Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey there September sleevers! Any one out there?

I was so thinking the same thing!!! ????????????@@notforthefaint

Eggplantmassacre I am thinking on the beach today my last summer over weight. Lol

I don't know about the rest of you but I just had a moment where I realized that next 4th of July I will be nearly half my size. It made me *SMILE*

:):):):):):):):):):)

Happy 4th everyone!!

Mine was maybe next year I can wear a bathing suit and sarong and be comfortable with that since we always have a BBQ and pool party.

I had my 1st psych visit today I go back in 3 weeks to finish...they had me take this really weird test

I remember my visit... she asked a ton of questions. Than sent me home with 300 questions too answer. I turn that in on the 10th... but I was medically cleared based on my responses in the visit. Those questions were something else...

Time seems too be moving at the rate of a turtle. This process started 5/20... approved on 6/18, smoking cessation appt 7/10, 8/7 sleep study( i can schedule surgery), 8/10 prep session, ob/ gyne appt 8/18, 1 NUT visit, 1 anesthesiologist visit... than preop starts 10 days before surgery. I'm so anxious and excite... I'm I the only one?

I'm so jealous that some of you were able to get a date before you started all the appointments.My dr office doesn't give a date until after you get insurance approval.

Time seems too be moving at the rate of a turtle. This process started 5/20... approved on 6/18, smoking cessation appt 7/10, 8/7 sleep study( i can schedule surgery), 8/10 prep session, ob/ gyne appt 8/18, 1 NUT visit, 1 anesthesiologist visit... than preop starts 10 days before surgery. I'm so anxious and excite... I'm I the only one?

I know exactly what you mean....in the whole scheme of things, it's all happened pretty quickly for us (1st consult on 5/20, husband's surgery is on 7/29, but we're self-pay, so no insurance hoops). But the days seem to drag by..... So excited to get this show on the road!

Makes me think of that line from When Harry Met Sally: "I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."

Edited by EggplantMassacre

Hi. It's looking like I will be a September sleever. My last appt with the sleep doc is on 8/6. I changed my final NUT 1 hr visit to that day too. After that they submit the paperwork to my insurance company. The surgeon said it could take up to 30 days for them to hear anything. Even if they hear in a week or two I'm sure with vacations, etc. I'll be looking at September. I can hardly wait I'm so excited to get this done.

I hope to be a Sept sleever too. I have BC/BS FEP and was told that I might not qualify. Is anyone else a Federal Employee with BC/BS basic plan?

My BMI is 38, I've had two knee replacements (and still have issues with them) and also sleep apnea. But, I have low blood pressure and no diabetes so my surgeon said I might not get approved.

My last appointment is on the 23rd, and then the paperwork goes in. It takes my insurance carrier about 2 weeks to reply. My surgeon also will not schedule a surgery date until the insurance company responds. Plus - if I get the OK - I still need 2 weeks to do the pre-diet. So, that means 4 weeks after the insurance company gets all the paperwork before I get the surgery.

Whoo hoo...just had my 3rd of 4 Nut visits. All tests are done and last Nut is 8/11. I was told today that all paperwork is in and we are just waiting until 8/11. I should see surgery for end of Aug or first of Sept!!! 8/31 woyld be the perfect date for me! Getting closer for all of us. I'm soooo ready. Stay positive everyone...we're almost there!

My Drs office doesn't put thru for final approval until last nutritional visit. I started this April 1st.

I'm so jealous that some of you were able to get a date before you started all the appointments.My dr office doesn't give a date until after you get insurance approval.

same with mine....its frustrating I want /need to plan around it but can't

same with mine....its frustrating I want /need to plan around it but can't
Every office is different... I got approval before my preop testing was done. My office doesn't schedule surgery until after the sleep study test... after I'm scheduled, they well schedule my NUT visit and my anesthesia visit. So the ball isn't rolling until after Aug 7... my sleep study. But I still have to give my job 30 day notice and start my FMLA... that the only draw back, you have to wait more time, on top of the time you've already waited, because they don't schedule until after a certain test.... lol...but my surgery will be in September, hopefully the first or second week.

There is a lot of us on here to hopefully give support to one another. I am so ready like all of you to get this done. Lol. My latest Protein Drink I got this week us pure Protein. Has 23g protein 1g sugar and only 110 calories. Looks like this one will be it for me

Which Protein Powder did you use, it sounds like a great one to try?