Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone. I'm Cryss and I'm new to the site. I'm in the beginning stages of WLS and I've chosen the VSG. I've done the initial seminar, consultation, initial dietician visit, I've been told how much to lose and now I'm on the diet plan that my dietician gave me.

I made this decision at the suggestion of my endocrinologist. After getting some blood work done...he didn't like what he saw.

I'm overweight, duh lol. My BMI is really high. I started thinking about how I've been struggling with my weight pretty much my whole life but DEFINITELY after the birth of my daughter. That was 15 years ago. I thought about not being around for my daughter.

So I made the choice to do this! Im still struggling with feeling disappointed in myself for not being able to do this on my own. But there's nothing wrong with admitting to yourself that you need help! And well...I need help!

My PAC that works with the surgeon at the hospital that I'm getting the procedure done at said if all goes well with all my blood work, I'm looking at 10 weeks!

I'm really REALLY trying to stick to the diet that I've been given. I was told to lose between 10-20 lbs. I've only been on the diet since 5/18 so I'm pretty sure I haven't lost any weight but I'm more working on sticking to what I need to be doing.

I don't have to tell y'all that this is HARD! But it'll be worth it in the end.

I'm scared....I've never had any kind of major surgery before. But I'm SUPER excited! I'm looking forward to starting a healthier and better part of my life!

So now a little about me!

I'm Crystal but my friends call me Cryss. I hope to make new friends here...some that understand what I'm going through. I have one 15 year old daughter. She's the most amazing child! And resilient! She still smiles despite A LOT that she's been through.

I'm born and raised in New Orleans! I work in healthcare. I've been a pharmacy tech for 12 years. I would like to go to school for dental hygiene or even dentistry. Maybe one day...

I'm just happy to be here and be at this point in my life!

Welcome! It is scary thinking about all the changes headed your way. It's no joyride that's for sure. But it's ok and the results you get will put a big smile on your face. Over all I think the benefits of WLS far outweigh any unpleasantness you come across. Don't be scared of the surgery itself. You'll do great.

Oh - and there will come a day when you go to buy some new clothes and they don't come from the plus section. It's awesome, almost surreal, and worth every minute of the anxiety you currently feel.

Lots of folks will be here to give you support and answer questions. Congratulations on your decision!

Welcome! It is scary thinking about all the changes headed your way. It's no joyride that's for sure. But it's ok and the results you get will put a big smile on your face. Over all I think the benefits of WLS far outweigh any unpleasantness you come across. Don't be scared of the surgery itself. You'll do great.

Oh - and there will come a day when you go to buy some new clothes and they don't come from the plus section. It's awesome, almost surreal, and worth every minute of the anxiety you currently feel.

Lots of folks will be here to give you support and answer questions. Congratulations on your decision!

Thank you for your kind words! I can't wait to be back in single digit clothes sizes again! I appreciate finding this site. I haven't told many ppl about this. Not that I'm ashamed...not at all! But I don't need the criticism right now at all! Not when I'm trying to make up my mind as it is.

Well I've already done that! Lol

G'day Cryss..

Welcome!!

I'm pretty new to this site as well. I've been "sleeved" for three months and on this site for just a couple of weeks.

Good luck to you and well done on making the decision.

Like most people here, I'm always available to answer questions, vent to, or for just a chat...

Looking forward to seeing your updates.

Take care...

Kinda...

G'day Cryss..

Welcome!!

I'm pretty new to this site as well. I've been "sleeved" for three months and on this site for just a couple of weeks.

Good luck to you and well done on making the decision.

Like most people here, I'm always available to answer questions, vent to, or for just a chat...

Looking forward to seeing your updates.

Take care...

Kinda...

Thank you! I'm down 13 lbs so far and I have all my labs tomorrow. I'm excited to go to my next dietician appt

Welcome! This is a true journey! We have something in common wanting to live for our children! Good luck to you!

Welcome! You will do great.

Geaux Tigers and Geaux Saints :)

-RC-

Welcome! This is a true journey! We have something in common wanting to live for our children! Good luck to you!

Thank you! We certainly do ????

Welcome! You will do great.

Geaux Tigers and Geaux Saints :)

-RC-

WHODAT! :-) And thank you...I'm just ready to start this other part of my life

The fact that MOST people cannot do it on their own should comfort you ... I'm in that club too! Best decision I have ever made is the sleeve. Living for my daughter and showing her a healthy lifestyle is number one. I'm soooo happy you are on your journey. You should be proud of yourself right now as it is not an easy task and it's definitely NOT the cheaters way to loose weight. See you on the loser side darlin!

The fact that MOST people cannot do it on their own should comfort you ... I'm in that club too! Best decision I have ever made is the sleeve. Living for my daughter and showing her a healthy lifestyle is number one. I'm soooo happy you are on your journey. You should be proud of yourself right now as it is not an easy task and it's definitely NOT the cheaters way to loose weight. See you on the loser side darlin!

I'm sooooooooo excited and ready to be on the loser side! Thanks for the kind words. It definitely was a hard decision to make. I'm glad I did! I can tell my daughter has already starting taking notice to the healthy practices that I've been doing. She told me she way proud of me...that made me cry. It felt so good to hear those words from her. I'm just happy to be here right now!

Edited by CreoleVSGGirl

I'm new to the site as well. In the beginning stages of the process. I'm just ready to get this done! I'm be looking for your posts on here.

I'm new to the site as well. In the beginning stages of the process. I'm just ready to get this done! I'm be looking for your posts on here.

Me as well...I have I think one more dietician appt and then I'll be cleared! I'm so excited!

Edited by CreoleVSGGirl

Welcome :)

Im also in the beginning stages. I had my sleep apnea test last night. And my doctor said he's trying for September or October.

Anywho welcome again...and good luck with meeting your goal! #yougotthis

Welcome :)

Im also in the beginning stages. I had my sleep apnea test last night. And my doctor said he's trying for September or October.

Anywho welcome again...and good luck with meeting your goal! #yougotthis

That's great! I'm actually looking at late July or early August. In my 1st consultation they told me it could be as soon as 10 weeks if we didn't have any issues. So far we haven't had any. After my next appt on the 29th I'll find out then. Congrats on you starting your process too!