Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Those sleevers who have met there goal THIS IS FOR YOU

Hello I am sure us virgin and new sleevers would love to know how long did it take for you to reach your goals. I was sleeved 3/25 down 21 but it seems my inches are coming off, the weight is slow BUT THAT IS OKAY. I know I have a lifetime to work this small stomach but I was just curious for those who have met their goal how long did it take?

It took me 1 year and 7 months exactly to the day to hit my goal. I floated a pound away from it for about 2 months and 4 pounds away from it for 5 months. My goal was to lose 108 pounds (237 to 129). It has been 1 year 8 months and 8 days since surgery and I have lost 110 pounds total.

AvaFern how many pounds were you losing per week? Did you have alot of stalls along the way?

@@tamelntre

Except for height, our stats look the same. I started at 235 the day of surgery, and as of today I have lost 68 pounds. On 5/22, it will be my 9 month surgiversary. I'm considered a slow loser, and have stalled quite a bit along the way. I am hoping by my 1 year to hit goal, but I'm averaging 2-6 pounds a month at this point, so it may not happen. That's okay :) I'm happy with my progress, running almost 2 miles a day, strength training and really enjoying feeling healthy and strong! I know I will get there eventually!

Let me ask you this.

What's more important? The number on the scale or how you look in your jeans? (I won't even say the number on the tag in your pants because I wear a 6, 8 or 10 depending on the brand.)

I weigh myself every day. Sometimes even 2 or 3 times a day. The number keeps me on track but I don't CARE about it. I care about how my ass looks in my jeans. Inches are FAR more important than pounds. To me anyways...

@@tamelntre

Except for height, our stats look the same. I started at 235 the day of surgery, and as of today I have lost 68 pounds. On 5/22, it will be my 9 month surgiversary. I'm considered a slow loser, and have stalled quite a bit along the way. I am hoping by my 1 year to hit goal, but I'm averaging 2-6 pounds a month at this point, so it may not happen. That's okay :) I'm happy with my progress, running almost 2 miles a day, strength training and really enjoying feeling healthy and strong! I know I will get there eventually!

Question, I always have lots of questions. So was your weight loss slow in the beginning like me, I think I am going on week 6.

You know I really love the inches to fall off eventually BUT since I am so early in the game I want the weight to come off. I know I will drop the weight I just don't want to feel like I am slacking when you read other post and I know that I should not compare.

@tamelntre

The only things you can control are what you eat and drink and how much you exercise and what kind of exercise you do. You cannot control the scales.

Of course, your weight will be affected by the above things you CAN control, but the scale will also fluctuate due to other things -- your monthly cycle, illnesses, how much muscle you're building at the moment, how much muscle you've already built, the sodium in your food, whether and how much you're constipated, etc.

But to answer your question, in the 2-1/2 months prior to surgery I lost 20 pounds (thanks to my own 2-month diet and the surgeon's 2-week diet). On surgery day, August 18, 2014, I weighed 216 pounds. About 8-1/2 months post-op I hit my goal of 150 pounds. In the last week I've lost another couple of pounds. So I've lost a total of 87 pounds in 11 months.

BTW, you should consider posting a weight ticker here. It'll help you and others follow your own weight loss progress.

How do you post the ticker?

@@tamelntre

I'm one of those people who didn't really keep track monthly as I was losing. I believe I had lost like 20 the first month or so (may have been at 6 weeks) and 50 by month 5. I personally slowed down considerably after month 5.

Like what was said above, there are SO many variables as to how quickly or slowly each individual loses. Don't get so hung up on the numbers, and don't compare your weight loss with others. Just do what you need to do, and it will come off at your pace.

@@Babbs I think I am going to take a break from the sake for 1 month. I go on a follow up next Thursday after that day I will not get on the scale for 30 days. I think me looking at that thing is driving me crazy.

@@tamelntre

Atta girl! I think that's a GREAT idea! ;)

You just keep getting your Protein and fluids, and you will see results! Keep off that damn scale, and see how your clothes will be falling off of you :)

@@Babbs one more question besides Protein Shakes how else were you getting your Protein? I am starting to gag now from them shakes from drinking them so much. I need something else. I do use flavor less Protein Powder but that is getting old too.

@@Babbs one more question besides Protein Shakes how else were you getting your Protein? I am starting to gag now from them shakes from drinking them so much. I need something else. I do use flavor less protein powder but that is getting old too.

You're 6 weeks out? You should be getting your protein at this point from mainly food anyway. Lean meats (ground beef, chicken, pork, seafood) Greek yogurt, eggs, cheese are all good sources for you at this point. Just introduce some meat slowly to see how your tummy handles it. Make sure chicken is moist, if it's too dry it can feel "stuck" sometimes. Hope that helps!

It took me 6 months and 1 day. I just hit my goal this week on May 5th. Day of surgery I was 213, and today I am 135. Thrilled that those 78lbs are gone, hopefully never to return.