can eat now is so much lower than any amount ever used by any diet plan that a little carb can't hurt. My brother had the sleeve and he did tell me he focused on weight loss during the first months and now he eats pretty much all foods just not everyday. In the old days he would eat a whole foot long subway sandwich, last night he ate only 1/4 of the footlong and he was no longer hungry. That is now a normal amount for him. So I do think the amount of food consumed after surgery is a Big part of the weight loss not just the type of food. The important part is getting the Protein in and sounds like you have that covered. When do you go off soft foods?

I remembered this morning today is your day. Good luck it's all going to be great. Let us know how you are doing once you feel up to it. My sleeve is August 10th.