Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Share ideas, What did you eat today ?

February 25, 2010

7am: coffee & milk

9am Greek non fat plain yogurt with 2 tablespoons of flax seed.

10.30 8oz no sugar cranberry juice & 32oz water

11.30 cup of fresh strawberries

1pm 2 eggs scrambled on a 100 calorie whole grain thin bread.< /span>

2.30pm juice of 4 lemons & 32 oz water

4pm 2 pretzles

1 glass white wine

5pm 1 square of blue cheese & 2 crackers

5.30pm 4oz orange roughy steamed with onion & roasted red pepper.

Hi Everyone -

I'm hoping you guys can help me out. I've posted on this thread off and on in the past. I'm almost 1 year out from surgery and down 92 pounds. I feel I'm obsessing over my dailyplate.com and Protein counts. I looked at some of your meals and wondered if any of you have gotten to the point where you stop the counting, just eat healthy, always protein first, and go about "living." I've logged everything since surgery and am thinking I need to step back from worrying about the numbers (accept that there will be higher and lower protein days). I'm thinking of just letting the scale speak for itself and if that's not showing the results I want I would go back to logging everything again. Any advice? I can't help but think at this point I know how much I'm eating, etc., but don't want to sabotage myself either.

I appreciate your thoughts.

I'm almost 1 year out from surgery and down 92 pounds. I feel I'm obsessing over my dailyplate.com and Protein counts. I looked at some of your meals and wondered if any of you have gotten to the point where you stop the counting, just eat healthy, always protein first, and go about "living."

I posted this on another thread, but I think it answers your question.

I think I'm one of the oddballs. I don't journal my food. However, I also believe in the K.I.S.S. principal (keep it simple stupid). When things get too complicated or task involved, I find I drop them fairly quickly so it's best to just k.i.s.s.

I tend to be a creature of habit so my meals are at the same time every day.

6:30 a.m.: 1 cup hot green tea

7:00 a.m.: Breakfast and it's the same every morning...double scoop EAS Protein Shake in 2% milk.

9:30 a.m.: EAS ready made protein shake (110 cal, 3 carbs)

12:00 p.m.: 2-3 oz protein, 1/4-1/2 cup vegies and 1/4 cup carbs (rice, potatoes, Pasta, beans) although lately I've been swapping the starch carbs out for 1/4 cup fresh fruit.< /p>

2:30 p.m.: EAS ready made protein shake (110 cal, 3 carbs)

6 p.m.: 2-3 oz protein, 1/4-1/2 cup vegies and 1/4 cup carbs (pasta, rice, potatoes, beans)

8:30 p.m.: EAS ready made protein shake (110 cal, 3 carbs)

If I'm really craving a sweet treat, I'll have this about an hour after my shake. Many times, the shake takes away that craving enough that I can say, "I'll have it tomorrow if I want it."

I'm in bed by 10 or 11 p.m. so I don't deal with cravings (if I have any) for too long in the evening.

I do not count may shakes as part of my 64 oz liquids to I'll fill up my 20 oz water bottle (usually with crystal lite of some flavor) and I make sure to drink one between breakfast and lunch, one between lunch and dinner and another in the evening.

My Proteins are pan fried, grilled or roasted and when I pan fry I use minimal (like 1 tsp) of olive oil amounts of fat. Vegies are usually steamed because I happen to like them that way and I don't usually add anything to them except a sprinkling of parmesan cheese or a pat of butter (pat similar to what you'd get in a restaurant).

I know this probably sounds boring to some people, but I don't have to think about my meals beyond "Do I have protein and vegies in my fridge?" and there's little to no planning of meals...or journaling.

Hi Everyone -

I'm hoping you guys can help me out. I've posted on this thread off and on in the past. I'm almost 1 year out from surgery and down 92 pounds. I feel I'm obsessing over my dailyplate.com and Protein counts. I looked at some of your meals and wondered if any of you have gotten to the point where you stop the counting, just eat healthy, always protein first, and go about "living." I've logged everything since surgery and am thinking I need to step back from worrying about the numbers (accept that there will be higher and lower protein days). I'm thinking of just letting the scale speak for itself and if that's not showing the results I want I would go back to logging everything again. Any advice? I can't help but think at this point I know how much I'm eating, etc., but don't want to sabotage myself either.

I appreciate your thoughts.

I have done the obsession thing for years. I had reached a standstill last month and didnt have much restriction. I literally had to stop everything I was doing. The calorie counting, measuring and 5X a week exercise had to stop. so what I did was this....

