Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey there September sleevers! Any one out there?

Hey guys! So I started to lose my motivation thinking I'm never going to get a date. Seen my NUT today. I'm down another pound and she says as long as I keep doing what I'm doing and I lose 16 more lbs... Looks like September 29thish for me. Crazy too cuz my birthday Is October 1st so if be coming home on my birthday! Thank god my kids will be in school! Lol

Crystal Leigh my birthday is Oct 1st too!!!

Everyone is getting so close... unfortunately I couldn't get the see my ob/gyne today, scheduled on a cycle day ???? but thats rescheduled for the 18th of Aug. Can't schedule surgery until after my sleep study, than I'll have my prep session, a NUT visit, and anesthesia appt.... I'm so excited... going to start documenting my journey on you tube when I officially have a surgery date.

I was thinking about vloging too but I don't know I did just buy a notebook so I could just write down my feelings and thoughts so I can keep my mind free you know? I wish I knew more people around my way who were having it done so we could go on the journey together :(

Hey guys! So I started to lose my motivation thinking I'm never going to get a date. Seen my NUT today. I'm down another pound and she says as long as I keep doing what I'm doing and I lose 16 more lbs... Looks like September 29thish for me. Crazy too cuz my birthday Is October 1st so if be coming home on my birthday! Thank god my kids will be in school! Lol

Ahhhh no way!!!! I never find anyone with the same birthday as me!! It's pretty rare lol!! That's awesome!!

Got my samples from Unjury today. Tried the vanilla with orange juice, really good. Bought unsweetened vanilla puddings to try others with too. Also got the Vitamins from them. Yes their huge, but not too awful tasting.

Ahhhh no way!!!! I never find anyone with the same birthday as me!! It's pretty rare lol!! That's awesome!!
I only have one friend who was born on Oct 1st!

ok, I have to say I am shocked, I usually use the app to access this topic, I had no clue it had gotten to 19 pages! You guys are the best! I really do love hearing about everyone's experiences.

Speaking of...let's talk Vitamins and supplements! :D

I met my NUT today, LOVED her! She recommended Bariatric Advantage Vitamins and chew-able Calcium, I have to admit I am afraid to try them. lol

Got my samples from unjury today. Tried the vanilla with orange juice, really good. Bought unsweetened vanilla puddings to try others with too. Also got the vitamins from them. Yes their huge, but not too awful tasting.

ok! I am jumping in and ordering them! Wish me luck!

I had a year program I graduate September 30th. Fingers crossed I'll be sleeved early October.

Do you all get free Protein powder samples? If so, how? Please share where I can sign up for a variety of samples.

I emailed info@BariatricChoice.com and they sent me a link to order free samples.

thanks for the tip! doing the same now!

Crystal - I'm also in MA. So there's one more person for you doing this at the same time as you. :-)

Everyone is getting so close... unfortunately I couldn't get the see my ob/gyne today, scheduled on a cycle day but thats rescheduled for the 18th of Aug. Can't schedule surgery until after my sleep study, than I'll have my prep session, a NUT visit, and anesthesia appt.... I'm so excited... going to start documenting my journey on you tube when I officially have a surgery date.

I was thinking about vloging too but I don't know I did just buy a notebook so I could just write down my feelings and thoughts so I can keep my mind free you know? I wish I knew more people around my way who were having it done so we could go on the journey together :(

Everyone is getting so close... unfortunately I couldn't get the see my ob/gyne today, scheduled on a cycle day but thats rescheduled for the 18th of Aug. Can't schedule surgery until after my sleep study, than I'll have my prep session, a NUT visit, and anesthesia appt.... I'm so excited... going to start documenting my journey on you tube when I officially have a surgery date.

I wish I knew more people close to me too but that is what I love about this site! It is a great resource!

I was also considering vlogging but still not sure,

I admire the ones that are vlogging now and it is great to experience their journeys, I am just unsure if it's for me.

and at what point do you start vlogging?

@@Crystal Leigh you mentioned the surgery date being a start date, I like that idea. I could start now when I only have my edg and pre-op appointments left? I will have to mull it over, I do like the idea of keeping a journal too.

I'm plan to start vblog the day before my preop diet starts. The date of/ after surgery. Vblog every week or every other week.

Hi I too am a hopeful September sleever. I am new here. I've already completed all of my pre-op testing and my psych eval. Since having to switch from Cigna to United Healthcare due to layoff, I am on the 4th month of my 6th months of dietary counseling. I have watched endless videos on youtube and have read a couple books, and joined two sites including this one, all have been very helpful in easing my decision. I also personally know two women in my circle of friends who have been sleeved. I am very short, under 5' and about 50 lbs overweight. I have Type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, fatty liver, and asthma. I am 52, and so ready. September can't come soon enough!

I started doing Protein Shakes for Breakfast yesterday and I am liking what I got so far. I also made my pysch eval and mine is going to be 3 hours. Is that normal? Got my Nut appt. next month, my 2nd weight mgt. supervision appt. is on the 26th and then I have 2 more left. Still need to do my sleep apnea study but things seem to be moving along :) I so hope I get approved after all of this!!

my psych appt was only 20-25 min long, what could they possibly talk to u for 3 hrs about, that's long, u only have 4 months of nutritional visit lucky you, I have 6 & don't have to do a sleep apnea test or that endo test, I think it's called endoscopy
my psych appoinment was like 2 1/2 hrs long

I started doing Protein Shakes for Breakfast yesterday and I am liking what I got so far. I also made my pysch eval and mine is going to be 3 hours. Is that normal? Got my Nut appt. next month, my 2nd weight mgt. supervision appt. is on the 26th and then I have 2 more left. Still need to do my sleep apnea study but things seem to be moving along :) I so hope I get approved after all of this!!

my psych appt was only 20-25 min long, what could they possibly talk to u for 3 hrs about, that's long, u only have 4 months of nutritional visit lucky you, I have 6 & don't have to do a sleep apnea test or that endo test, I think it's called endoscopy
What did you do? Was it more talking or filling out questionnaires? My pysch eval is Tues. just wondering what to expect... Did you know before you left if he/she cleared you?

I started doing Protein Shakes for breakfast yesterday and I am liking what I got so far. I also made my pysch eval and mine is going to be 3 hours. Is that normal? Got my Nut appt. next month, my 2nd weight mgt. supervision appt. is on the 26th and then I have 2 more left. Still need to do my sleep apnea study but things seem to be moving along :) I so hope I get approved after all of this!!

What did you do? Was it more talking or filling out questionnaires? My pysch eval is Tues. just wondering what to expect... Did you know before you left if he/she cleared you?
mine is this coming Saturday, I told the receptionist that I needed a pych evaluation for surgery, did I need a longer or different appt? (this is my psych dr, not a referral) and she said I should be fine with the hour. My surgeons office gave me a letter/info sheet that lists all the things that need to be listed in the eval for the insurance company. I will keep you posted!

Been mixing the Unjury Protein mix with sf fat free vanilla pudding. Really thick, but tasty. Also been taking the unjury Vitamins. Really big and nasty aftertaste, but no problem