I put my scale away on a top shelf in a bedroom, stopped journaling, eyeballed my food amounts. I had a fill on Wed. on Feb. 17th and the doc told me to relax. I lost 6lbs this past week just by eating on my smaller plate. 3-4 oz serving of protein, veggies. 3 meals, sometimes a snack IF i'm hungry. That amount is filling me up and my body is happy.

I always always drink well over my Water minimum.

SO, I tell you.......RELAX:tongue2:

Well, I'm really frustrated with not losing any weight after a year and a half of getting the band. I really want to get the ball rolling and decided I will go on a liquid diet and see if the weight starts coming off like it did pre-op and post-op.

b- cofee & 2% milk

l- Cream of chicken Campbell's Soup to-go

d- Muscle milk shake with 2 straberries and 1/2 banana

s- tea or consome

Wish me luck, I know the first few days will be hell (for me and everyone around me!).

Well, I'm really frustrated with not losing any weight after a year and a half of getting the band. I really want to get the ball rolling and decided I will go on a liquid diet and see if the weight starts coming off like it did pre-op and post-op.

b- cofee & 2% milk

l- Cream of chicken Campbell's Soup to-go

d- Muscle milk shake with 2 straberries and 1/2 banana

s- tea or consome

Wish me luck, I know the first few days will be hell (for me and everyone around me!).

Question....Why liquid? That will not "stay" with you and keep you satisfied for very long with the band. Solid Proteins will maintain a full feeling longer. And remember no drinking at least 30 minutes after you finish your meal. I wish you luck

Question....Why liquid? That will not "stay" with you and keep you satisfied for very long with the band. Solid Proteins will maintain a full feeling longer. And remember no drinking at least 30 minutes after you finish your meal. I wish you luck

Hi Steelgirl,

This is my way of getting back on the saddle in this weight loss journey. I need a kickstart to my weight loss and I figure if I did it once (pre-op) I can do it again. I don't feel I eat unhealthy or excessively but I have not lost a single pound in the last year and this is really driving me crazy (I self paid so when I write a check every month I am reminded of how I am not using my tool efficiently).

I am hoping dropping some pounds will motivate me to bring more structure to my weight loss.

I will let you know how it goes. So far so good!

B- Muscle Milk chocolate (230cal)

L- Campbell's Savory chicken and Long grain rice + half a serving of whole grain wheat thins (290cal)

S- Keebler's RightBite 100 calorie snack

Sargento's Light String cheese (50cal)

D- (Plan on) Romaine salad with feta cheese, carrots and strawberries with raspberry vinaigrette (little less than 300cal?)

I need to start becoming accountable for what I eat again. I've been snacking excessively and I KNOW it's been hindering me in losing weight. Time to put up or shut up.

B-nectar Protein shake with 1/4 c frozen peaches, blended

S-banana

L-1 slice ham, 3/4 c steamed green Beans, 3/4 serving of single serve 2% cottage cheese

S-Chai tea with 2 T vanilla Syrup, 8 peanut M&M

D-3oz sirloin steak, 1 cup steamed broccoli

Tempted to eat the girl scout Cookies but had a few bites of raspberry sorbet instead.

monicasf- I completely understand that! I know in my experience pre and post band I have to keep it exciting for my body! haha....It seems to get bored after a few weeks. I have to try new foods or switch up my exercise routine. It seems to work! Please keep me posted!:(

B: 1/4 cup oatmeal

3/4 cup FF milk

L: 1/2 cup homemade chix salad with olives and egg (hearty)

1 slice of double Fiber whole wheat toast

D: not sure but will be fish of some sort. 4oz filet and steamed veggies

Maybe a glass of wine (I have company coming):(

B-Oh Yeah Protein Drink

L-baked chicken thigh and tossed salad with a few pieces of chicken on the salad

s-protein bar and banana

D-Morning star veggie burger, Arnold whole-wheat fat roll, fat-free cheese, tablespoon of leftover chilli

Yesterday (3rd succesful day of liquid diet!! ):

b: coffee and skim milk

l: vegetable Soup and a yogurt

s: muscle milk vanilla

d: smoothie with 1/2 banana, 2 strawberries, skim milk and 1 scoop of choc muscle milk

yesterday-

B: 1 can of tuna in Water w/ teaspoon of olive oil mayo

1 slice light whole wheat toast

L: 1/2 of a mild sweet sausage link

1/4 cup of 1% cottage cheese

D: 2cups of salad

4oz pistachio encrusted tilapia filet

snack: handful of whole wheat/black bean chips

Today-

B: 1 can of tuna in Water w/ teaspoon of olive oil mayo

1 slice light whole wheat toast

L: 3/4 oz of almonds (1/2 pack)